Hunter College City of NY

12sliders

4 minutes ago, 12sliders said:

Yup!! ;) on Wednesday.

I think I'm causing my own anxiety lol. I got my BSW from a CUNY school and I can actually see the classes offered by Hunter through CUNYfirst. 

On 3/17/2017 at 4:24 PM, 12sliders said:

Just got the invite and scheduled my interview for next week! AHH.

Anyone who has interviewed- how did you calm your nerves before you went in? Did you find the other applicants to be friendly?

Is anyone else interviewing next week as well? If so when?

Hey! I'm very late to the game on this website but is seemed like we applied to a lot of the same schools! I applied to 3 in CA and 3 in NY, have you made any decisions yet? 

24 minutes ago, GraceB2017 said:

Hey! I'm very late to the game on this website but is seemed like we applied to a lot of the same schools! I applied to 3 in CA and 3 in NY, have you made any decisions yet? 

Hello! No decisions yet. Which CA schools did you apply to? Have you decided on anything? 

3 minutes ago, 12sliders said:

Hello! No decisions yet. Which CA schools did you apply to? Have you decided on anything? 

I haven't decided but I didn't get into UCLA or Berkeley, I got into Columbia,  and am still waiting to hear back from Hunter. So I'm hoping to have to decide between USC, Columbia and Hunter. USC gave me a pretty decent scholarship but I could live at home if I went to Columbia (and save a lot on rent) so I'm a little conflicted. 

43 minutes ago, 12sliders said:

Interview was good thanks for asking. I think I did in the ok- good range. 

I found the writing sample to be easy enough. I ended up writing 4 paragraphs. 

Im glad it went well, I hope you hear soon with good news.

4 hours ago, MSWnyc94 said:

How was your interview (12sliders and Gee)?!!

@MSWnyc94 it was mehhh :blink:

I am not sure how to explain it but I am not too confident about it. I did well during the questions but I messed up the writing part. Unless they take into consideration my verbal answers, my GPA, personal statement, and letters of recommendations then I have a great chance. But personally, I could have done better with the article she gave us but i don't know. Now it's time to wait for a decision.  

14 minutes ago, AdeMSW said:

Congrats everyone on your interview. I hope you all get into Hunter!!

Thank you AdeMSW! 

1 hour ago, Gee_ said:

@MSWnyc94 it was mehhh :blink:

I am not sure how to explain it but I am not too confident about it. I did well during the questions but I messed up the writing part. Unless they take into consideration my verbal answers, my GPA, personal statement, and letters of recommendations then I have a great chance. But personally, I could have done better with the article she gave us but i don't know. Now it's time to wait for a decision.  

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. I did horrible on the writing part like literally what I wrote made no sense.

You should be fine :)

36 minutes ago, MSWnyc94 said:

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. I did horrible on the writing part like literally what I wrote made no sense.

You should be fine :)

You just gave me hope. Because my response did not make sense at all. I wrote so that I wouldn't leave it open. Hopefully we get a response sooner than 2 weeks. 

14 hours ago, 12sliders said:

Interview was good thanks for asking. I think I did in the ok- good range. 

I found the writing sample to be easy enough. I ended up writing 4 paragraphs. 

Hello, 12sliders. I am very happy that you did well. Congratulations!!

What did they ask you on group interview?? Could you please let me know about it? :)

Also, what was about the article (writing) ?  

Edited by Isaiah1016

1 hour ago, Isaiah1016 said:

Hello, 12sliders. I am very happy that you did well. Congratulations!!

What did they ask you on group interview?? Could you please let me know about it? :)

Also, what was about the article (writing) ?  

Hey thanks! In the group interview they asked us what inspired us to go to school for social work. They also asked us about self awareness / self care. They asked what method we would be pursuing. They also asked about a hypothetical situation. The writing portion was you read an article and respond to the writing prompt. 

Did anyone get accepted to Hunter but haven't had their commitment fee processed yet? I confirmed that my commitment form and payment was received before my deadline. But now my deadline is way overdue (3 weeks in fact!) and I don't want sound too aggressive calling and following up with admissions consistently. :(

As for the interview, there were 8 of us and we all introduced ourselves and what experience we have/had. They asked us to define a vulnerable population and to give 2 examples, gave a hypothetical situation related to self awareness, asked us to name a population we're not comfortable in working with, and of course why Hunter.

Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, MSW91 said:

Did anyone get accepted to Hunter but haven't had their commitment fee processed yet? I confirmed that my commitment form and payment was received before my deadline. But now my deadline is way overdue (3 weeks in fact!) and I don't want sound too aggressive calling and following up with admissions consistently. :(

As for the interview, there were 8 of us and we all introduced ourselves and what experience we have/had. They asked us to define a vulnerable population and to give 2 examples, gave a hypothetical situation related to self awareness, asked us to name a population we're not comfortable in working with, and of course why Hunter.

Hope this helps!

Congrats On your acceptance! When was your interview? 

On ‎2017‎년 ‎3‎월 ‎23‎일 at 10:36 AM, 12sliders said:

Hey thanks! In the group interview they asked us what inspired us to go to school for social work. They also asked us about self awareness / self care. They asked what method we would be pursuing. They also asked about a hypothetical situation. The writing portion was you read an article and respond to the writing prompt. 

Thank you for your response.

I would like to know more about self awareness and selfcare. Could you please explain it specifically?  

5 minutes ago, Isaiah1016 said:

Thank you for your response.

I would like to know more about self awareness and selfcare. Could you please explain it specifically?  

Sure! Basically for self awareness/self care they asked how we would practice self care as we were serving our clients in different populations. What we would do for ourselves to make sure we don't burn out.

Hello fellow applicants! I'm here to give you all a little bit of hope. On a previous post I stated I messed up (or so I thought) the writing part of the interview. Long story short, I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't get an email I just happened to check my portal around midnight.