Hunter College City of NY

12sliders

1 hour ago, Empress said:

Lolol, much to be considered it seems. You have a few weeks to decide, no? When is the deposit for stony due? 

There's no deposit required for stony brook. 

6 hours ago, Gee_ said:

There's no deposit required for stony brook. 

Awesome! Then there you have it, lol.

Do you plan on starting in June, July or September?

I'm debating this myself. Going to reach out to their office today. 

5 hours ago, Empress said:

Awesome! Then there you have it, lol.

Do you plan on starting in June, July or September?

I'm debating this myself. Going to reach out to their office today. 

I would like to start in July or September. What about you?

My application changed to Pending Interview 5 days ago and still waiting for the email.  I spoke with someone who said the email will go out once new interview dates are released.  I am out of state but would like to do an in person interview so I will need to make arrangements with my internship, classes as well as make travel plans.  I am a little nervous as I have an April 22nd deadline (extended from the 15th) which I am told can not be extended.

Has anyone here done a Skype interview?  

Edited by NYCMSW

11 minutes ago, Empress said:

Im thinking a June/July start. 

That quick start is definitely beneficial. We definitely need it for advanced standing. 

Hello beautiful people! Im super late to this thread but my group interview is scheduled this Saturday. I am super nervous. So good vibes and positive energy sent my way would be very much appreciated!!!!

9 minutes ago, Cestla_vie said:

Hello beautiful people! Im super late to this thread but my group interview is scheduled this Saturday. I am super nervous. So good vibes and positive energy sent my way would be very much appreciated!!!!

You got this! Get your fav beverage (tea, coffee, or water), get breakfast, and listened to your fav playlist. Be yourself and remain acccalm when answering questions. As others have stated, the interview is conversational. Best of luck. And remember, this is a step closer & an interview means you've a great chance at being admitted. Let us know, how it goes. 

Good morning fellow applicants, 

For those who got accepted to the advanced standing program, did you receive the official acceptance package yet?

1 hour ago, Cestla_vie said:

Good luck!!  When did you schedule your interview?  I'm still waiting for the email after my status changed to Pending Interview on March 25th.  I'm getting anxious since I have a mid-April deadline with another school.

1 hour ago, Gee_ said:

You got this! Get your fav beverage (tea, coffee, or water), get breakfast, and listened to your fav playlist. Be yourself and remain acccalm when answering questions. As others have stated, the interview is conversational. Best of luck. And remember, this is a step closer & an interview means you've a great chance at being admitted. Let us know, how it goes. 

thank you thank you!! I definitely will heed to that. 

24 minutes ago, NYCMSW said:

Good luck!!  When did you schedule your interview?  I'm still waiting for the email after my status changed to Pending Interview on March 25th.  I'm getting anxious since I have a mid-April deadline with another school.

Thank you! I received the email friday 3/31. I believe that I saw my status change on the application a week or two before I received the email. I hope they get back to you soon! What other school are you awaiting if I may ask

I just received an email saying I was accepted? But I never went on an interview ? What does this mean, I thought the interview was a requirement before you could be accepted? I am so confused lol 

Edited by Bella429

11 minutes ago, Bella429 said:

I just received an email saying I was accepted? But I never went on an interview ? What does this mean, I thought the interview was a requirement before you could be accepted? I am so confused lol 

Congratulations!!!! Some students could be accepted without an interview. For example, apparently I was accepted on March 20th, but still went on an interview on March 22nd. Got to love Hunter lol. Once again, congratulations. Which track are you doing ?

Hey everyone :) I was accepted 4/3 and did my interview on 3/29 for the Community Organizing, Planning, & Development method. Does anyone know when the scholarship application will open up? The info on the website is outdated and says scholarship apps were due Nov 11th, 2016 

22 minutes ago, mswh0peful said:

Hey everyone :) I was accepted 4/3 and did my interview on 3/29 for the Community Organizing, Planning, & Development method. Does anyone know when the scholarship application will open up? The info on the website is outdated and says scholarship apps were due Nov 11th, 2016 

Congratulations on your acceptance!