Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey y'all! Just got my acceptance letter from Boston College  So far, their scholarship is the best I've been offered (also applied to Michigan and Denver). Very much considering Boston now, especiall

Hi guys I have been checking this group and looking through posts for a while I heard from BC today and I applied on December 6th, and everything was in except for my official transcript which was rec

I was accepted to Boston College yesterday! Applied 12/28. Good luck everyone!

Hey guys! I got a really generous merit scholarship from Wheelock College last night in the mail. I don't think it's enough to make it cost less than SSU though. Still, it feels really great to know a school thinks highly of my application! I'm still waiting to hear anything from BC, they haven't even called me back from the admissions office :/.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! My name is Tara and I'm a current BC student who applied to Simmons and is waiting to hear back, and is about to apply to BC. I'm from NY and got into Fordham today (with minimal aid) and am waiting to hear back from Hunter.

I'm worried that I'm applying to BC too late, even though the deadline is March 1st and it's not rolling admissions. Since I'm coming right out of undergrad, I really can't afford BC or Simmons without a scholarship.

Congrats to everyone in this thread! :)

-Tara

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, taracot said:

Hi everyone! My name is Tara and I'm a current BC student who applied to Simmons and is waiting to hear back, and is about to apply to BC. I'm from NY and got into Fordham today (with minimal aid) and am waiting to hear back from Hunter.

I'm worried that I'm applying to BC too late, even though the deadline is March 1st and it's not rolling admissions. Since I'm coming right out of undergrad, I really can't afford BC or Simmons without a scholarship.

Congrats to everyone in this thread! :)

-Tara

Good luck with everything!! Let us know how it goes. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, taracot said:

Hi everyone! My name is Tara and I'm a current BC student who applied to Simmons and is waiting to hear back, and is about to apply to BC. I'm from NY and got into Fordham today (with minimal aid) and am waiting to hear back from Hunter.

I'm worried that I'm applying to BC too late, even though the deadline is March 1st and it's not rolling admissions. Since I'm coming right out of undergrad, I really can't afford BC or Simmons without a scholarship.

Congrats to everyone in this thread! :)

-Tara

When it comes to the social work program, I have to say that BC tends to give out higher amount scholarships than other private grad schools (or at least when it comes to this thread). They offered me a scholarship that would make their school cheaper than my in-state school (assuming my in-state school only offers me loans and not the grants that they sometimes give out), so I would definitely apply there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alisham said:

When it comes to the social work program, I have to say that BC tends to give out higher amount scholarships than other private grad schools (or at least when it comes to this thread). They offered me a scholarship that would make their school cheaper than my in-state school (assuming my in-state school only offers me loans and not the grants that they sometimes give out), so I would definitely apply there.

That makes me feel hopeful! I just applied around half an hour ago. Hoping to hear back in a month or so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. I'm really starting to think about just going ahead and accepting SSU, even though I haven't heard back from BC. They didn't even bother to return my phone call after I left a message the other day. I'm just thinking that no matter what they offer me, SSU is going to be cheaper. I've made lists of pros/cons/other considerations and for me to even keep considering BC I'd need to get a really large scholarship offer. Even still, if that were offered, I would still be really considering SSU. I'm going to have coffee/tea with one of my references/someone who has a background in social work later today so talking things out with him will be very helpful. I think my last day I should send in my acceptance to SSU is next Wednesday, to allow time for the mail to get there by 02/28. As always, any thoughts are appreciated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amanda87 said:

Thanks everyone!! Now I only have about a week to make a final decision...but I will celebrate tonight. Tomorrow I can start worrying again about the decision! :D

Sounds like a solid plan! haha. congrats again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got into Simmons, but I was accepted into the part-time program. They told me I was not offered admission for the full-time program (even though that's what I applied for).

Simmons wasn't my top choice anyway (too expensive, and I'd have to pay for room & board), but I'm a little bummed and am worried I won't get into the other schools I want.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to go to Salem State!! I haven't even gotten the financial info from BC, but I decided it's where I really want to be. I think I'll have more opportunities in a smaller sized program vs a larger program with a lot more competition. I'm so happy. I hope you all get to decide soon too!

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Amanda87 said:

I decided to go to Salem State!! I haven't even gotten the financial info from BC, but I decided it's where I really want to be. I think I'll have more opportunities in a smaller sized program vs a larger program with a lot more competition. I'm so happy. I hope you all get to decide soon too!

Congrats on your decision, Amanda! I'm sure it feels incredibly freeing to have finally made the decision of where you're going to school.  I, unfortunately, am still deciding and will be until UConn gives me financial aid info.  But I'm about 70-30 in favor of Boston College at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Amanda87 said:

I decided to go to Salem State!! I haven't even gotten the financial info from BC, but I decided it's where I really want to be. I think I'll have more opportunities in a smaller sized program vs a larger program with a lot more competition. I'm so happy. I hope you all get to decide soon too!

Congratulations!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2017 at 5:06 PM, alisham said:

Congrats on your decision, Amanda! I'm sure it feels incredibly freeing to have finally made the decision of where you're going to school.  I, unfortunately, am still deciding and will be until UConn gives me financial aid info.  But I'm about 70-30 in favor of Boston College at the moment.

Thank you! It feels really awesome. Hopefully it'll just be another week or two so you can decide. 

 

23 hours ago, taracot said:

Congratulations!

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question for those who applied to BC: When did you get an email from the school of social work that your application was confirmed? I sent mine in on 2/15, I checked my application again yesterday to make sure my final recommender submitted her letter, and I accidentally submitted it again and got another email from embark saying it was submitted. How long should I wait for the email to come? It said it could take a few business days because it's a busy time.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, taracot said:

I have a question for those who applied to BC: When did you get an email from the school of social work that your application was confirmed? I sent mine in on 2/15, I checked my application again yesterday to make sure my final recommender submitted her letter, and I accidentally submitted it again and got another email from embark saying it was submitted. How long should I wait for the email to come? It said it could take a few business days because it's a busy time.  

I think it took about 2 days for BC to send my agora portal log in. But I never received a confirmation email when all my stuff was in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, taracot said:

I have a question for those who applied to BC: When did you get an email from the school of social work that your application was confirmed? I sent mine in on 2/15, I checked my application again yesterday to make sure my final recommender submitted her letter, and I accidentally submitted it again and got another email from embark saying it was submitted. How long should I wait for the email to come? It said it could take a few business days because it's a busy time.  

I didn't get an email about my application being complete either. It drove me crazy. I wish agora would have had something (like a checklist) just so you can know that they received everything. I swear I checked my submitted documents like 5 separate times to make sure they were all there with the list on the admissions page for what they needed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.