DrPH Fall 2017 Admission Decisions/Acceptance/Updates

Ibn Rushd

Hello all,

First of all, best of luck to everyone applying this cycle! Just wanted to start this to hear updates from everyone since it doesn't seem like it has already been started.

I have applied to the following (all DrPH);

University of Colorado - EOH

Georgia Southern - Leadership

Tufts - Public Health Generalist

University at Albany - EOH

University of Georgia - Public Health Generalist

University of Kentucky - Health Management and Policy

University of Pittsburg - EOH

University of Arkansas - Leadership

Heard back from two so far, no decision, though.

University of Georgia (UGA): (January 19th)
Supplementary Essay Request: “What leadership and management abilities do you hope to gain from the DrPH program to strengthen or reinforce the context of your work?” (Up to 500 words)

The Georgia Southern University: (January 25th)
"The Jiann Ping Hsu College of Public Health (JPHCOPH) has forwarded the recommended admission decision to the Georgia Southern University College of Graduate Studies." Whatever that means......

Best of luck to you, too! The only DrPH program I applied to was University of Kentucky in Epidemiology, and I received an acceptance on January 13. I submitted my application super early though (late October) because I wanted to put all my SOPHAS apps in at the same time. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2017 at 11:25 AM, DrPH Applicant said:

I have not applied to any of those. I got accepted to Georgia Southern and University of Kentucky, both DrPH, no funding from either. 

Best of luck to you!

Thanks. Congrats on your acceptances!

On 2/24/2017 at 11:11 AM, bark0142 said:

I applied to DrPH programs at Univ of South Florida and Johns Hopkins. Has anyone heard from either school?

Hi. I received an invitation to interview for the University of South Florida last Friday. My interview is scheduled for next week. 

I was interviewed for the Colorado DrPH CBH program  around mid February. They said they wouldn't have an answer until late March/early April. I've gotten into 3 programs so far and this is my first choice so its kinda annoying having to wait so long to be honest.

On 2/28/2017 at 3:27 PM, FutureDrPH said:

Hi. I received an invitation to interview for the University of South Florida last Friday. My interview is scheduled for next week. 

Congrats! I've still heard nothing from USF. I hope that doesn't mean they're not interested in me :(.

2 hours ago, bark0142 said:

Congrats! I've still heard nothing from USF. I hope that doesn't mean they're not interested in me :(.

You never know. I reached out to current USF DrPH students from previous cohorts and they did not require an interview for some. Keep hope alive :-) 

1 hour ago, FutureDrPH said:

You never know. I reached out to current USF DrPH students from previous cohorts and they did not require an interview for some. Keep hope alive :-) 

Thanks

My interview for USF was this morning and it went pretty well. I was paired with a professor who shares practice based experience similar to mine. The interview was more of a conversation. I provided background info on my career experience and then they provided background on theirs. I was asked 2 general questions:  "Why a DrPH? Why USF? I'm hoping that all goes well and I will hear from them soon. I hope the waiting game isn't too painful. 

8 hours ago, FutureDrPH said:

My interview for USF was this morning and it went pretty well. I was paired with a professor who shares practice based experience similar to mine. The interview was more of a conversation. I provided background info on my career experience and then they provided background on theirs. I was asked 2 general questions:  "Why a DrPH? Why USF? I'm hoping that all goes well and I will hear from them soon. I hope the waiting game isn't too painful. 

Thanks! Congratulations on your interview! Wish you all the best and I feel ya on that painful limbo of waiting! 

I also got interviews at Colorado and Albany but I'm more than likely going to Tufts. 

Again, best of luck! 

8 hours ago, FutureDrPH said:

Thanks for sharing your experience.

19 hours ago, Drph applicant112 said:

Bark0142.....I applied to USF and haven't heard back yet. I feel like I should be worried at this point too! I thought I had a strong application! 

I have now heard and I have a phone interview Friday. I think it takes people a while to sort through all the applications and decide who should interview you based on your background, interests, and expertise.