Hunter College City of NY

12sliders

16 hours ago, NYCMSW said:

I have still not gotten any update from Hunter since my status changed almost 4 weeks ago to Pending Interview.  I have called and emailed. Even after finally getting someone to speak to with promises that they would look into why I have not received an email to schedule an interview I received no follow up.  It has come down to what is more valuable the in-state tuition or my self worth.  I am also concerned how they treat their students once they are in the program.  Is it the same as how they treat their prospective students?  I have a big decision to make in the next week because of other deadlines.

I know how you feel! It's been two weeks since my interview and I still heard nothing back. I've sent emails and left messages, but no one has gotten back to me. I was expecting to hear back within two weeks, like I was told, but my profile still says "being reviewed ". I already had to pay an acceptances fee for another school just to hold my spot while I'm still waiting to hear back from Hunter. I know that the school is on Spring Break, but they're still having interviews this week also.

On 4/11/2017 at 0:46 PM, Cestla_vie said:

Hey all! I just received an emailed stating I was accepted!!! I had my interview 4/8 and found out today. I haven't heard back from Lehman College but hunter has such a great rep for their MSW program so more than likely I will be attending there. Anyone else on the 2 year clinical track ?

Hey, Congrats!! I also got accepted to hunter for the 2 year clinical track & I'm currently deciding between this school and Fordham, any advice?! 

On 4/11/2017 at 0:46 PM, Cestla_vie said:

Hey all! I just received an emailed stating I was accepted!!! I had my interview 4/8 and found out today. I haven't heard back from Lehman College but hunter has such a great rep for their MSW program so more than likely I will be attending there. Anyone else on the 2 year clinical track ?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm still waiting?  "Being reviewed"

On 4/11/2017 at 9:29 AM, basket_cass said:

Hey everyone!

I had my interview at Hunter on March 30th and I'm still waiting to hear back if I got accepted or not. How long did it take for you all to hear back? I've been checking my online application everyday and it still says "being reviewed" ?

Hey Basket_cass, I'm in the same boat. Interviewed on 4/8 and portal says "being reviewed". Not sure what the delay means. Have you heard anything?

1 hour ago, BNBprayerful said:

Hey Basket_cass, I'm in the same boat. Interviewed on 4/8 and portal says "being reviewed". Not sure what the delay means. Have you heard anything?

Nope, nothing yet. I think Hunter is still on Spring break 

Thank you Bastet

1 hour ago, basket_cass said:

Nope, nothing yet. I think Hunter is still on Spring break 

Thank you basket_cass.  I'm searching for whether the rejeected applicants also remained in the "being reviewed" phase until receiving the final rejection.  Can't find anything?  

On 4/11/2017 at 1:38 PM, BuffaloGirl said:

Congrats on your acceptance!! I had my interview on 4/6 and am waiting to hear back. I also applied for the 2 year clinical track, hoping for an email soon! 

Have you heard anything yet? I interviewed on 4/8 and patiently waiting. Also applied for the 2 year clinical track 

On 04/06/2017 at 1:07 PM, Gee_ said:

Try calling Juan Santiago. He checks your place in the process. Meaning that he can tell you when you might heard from Hunter. It worked for me.

Hi Gee_

Getting anxious again:(  Do you have a contact number for Juan Santiago?

Do you suggest calling to find out the status... seems like I'm stuck on "being reviewed"

On 04/11/2017 at 1:38 PM, BuffaloGirl said:

Congrats on your acceptance!! I had my interview on 4/6 and am waiting to hear back. I also applied for the 2 year clinical track, hoping for an email soon! 

Hi BuffaloGirl,

Have you heard anything? I'm still waiting

1 hour ago, BNBprayerful said:

Hi Gee_

Getting anxious again:(  Do you have a contact number for Juan Santiago?

Do you suggest calling to find out the status... seems like I'm stuck on "being reviewed"

I called him at (212) 396-7629 and he's the one who answers all of my questions. Go ahead and give it a try by calling him. 

Pre orientation dates have been sent out so it surprises me that Hunter still got students who haven't heard anything. Are you checking your junk/spam inbox? 

23 minutes ago, NYCMSW said:

For all those who have interviewed and/or been accepted.  What track are you going for?

Clinical track with individuals, families, and groups. 

17 minutes ago, BNBprayerful said:

I checked the portal, still says "being reviewed". :(  Called and he said there's over 1700 applicants and advised me to be patient. He didn't ask my name.

1,700??? Oh my! This waiting game is overwhelming  

@NYCMSW They had 5 dates to choose from. The late evening session (6-8 PM) got filled up quickly. I assume it's because most people work full time, and the other available interview dates had mid-day times (2-5 PM).

7 hours ago, BNBprayerful said:

Hi BuffaloGirl,

Have you heard anything? I'm still waiting

BNBprayerful, 

No, unfortunately I'm still waiting too. My status changed from Skype interview to being reviewed yesterday. This waiting game is rough.

22 hours ago, BNBprayerful said:

I checked the portal, still says "being reviewed". :(  Called and he said there's over 1700 applicants and advised me to be patient. He didn't ask my name.

BNBprayerful, 

I just got an email from Hunter saying my final decision is available online, and I'm accepted! Hope you get a decision soon too! :)

2 minutes ago, BuffaloGirl said:

BNBprayerful, 

I just got an email from Hunter saying my final decision is available online, and I'm accepted! Hope you get a decision soon too! :)

OMG I'm so happy for you! You gave me hope!! Will keep me posted

5 minutes ago, basket_cass said:

I'm really surprise I haven't heard anything yet, especially since my interview was on March 30th ?

@basket_cass Perhaps its related to the date that the application was submitted/completed. Mines was 2/24