Acceptance Thread

Duns Eith

2 hours ago, hector549 said:

UC Davis just offered me admission to their PhD program! Very unexpected, since they told me one day ago that I was rejected..

Geeze! Nice!!! Congrats!

4 hours ago, Litgenstein said:

I'm second on the waitlist for funding at my top school, but might not know if I'll receive the funding until after the 15th. So, I'm not sure whether to accept the offer from my second choice. Does anyone know how to go about handling this? 

Does your top choice school know that you have another offer? If not, I would tell them. They should understand that you need to make a decision and do their best to give you as much information as they can as quickly as they can. If they don't, that ought to be valuable information in making your choice.

7 hours ago, MentalEngineer said:

Does your top choice school know that you have another offer? If not, I would tell them. They should understand that you need to make a decision and do their best to give you as much information as they can as quickly as they can. If they don't, that ought to be valuable information in making your choice.

They've been good with giving frequent updates, but I assume they have to wait until those with funded offers accept/decline (or until the deadline passes)? That's why I'm a bit confused as to what to do

Just got accepted off the waitlist at the University of Oklahoma yesterday! It seems like most people are done, but I'm just getting started haha. University of Utah is still working through their lists for instance. 

But the Oklahoma offer is funded with the normal benefits so I'm beyond excited! 

I visited Oklahoma, and really liked it! The people there are incredibly nice. I also grew up in that area, so feel free to PM me if you have questions about lifestyle and cost of living!

1 hour ago, Electric Anxiety said:

Just got accepted off the waitlist at the University of Oklahoma yesterday! It seems like most people are done, but I'm just getting started haha. University of Utah is still working through their lists for instance. 

But the Oklahoma offer is funded with the normal benefits so I'm beyond excited! 

Congrats! I may know the person who turned down the spot you got into. Are you taking Oklahoma's offer?

@Nichi Thank you!!

@woolfianThese words really relieve some anxiety, so thank you for sharing your thought so. I will most definitely pm you in a few days as I have tons of questions. It would mean the world to me to have someone to give me advice. Thank you for offering to help! 

@Duns EithThank you, and thank the person you know for me haha! I am 99.8% sure I am taking the offer, and very soon. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not for a Philosophy PhD program, but I've seen someone accepted by a school as late as a month before the start date.

10 hours ago, Nichi said:

Not for a Philosophy PhD program, but I've seen someone accepted by a school as late as a month before the start date.

Not for philosophy either, but my daughter got admitted to a political science program 2 days before classes started.

• 2 weeks later...