When will we hear!!!!

8 minutes ago, tvl said:

Oh wow! That is a good amount of schools! Well at least you know you are going somewhere! :)

Yikes I didn't know most of their placements were in schools. On their website it seems like they have a variety? I also have years of experience in schools and want to explore the medical side of SLP. Hopefully I hear back from other schools! 

During the interview, I asked how were graduate students supervised and they only mentioned their on-campus clinic and their school placements, but now I'm looking at their website and they do have some opportunities for hospital and rehab facility placements!!!

Thank you for pointing that out. They just moved up on my list for sure.

Edited by Chai Tea Latte

15 hours ago, Kslptobe said:

When did you have your interview for West Texas A&M? I had mine on 2/23. I'm hoping I will hear back this week!

I had my interview 2/23 and heard back 2/27. I'm sure you will hear soon! :)

43 minutes ago, Callen said:

It's weird to think that tomorrow is already March... it seems like March comes so early bc February has so few days! 

And to think we *should* be, starting tomorrow, in the prime time of hearing back from schools wowza

AHH I am so excited!!

1 hour ago, Callen said:

It's weird to think that tomorrow is already March... it seems like March comes so early bc February has so few days! 

And to think we *should* be, starting tomorrow, in the prime time of hearing back from schools wowza

Same!! I'm both worried and excited haha. Realized today I have 89 days until my college grad, and like a month and a half to decide where I'll be spending the next chapter of my life. :unsure:

@kenz I see in your signature you applied to Ithaca, I assume you haven't heard anything either? It's weird because I saw two and only two posts on the results page that they received acceptances to Ithaca through the mail. I haven't gotten anything in the mail and my Ithaca portal hasn't changed

@kayyyyy_ me too!!!

@jmk I'm in the same boat basically ah! I graduate on may 5th and haven't calculated the days, but holy shiz... can't believe we are gonna be figuring out the next chapter either. So nerve-wracking 

@JcSLP Yep, I'm in the same boat. I also saw those two acceptances and thought it was strange. The only thing I could think of is maybe they are current undergrads, as Ithaca automatically accepts any undergrad of theirs with a 3.7 GPA or higher. 

Anyone else dying to hear from SDSU?!?! The past two years, they sent out decisions on February 26th... I'm getting impatient and I just want to know!

2 minutes ago, ssllpp said:

Anyone else dying to hear from SDSU?!?! The past two years, they sent out decisions on February 26th... I'm getting impatient and I just want to know!

ahh good luck! I hope you hear soon!

13 minutes ago, ssllpp said:

No idea they sent them out that early. Now I'm anxious too!

1 hour ago, imunster said:

Although on their website it says "Admissions decisions will be made by mid-March" so we may have to wait a bit longer. :( I just thought they might follow the same pattern as in recent years.

8 hours ago, imunster said:

SDSU finally sent them! I guess I just had to complain about it on gradcafe for it to happen. :-P 

I'm on the waitlist. Glad to at least have a chance still...

Got an acceptance from SDSU, my second choice! So excited to finally receive an admission decision and not interview from the CA schools I applied to lol :)

Last week I received admission for UNC Chapel Hill, which is an amazing program but so expensive since I am out-of-state (California). Now that I know I definitely have an in-state option, I will be declining their offer. Hope this opens up a spot for someone's dream school!

44 minutes ago, ssllpp said:

SDSU finally sent them! I guess I just had to complain about it on gradcafe for it to happen. :-P 

I got waitlisted too!

12 minutes ago, pbandj said:

Got an acceptance from SDSU, my second choice! So excited to finally receive an admission decision and not interview from the CA schools I applied to lol :)

Last week I received admission for UNC Chapel Hill, which is an amazing program but so expensive since I am out-of-state (California). Now that I know I definitely have an in-state option, I will be declining their offer. Hope this opens up a spot for someone's dream school!

Congrats!

15 minutes ago, pbandj said:

47 minutes ago, ssllpp said:

Congrats to you both!!!!

17 minutes ago, imunster said:

I got waitlisted too!

Congrats!

Any idea how many people got accepted and how many are on the waitlist? The email was very clear in that they don't want us to ask what number we are, hah.