Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, 

Thought I would make a group for those applying to Master of Health Informatics at University of Toronto for Fall 2017. Perhaps we can keep each other updated regarding interviews, acceptances, etc. Other health informatics programs at other universities are welcome too!

Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Received a rejection from UofT. C. University of London has offered me a place. I am glad UofT let me know of my rejection early enough for me to start planning my new life in London.   All th

I got an email from uoft yesterday that I'm in! The offer email will be coming in the mail (hopefully soon)! I'm almost sure I will be accepting uoft but will wait on McM! .

Hey everyone, I just got my acceptance email I hope everyone heard some good news today too!

I'm an international student. Haven't heard back from UoT yet..though i feel my chances are almost null. So far I got accepted at Dalhousie and I got a skype interview for mcmaster ehealth on the 24th of february.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I got accepted at Dalhousie MHI. I just finished my Mcmaster Msc Ehealth interview, it was alright i guess... behavioral style where u describe how u handled a certain difficult situation or disagreement with team member, why ehealth, and what would you do to improve ur chances for job interview, and the final question which is tricky asks what would u choose if company B accepts you but company A which you like says yes later. Still haven't heard from UoT, although I have a feeling the chances r low. Lets hope for the best.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys! I have applied for the Masters program for U of T. Last year by this time interviews were in progress. I am yet to hear about anything from them!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-02-13 at 3:46 PM, trying said:

Hi Coffee Addict,

What you think are the chances for international students being admitted to MHI?

Hi! In their site it's mentioned that preference would be given for Canadian citizens and PR holders. I ve talked to one of the past students who says once the spaces are filled by Canadians and PRs then international students will be called. Sorry about that! I guess u have to wait it out! 

Have you applied for any other programs? Else u gotta wait my friend!

 

Edited by FFM
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-02-20 at 1:34 PM, kassemm2 said:

I'm an international student. Haven't heard back from UoT yet..though i feel my chances are almost null. So far I got accepted at Dalhousie and I got a skype interview for mcmaster ehealth on the 24th of february.

Congrats! You have some offers already!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2017 at 6:15 PM, FFM said:

Hi! In their site it's mentioned that preference would be given for Canadian citizens and PR holders. I ve talked to one of the past students who says once the spaces are filled by Canadians and PRs then international students will be called. Sorry about that! I guess u have to wait it out! 

Have you applied for any other programs? Else u gotta wait my friend!

 

I applied to the University of London two weeks ago. Today they sent me a letter of acceptance. If I am interested I gotta confirm within 28 days. I just wish I could be sure about UofT decision before I confirm Uni of London.

Grateful to God for this offer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, trying said:

I applied to the University of London two weeks ago. Today they sent me a letter of acceptance. If I am interested I gotta confirm within 28 days. I just wish I could be sure about UofT decision before I confirm Uni of London.

Grateful to God for this offer.

Thats cool! Congrats on University of London. Hope you get to know things from U of T before your deadline..

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bananacad said:

Hi!

I am new to this forum. I also just had an interview with U of T MHI. What did you guys think of the interview? I am worried that I didn't respond to the some of the questions as well as I could have. 

 

4 hours ago, catman14 said:

Had interviews with UofT and McM. Havn't heard back anything. After the interview Iris at McM said they'll send out information this week. Hopefully we find out soon! Anyone else heard anything?

Hey, unfortunately I still have not been called in for an interview, and I believe I will not get in due to my lack of work and volunteer experience even though my GPA in my last year is 88-90%. I was wondering if you guys could listen your background in respect to work experience, GPA, volunteering, etc., so I can see what my short-comings were so I may further improve on them. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bananacad said:

Hi!

I am new to this forum. I also just had an interview with U of T MHI. What did you guys think of the interview? I am worried that I didn't respond to the some of the questions as well as I could have. 

I thought it was a standard interview much like for a job with a lot more focus on behavioural questions. I think I talked too much and could have been unclear in some of my answers, but overall I think if you practised behaviour style questions it should be OK!

 

 

20 minutes ago, Runningblu3 said:

 

Hey, unfortunately I still have not been called in for an interview, and I believe I will not get in due to my lack of work and volunteer experience even though my GPA in my last year is 88-90%. I was wondering if you guys could listen your background in respect to work experience, GPA, volunteering, etc., so I can see what my short-comings were so I may further improve on them. Thanks

Check out last years MHI thread, lots of people had late interviews. I have a couple of years experience working in healthcare, some volunteer experience and I learn coding for side projects and generally for fun. My GPA overall was like 3.something and last 2 years was 3.7. I've heard some people were accepted during their last year at uni with no professional work experience too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, catman14 said:

Check out last years MHI thread, lots of people had late interviews. I have a couple of years experience working in healthcare, some volunteer experience and I learn coding for side projects and generally for fun. My GPA overall was like 3.something and last 2 years was 3.7. I've heard some people were accepted during their last year at uni with no professional work experience too.

I will check out the last years MHI thread. That's good to know, so hopefully I get lucky with late interview.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Runningblu3 said:

 

Hey, unfortunately I still have not been called in for an interview, and I believe I will not get in due to my lack of work and volunteer experience even though my GPA in my last year is 88-90%. I was wondering if you guys could listen your background in respect to work experience, GPA, volunteering, etc., so I can see what my short-comings were so I may further improve on them. Thanks

My gpa average is about 86% for the last 2 years.  However, I do have plenty of coding experience.  I am finishing up a dual degree in cs and neuroscience.  Work experience wise,  I've been working in a bioinfomatics lab for the past 3 years so I have a bit of hands on data analysis experience.  I also have pretty heavy research experience in the neuroscience field, with  several co-authorships. I don't have much working health care experience but I've been volunteering at the hospital and senior homes for the past 5 years. Hope that helps? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, catman14 said:

Had interviews with UofT and McM. Havn't heard back anything. After the interview Iris at McM said they'll send out information this week. Hopefully we find out soon! Anyone else heard anything?

Hi when did u have interviews and how did u get to know? was it by email? I was hopeful of getting an interview but have not heard anything so far!. checking mails on and off including the spam! really frustrating for now!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FFM said:

Hi when did u have interviews and how did u get to know? was it by email? I was hopeful of getting an interview but have not heard anything so far!. checking mails on and off including the spam! really frustrating for now!

uoft sent me an email in Feb with a date and time for the interview. Not sure how their interview priority works though, it could be random and they just interview people based on domestic/international students..who knows. I wouldn't write off the chance for a uoft interview just yet just because I've read some people have even had interviews in April! Maybe you could contact uoft mhi grad department and ask? I think thats what I would do in your case

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, catman14 said:

uoft sent me an email in Feb with a date and time for the interview. Not sure how their interview priority works though, it could be random and they just interview people based on domestic/international students..who knows. I wouldn't write off the chance for a uoft interview just yet just because I've read some people have even had interviews in April! Maybe you could contact uoft mhi grad department and ask? I think thats what I would do in your case

Ya. I hope so! I have sent them a mail just now! Nobody picked the call. I have a good gpa and a healthcare IT exp for about 4 yrs. Really wish I wouls get an interview even its a bit late. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, catman14 said:

uoft sent me an email in Feb with a date and time for the interview. Not sure how their interview priority works though, it could be random and they just interview people based on domestic/international students..who knows. I wouldn't write off the chance for a uoft interview just yet just because I've read some people have even had interviews in April! Maybe you could contact uoft mhi grad department and ask? I think thats what I would do in your case

Also, did the status change for u online when u got an invite for interview?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone, what kind of questions were you guys asked during the MHI interview? I've prepared behavioural answers, but I tend to choke if I'm nervous. I could be super prepared but my nerves always get to me. Can someone tell me the specific questions they were asked? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.