31 minutes ago, HB824 said:

Thank you!! 2 year program!

Oh boy! You're the first one I've heard of getting notified from the 2 year!! Was it an email? I hope I hear soon because I only have 3 weeks to reply to SSU. 

Yeah I received an email and they said a formal letter will come soon! If you only have a few weeks to respond to your other school you could email BC asking them when you will hear or you could ask SSU for an extension. Some schools are really great with the extensions, I got one at NYU because their timeline was really quick and I was still waiting to hear from some schools! Good luck!!

25 minutes ago, HB824 said:

Yeah I received an email and they said a formal letter will come soon! If you only have a few weeks to respond to your other school you could email BC asking them when you will hear or you could ask SSU for an extension. Some schools are really great with the extensions, I got one at NYU because their timeline was really quick and I was still waiting to hear from some schools! Good luck!!

Thank you!

8 hours ago, Amanda87 said:

Awesome congrats!! Wasn't that your #1?

Yes, but I did a cost breakdown and its basically financially impossible, even with the merit award and grant they offered. I've pretty much ruled it out already.

It's okay, though. I'm pretty happy to have even been accepted. Looks like I'll just keep waiting on that financial package from BC to come in the mail and I'll evaluate that option.

6 hours ago, HaleyWantstobeaTherapist said:

Yes, but I did a cost breakdown and its basically financially impossible, even with the merit award and grant they offered. I've pretty much ruled it out already.

It's okay, though. I'm pretty happy to have even been accepted. Looks like I'll just keep waiting on that financial package from BC to come in the mail and I'll evaluate that option.

Oh okay, I'm sorry to hear that! That's exactly how I feel about BC too, but BC does seem to give much more money than Smith. 

Well, I officially got my SSU acceptance letter today and only have 3 weeks to respond to them. I sent an email to BC asking if I could have an idea of when I might be notified. My application was complete on 11/30 and my last LOR came in 01/02. 

45 minutes ago, Amanda87 said:

Well, I officially got my SSU acceptance letter today and only have 3 weeks to respond to them. I sent an email to BC asking if I could have an idea of when I might be notified. My application was complete on 11/30 and my last LOR came in 01/02. 

I'm in the same boat.  I have 10 days to let UConn know my decision and send in my deposit, yet I'm still waiting for 3 schools to get back to me.  At this point, I think I'm going to have to send in the deposit, just in case.

15 hours ago, alisham said:

I'm in the same boat.  I have 10 days to let UConn know my decision and send in my deposit, yet I'm still waiting for 3 schools to get back to me.  At this point, I think I'm going to have to send in the deposit, just in case.

Yeah, I'll do that if I have to, but at this point it's probably going to be deciding on BC or SSU so I'll have less to manage at least. 

1 hour ago, Amanda87 said:

Congrats!! :)

You guys are making me so nervous ;) 

Thanks! Of course, this happened AFTER I sent in my deposit for UConn. What I'm really waiting for is the financial aid package for BC. That will really tell me whether or not I'm going there, so I'm still keeping my option for UConn open.

Hopefully, you'll hear soon!

I'm going to call BC today at my lunchtime to try to see when I might find out my decision. Tomorrow will make it so I only have two weeks to reply to SSU, but I assume it'll take at least a week for any award notice to come in the mail. Hopefully they can let me know when I can expect a decision so I can ask SSU for an extension if I have to, but I really hope I won't have to.