When will we hear!!!!

48 minutes ago, plume said:

I just have to vent and say that I hate this waiting process. I won't hear from most of my programs until mid or late March.... are they torturing us on purpose??? :P 

I totally agree. It's making me crazy! I don't think I'll hear anything until next week at the earliest but probably more mid-March. I feel like I won't even be able to open the mail/emails though because I'll be too nervous to see what they say :P 

2 hours ago, plume said:

I just have to vent and say that I hate this waiting process. I won't hear from most of my programs until mid or late March.... are they torturing us on purpose??? :P 

It feels like they are! I just really want to know - and the waiting will be so much worse if there are waitlists and all that! 

2 hours ago, plume said:

I'm going crazy too! This is torture. I can't even enjoy my weekends anymore because once Friday comes around and I haven't heard anything I'm soooo sad. 

3 hours ago, JcSLP said:

I totally agree. It's making me crazy! I don't think I'll hear anything until next week at the earliest but probably more mid-March. I feel like I won't even be able to open the mail/emails though because I'll be too nervous to see what they say :P 

Mine is the same! I hope to hear from one school next week and then it will be middle or end of March until I hear anything else! I feel you--my heart races every time I check the portals, ha ha.

1 hour ago, Callen said:

It feels like they are! I just really want to know - and the waiting will be so much worse if there are waitlists and all that! 

I totally agree!!!

1 hour ago, BeachySpeechy said:

I'm going crazy too! This is torture. I can't even enjoy my weekends anymore because once Friday comes around and I haven't heard anything I'm soooo sad. 

Oh my gosh I am the same way!! Now I have to wait until Monday to incessantly check my email.... 

6 hours ago, plume said:

I check in on how I'm feeling a few times a day (have anxiety - can help, I don't know) but a lot of times I'm like why does it feel like I had too much coffee and no food like extra shaky in the background anxiety. It's the waiting game

6 hours ago, plume said:

I'm in the same boat. ??? This LIU Post interview is the only thing keeping me afloat right now ?

Got a letter with an acceptance into La Salle (in Philly) today (2/25). The letter was sent out 2/20. I've never had any email communication from the school, so was a bit surprised! 

3 hours ago, Callen said:

Just got a rejection from University of Minnesota - Twin cities,  so at least I heard back from one!! Even though it was a rejection ahaha

lol I swear the wait is so bad, a small part of me would just like a rejection already haha! I haven't heard from anyone yet.

With all of you here- the waiting is so stressful :(:(  I was under the impression that we'd know by the end of February.

So far I have one rejection, one waitlist, and I did one interview at my top choice school on 2/17.  I just want someone to tell me I'm going to be an slp!

4 hours ago, Chai Tea Latte said:

Just got a phone call acceptance to West Texas. Surprised because I thought my interview went terribly.

Congrats!! I just got a phone acceptance to West Texas also! :) Have you decided where you are going to go? 

2 hours ago, Chai Tea Latte said:

Congrats hunty!

Not yet, I'm still waiting to hear back from like 16 other schools. I like West Texas' philosophy and multicultural focus, but I'm not super excited about their externship placements (which is mostly in the schools---and I already have ample experience in the schools!). So, idk, we'll see. I will definitely let you know if I decide to attend.

Oh wow! That is a good amount of schools! Well at least you know you are going somewhere! :)

Yikes I didn't know most of their placements were in schools. On their website it seems like they have a variety? I also have years of experience in schools and want to explore the medical side of SLP. Hopefully I hear back from other schools! 

3 minutes ago, tvl said:

Oh wow! That is a good amount of schools! Well at least you know you are going somewhere! :)

Yikes I didn't know most of their placements were in schools. On their website it seems like they have a variety? I also have years of experience in schools and want to explore the medical side of SLP. Hopefully I hear back from other schools! 

When did you have your interview for West Texas A&M? I had mine on 2/23. I'm hoping I will hear back this week!