DrPH Fall 2017 Admission Decisions/Acceptance/Updates

Ibn Rushd

1 hour ago, bark0142 said:

I have now heard and I have a phone interview Friday. I think it takes people a while to sort through all the applications and decide who should interview you based on your background, interests, and expertise.

Yay Bark0142!!! so happy for you. Good Luck on your interview!! 

Hi there! I applied to Johns Hopkins, Harvard, UNC Chapel Hill and UIC in Dec 2016. Had an interview (teleconference) with 2 alumnae/professors on 14-Feb-2017 and haven't heard back yet. No word from UIC or JH except an email from JH a few days ago stating that they were taking longer than usual. Rejection today from Harvard :( 

I got rejected from Colorado last night. So devastated, it was top choice and the interview went so well. The chair even told me the drph program director was interested in my application. Pretty sad I didn't get in :(  

I got into a PhD program with good funding elsewhere and am deciding between taking that or reapplying next year. 

Congrats to everyone! I applied for the fall 2016 cycle and only got into one UGA (but no funding), so I took a year off to get myself together (lol) and will be reapplying to DrPH and a few PhD programs in the fall.

For the USF applicants/interviewees, would you mind sharing your stats (GPA, GRE, research experience, etc.) if you feel comfortable)? @bark0142 @Drph applicant112 @FutureDrPH

Edited by DraPHt2016

On 3/3/2017 at 0:11 AM, DrPH Applicant said:

Congratulations to all, and best of luck!

Accepted at the Tufts University - DrPH. Full tuition and stipend.

Congrats!!!!

How did you find out about funding. Also got accepted but haven't heard anything about funding. I would appreciate any info. Thanks

On 3/16/2017 at 9:15 AM, Poku said:

Congrats!!!!

How did you find out about funding. Also got accepted but haven't heard anything about funding. I would appreciate any info. Thanks

Thank you, congratulations on your acceptance as well! Funding was part of the admission letter, they mentioned in the second paragraph.

Do you think you'll be going to Tufts? What made you apply there? If you don't mind me asking. Just curious what everyone else sees in their program. 

On 3/15/2017 at 2:28 PM, DraPHt2016 said:

Congrats to everyone! I applied for the fall 2016 cycle and only got into one UGA (but no funding), so I took a year off to get myself together (lol) and will be reapplying to DrPH and a few PhD programs in the fall.

For the USF applicants/interviewees, would you mind sharing your stats (GPA, GRE, research experience, etc.) if you feel comfortable)? @bark0142 @Drph applicant112 @FutureDrPH

Here's some credentials for me, undergrad GPA not great, GRE okay, mph GPA 3.8, 10 years research experience and several publications.

• 2 weeks later...