Rejection Thread

hector549

24 minutes ago, axiomness said:

Image result for hahahaha not funny gif

I'm glad you are taking it well. This is the second time I'm on Purdue's waitlist, and I may find out last minute (11th hour) in all likelihood that I will be rejected.

I imagine it's even more frustrating to apply 3 times and strike out all three. How many apps does SLU get? If they get 100 apps for 3 spots, that's terrible odds given their ranking.

Edited by Duns Eith

8 hours ago, Duns Eith said:

I'm glad you are taking it well. This is the second time I'm on Purdue's waitlist, and I may find out last minute (11th hour) in all likelihood that I will be rejected.

I imagine it's even more frustrating to apply 3 times and strike out all three. How many apps does SLU get? If they get 100 apps for 3 spots, that's terrible odds given their ranking.

Ah, wow. Hang in there. I met a handful of admits last Monday when they were here visiting, so you might see some movement soon.

It is quite stymying, especially since I know like 75% of the students in their program already, and clearly fit well with their department. For the three years I have applied they've had 90-100 applications, so you're right about the competitiveness. I don't think the rankings rank SLU well, though. They have an incredible placement record compared to other programs in their "tier". 

3 hours ago, Kingoftherats said:

Would you mind sharing how you found out?

After trying to call and email the graduate program coordinator without success, I called the department. They had me email the graduate advisor who informed me of my status.

1 hour ago, hector549 said:

After trying to call and email the graduate program coordinator without success, I called the department. They had me email the graduate advisor who informed me of my status.

Wow, that's pretty bad. Sorry to hear that you didn't get in, but thanks for sharing. I've also emailed multiple times without success, but I think I'll just go ahead and leave it.

18 hours ago, Dialectica said:

Likely. But, I'm still waiting to hear back from Riverside and Austin. They've both simply said that I need to wait. 

Did anything come of those wait lists for you?