Acceptance Thread

Duns Eith

2 minutes ago, Swann said:

Congrats !!

did you just receive an email ? Or was it earlier in the day?

Thank you!! I received it at 2:45PM EST. It was one of those "The status of your application has been updated" type emails.

Edited by necessaryandsufficient

50 minutes ago, JurisPrudence said:

Best of luck to you!

Thank you! And to you as well. I am not hopeful  t be honest because according to gradcafe results from previous years most(if not all) acceptances were sent out in one day. Rejections were sent in following days. :/

20 minutes ago, Coconuts&Chloroform said:

In at Rutgers! Received a phone call from Martin Lin. 30,000 + 10,000 research fellowship for five years.

Congrats!

Would could top this? NYU?

1 hour ago, Coconuts&Chloroform said:

In at Rutgers! Received a phone call from Martin Lin. 30,000 + 10,000 research fellowship for five years.

Congrats! Judging from the small list of top schools that you applied to, you must have been very confident about your application file. ^_^

Edited by To φ or not to φ

3 hours ago, Coconuts&Chloroform said:

Ha - hopefully that's exactly what they do!

It just goes to show: you can get into PGR top 3 schools from an unranked undergrad.

With respect, I doubt anyone's ever claimed that you can't get into top programs from an, as you call it, "unranked" (not sure what you mean by that - PGR unranked or  something else) undergrad - just that it's quite unlikely. And a school's being PGR unranked doesn't necessarily say anything about its overall prestige - see, for example, Dartmouth, Williams College, Swarthmore, and so on. They are rather prestigious schools, yet they're not PGR ranked. Since you never introduced yourself to the forum and haven't really posted any personal information thus far, one can only speculate, but my suspicion is that you're not coming from a school as unprestigious as the ones from which other unsuccessful applicants have originated and may (for whatever reason) have strong reasons to believe your dossier is unusually strong (a 170 V can't hurt, but perhaps there's something else that's good about your dossier you'd rather not mention for anonymity's sake, like a double major in neuroscience or something). I would certainly be interested in knowing at least a rough sense of the ranking (e.g. "it's in the 80-90 range of US News' national rankings") of the school to which you went for undergrad. Congratulations on your success, but I would certainly be skeptical of your n=1 meaning much without more information about your background.

Edited by 753982