4 hours ago, HaleyWantstobeaTherapist said:

It was exactly a week for me!

Okay! Do you live in the area? I live on BC's campus so I'm hoping it only takes a few days considering 

Congrats to everyone who has heard back from their schools! I'm still waiting for a response after some serious delays due to transcript misfilings :/ BC is my top choice and I'm growing anxious. Did anyone here apply to BC part time and hear back?

Positive thoughts/vibes appreciated:)

On 3/8/2017 at 2:09 PM, msakaezoua said:

Anyone hear from BU yet?

I got an email Tuesday (the 7th) that said I should expect a decision by the middle of this month. And I submitted my app Feb. 15th.

3 hours ago, taracot said:

BC gave me a scholarship! I'm officially going next year! I can't wait!

Congratulations! How soon after getting your email acceptance did you hear about it?

30 minutes ago, Rose2017 said:

Congratulations! How soon after getting your email acceptance did you hear about it?

I was on vacation since Saturday and just got back, so I don't know exactly when it came in. 

Does anyone know if submitting BC's graduate financial aid application affects your scholarship amount at all? I filled out my FAFSA before applying but haven't sent in BC's own application in yet. I will do that tomorrow. 

Edited by taracot

On 2/22/2017 at 7:24 PM, HaleyWantstobeaTherapist said:

I emailed he dean of admissions explaining that I had gotten higher scholarship amounts from other schools, but Boston college is my first choice and I am not financially equipped to pay that much in tuition. Then I simply asked if I could possible be reconsidered for a higher scholarship amount

Hey, I wanted to ask you: how long did it take for the dean to respond to your email about reconsidering the scholarship? I actually emailed him a few days ago because Michigan raised my scholarship amount and I wanted to see if BC could possibly match it. Only problem is that I have to accept/deny Michigan's scholarship by the 15th, and I don't know if he'll have time to reply by then. How long did you have to wait? 

15 hours ago, taracot said:

Does anyone know if submitting BC's graduate financial aid application affects your scholarship amount at all? I filled out my FAFSA before applying but haven't sent in BC's own application in yet. I will do that tomorrow. 

I don't think it does since you get the scholarship from the school of social work & not from the financial aid office. I know the scholarship amount is taken into account when they're considering financial aid. And you still have time to hand in your grad school financial aid form since the deadline is April 18th.

2 hours ago, alisham said:

I don't think it does since you get the scholarship from the school of social work & not from the financial aid office. I know the scholarship amount is taken into account when they're considering financial aid. And you still have time to hand in your grad school financial aid form since the deadline is April 18th.

Thank you!

On 3/13/2017 at 4:26 AM, hanndema said:

Hey, I wanted to ask you: how long did it take for the dean to respond to your email about reconsidering the scholarship? I actually emailed him a few days ago because Michigan raised my scholarship amount and I wanted to see if BC could possibly match it. Only problem is that I have to accept/deny Michigan's scholarship by the 15th, and I don't know if he'll have time to reply by then. How long did you have to wait? 

It took him over a week and a half. Long enough that I had pretty much completely lost hope about getting a response haha. 

On 3/13/2017 at 10:04 AM, alisham said:

Is the financial aid form online? I looked and it was the one for the previous year. Do I just mail it in to them?

13 minutes ago, HaleyWantstobeaTherapist said:

Is the financial aid form online? I looked and it was the one for the previous year. Do I just mail it in to them?

http://www.bc.edu/offices/stserv/financial/finaid/grad/grad_forms.html

Yeah, you just mail it to them. I mailed mine in last week, but I'm still waiting for them to process it and upload it as received.

Hey guys! I sent in my deposit to Boston College and will definitely be attending in the fall.  I'm really excited because I love the program and I've started applying for assistantships. Has anyone started looking at housing? Specifically where can we find roommates? 

I was just accepted at BC!!! Found out via email today, even though when I called last week they said they had mailed out my decision. I'm waiting to hear back on financial aid, but almost certainly will be attending their macro program. Yay!!!