Fall 2017 - Master of Health Informatics University of Toronto

CoffeeAddict

On 3/2/2017 at 6:29 PM, bananacad said:

Hi!

I am new to this forum. I also just had an interview with U of T MHI. What did you guys think of the interview? I am worried that I didn't respond to the some of the questions as well as I could have. 

Hey bananacad, would you be able to tell me what kind of questions you were asked? i'm worried I may not do well either because I get really nervous :(

4 hours ago, Curlygirl123 said:

Hey everyone, what kind of questions were you guys asked during the MHI interview? I've prepared behavioural answers, but I tend to choke if I'm nervous. I could be super prepared but my nerves always get to me. Can someone tell me the specific questions they were asked? 

Hey, the questions were just typical behaviour interview questions, like "describe a challenge you've had, why this program, tell me about yourself", don't be nervous, treat it like an opportunity to meet the professors!

9 hours ago, catman14 said:

Has anyone heard anything new? Curlygirl, how was the interview?

I'm still "waiting it out"..havn't heard anything from uoft or mcmasters. Hopefully we get some news soon!

Hey Catman, the interview went really well. I guess I prepared myself as much as possible so I wasn't too nervous. I only applied to UofT so I'm not sure about McM. 

I read from last year's thread that the interview process is just a formality and that if we're being interviewed, we're most likely in. Do you think that still stands?

I think we should get an email at least by the end of this month. So I'm still "Waiting it out" as well. Hate waiting though!

Good to hear about the interview. I was at the webinar in November for uoft and Julia said that there is like 175 applicants, they interview 75 and like 35 get in...That's why the wait makes me nervous..Hopefully everything goes well!

Any reason you chose to apply for uoft only and not McM also?

3 hours ago, catman14 said:

Good to hear about the interview. I was at the webinar in November for uoft and Julia said that there is like 175 applicants, they interview 75 and like 35 get in...That's why the wait makes me nervous..Hopefully everything goes well!

Any reason you chose to apply for uoft only and not McM also?

Yeah, apparently they had almost 200, but have only 37 spots. The wait is making me nervous as well, but I hope we hear from them soon!

Tbh I want to work outside of Canada, and based on my research UofT is much more recognized internationally compared to McM.

16 months is better than 18 months too 

I also heard that UofT students get better coop placements, but i'm not sure about that one.

Has anyone else besides me also applied to McMasters MSc ehealth program?

I just got an update from Iris saying that they're finishing up interviews and will be deciding on candidates next week!

Hopefully I hear some good news, but I'm also going to be waiting to hear from UofT before I make my decision.

I have applied to both U of T and McMaster. Haven't heard anything from  U of T yet, but I received an email from McMaster yesterday (about 2 weeks after my interview) stating that they were unable to offer me a place in the eHealth program at this time. I hope this means I'm waitlisted at least and not just a rejection haha.

Received a rejection from UofT. C. University of London has offered me a place. I am glad UofT let me know of my rejection early enough for me to start planning my new life in London.

All the best gang. May each of your dreams come true.

Edited by trying

4 hours ago, trying said:

Received a rejection from UofT. C. University of London has offered me a place. I am glad UofT let me know of my rejection early enough for me to start planning my new life in London.

All the best gang. May each of your dreams come true.

Sorry to hear about the rejection from uoft.. Did you receive the news through post or email? Best of luck in London.

I've applied to uoft for mhi and mcmaster for ehealth as well. Gpa approx 3.74-3.8. I had an interview at mcmaster about 2 weeks ago and still havent heard back. Although i havent heard anything at all from uoft so getting really anxious now. 

On 3/10/2017 at 0:30 AM, catman14 said:

Sorry to hear about the rejection from uoft.. Did you receive the news through post or email? Best of luck in London.

E mail. 

On 12/03/2017 at 4:23 AM, trying said:

E mail. 

All the best in London! 

Is anyone else getting anxious awaiting the decisions? Acceptance/rejection decisions were out last year around by 3rd week of March I think. :o

Edited by jql

9 hours ago, catman14 said:

I got an email from uoft yesterday that I'm in! The offer email will be coming in the mail (hopefully soon)! I'm almost sure I will be accepting uoft but will wait on McM! .

Hey Catman! Approximately what time did you receive the email? I'm still waiting on an email unfortunately - starting to worry!

1 hour ago, Curlygirl123 said:

Hey Catman! Approximately what time did you receive the email? I'm still waiting on an email unfortunately - starting to worry!

Sometime in the early afternoon. Check SGS, My status changed to 'decision made'. Offer letter should be coming in a few weeks!

Very happy about uoft since it's my first choice!

Edited by catman14

On 14/03/2017 at 2:26 AM, catman14 said:

I got an email from uoft yesterday that I'm in! The offer email will be coming in the mail (hopefully soon)! I'm almost sure I will be accepting uoft but will wait on McM! .

Congrats on getting in!  How long after your interview was this acceptance email sent?  I had my interview earlier this morning and i thought I had to wait for the mail acceptance.  I wonder if they will email me soon?

8 minutes ago, anoopkd said:

Congrats on getting in!  How long after your interview was this acceptance email sent?  I had my interview earlier this morning and i thought I had to wait for the mail acceptance.  I wonder if they will email me soon?

My interview was in the 3rd week of February and I got the informal acceptance e-mail 2 days ago. My status on SGS changed to 'decision made'. Now I'm  waiting on the official letter in the mail!

I applied for the course based stream, not executive.

Has anyone heard back from McMaster? I'm still waiting to hear back (Iris said this week). Not worried about it though since I'm going to be choosing UofT!

Edited by catman14

Hi

I hv applied this yr for Mcmaster MSc eHealth program. My interview was on 22nd February and almost after 3 days I received email from Iris regarding passing my interview and she told that they are sending my file to Grad dept for final offer which will come to me after 10 business days. Still I haven't received my final offer. Anyone else in the same boat?

1 hour ago, Sidsak said:

Hi

I hv applied this yr for Mcmaster MSc eHealth program. My interview was on 22nd February and almost after 3 days I received email from Iris regarding passing my interview and she told that they are sending my file to Grad dept for final offer which will come to me after 10 business days. Still I haven't received my final offer. Anyone else in the same boat?

Congrats! Iris told me they're still interviewing candidates this week and will be making a decision shortly. From reading the last years thread it looks like McMaster's takes its time sending out the offer letters. Check in Mosaic once in a while.

2 hours ago, catman14 said:

Congrats! Iris told me they're still interviewing candidates this week and will be making a decision shortly. From reading the last years thread it looks like McMaster's takes its time sending out the offer letters. Check in Mosaic once in a while.

Thanks

Yes checking everyday. Fingers crossed

Congrats to u too for uoft acceptance?