GLOBED 2017-2019 (Or other Erasmus Mundus Programs)

moates2013

Hi Everyone!

I am wondering if anyone else on here has applied for the Master in Education Policies for Global Development program (or any other Erasmus Mundus programs) for the Fall 2017 entry?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! 

I applied for the Erasmus Comparative Local Development for 2017! I have been seeking ANY information about the timeline for notification and scholarships. The CoDe website is really bare bones. I asked and the administrator told me unofficial notifications go out in March and official ones in June. Anyone know what that means? Have you found ANY other forums that talk about the erasmus joint masters programs? I would love more information about the process (before I go crazy :)  )

Sarah

@LibbyCreek I applied to Neurasmus program and have also been told that the unofficial result will come earlier (end of February in my case), while the official ones will be out in May. So what they said in my interview was that they would make their list of students they accept to the program that they are going to send out to the central Erasmus scholarship committee who needs to approve, sign, and put their stamps on the documents to make them official. 

I have also found no online forum where erasmus is being talked about a lot, especially the program I applied to.

13 hours ago, CoffeeFueledAnxiety said:

@LibbyCreek I applied to Neurasmus program and have also been told that the unofficial result will come earlier (end of February in my case), while the official ones will be out in May. So what they said in my interview was that they would make their list of students they accept to the program that they are going to send out to the central Erasmus scholarship committee who needs to approve, sign, and put their stamps on the documents to make them official. 

I have also found no online forum where erasmus is being talked about a lot, especially the program I applied to.

Thank you, even though you don't have any other real info (just like me), it is nice to know we're in the same boat! Let me know if you figure anything out. Fingers crossed for you in the Neurasmus program!

Hi @LibbyCreek, I have just received my unofficial acceptance offer. They said that they just need the European Agency to validate their selection result to make it official. The EACEA will check the eligibility of candidates regarding the European rules (i.e. citizenship, nb of applications to other EMJMD programs, beneficiaries of other EU grants) but does not review the ranking of candidates established by the Selection committee on the basis of candidates’ academic excellence. So, as long as we are eligible for the scholarship according to the rules, the unofficial result will be officially announced in April. They even urged me to start the visa process soon, so I guess they don't think official result will change anything.

Good luck with your program!

Member's total reputation

Wow! Congratulations! This is a big deal! And the waiting is over- so much good in one day!

WiIl you take the offer? Did it include info about the scholarship too? I can't tell you how excited I am for you! Which track are you taking?

Wahooo! 

@LibbyCreek Thanks! I am very excited about the offer, too! I am still considering the offer but by now it looks like I am going to take it. I've got another offer directly to PhD but I don't think the research and program fits me as well. I am still waiting to hear back from one school but not feeling good about it anyway.

I am taking the neuropharmacology track since I am coming from pharmacy background. And yes, they told me that the offer comes with the Erasmus Partner Country Scholarship :)

Have any of you found another forum like this but with lots of EMJMD applicants? I also applied for a Fulbright this year and there are lots and lots of people discussing it on forums, but nothing on EMJMD/Erasmus etc.

@catling Yes, thanks for the suggestion. I found a group, and it is mostly populated by a few grads of the program showing the work they are currently doing. It is helpful, I hope the group you found is helpful- the FB groups seem to be either about answering application questions or, like the CoDe one, a group of former students. I guess I just need to sit tight and keep waiting :)

I heard back today and I'm getting nominated for the scholarship!!! This is for the LCT program.

I'm a little worried about the residency requirement, because I did live in Europe from 2012-2013 sooOOooooOOoo it kind of depends on how they define the "past 5 years". 5 years from September 2017? or 5 years from Jan 2017? I know, I know.... I need to send an email. I'm just gonna freak out for another hour or so.

1 hour ago, catling said:

I heard back today and I'm getting nominated for the scholarship!!! This is for the LCT program.

I'm a little worried about the residency requirement, because I did live in Europe from 2012-2013 sooOOooooOOoo it kind of depends on how they define the "past 5 years". 5 years from September 2017? or 5 years from Jan 2017? I know, I know.... I need to send an email. I'm just gonna freak out for another hour or so.

Wahooo!!!!! This is incredible! Congratulations I am so excited for you! Where will you study? Wow!!!!!

1 hour ago, catling said:

Wow. Congratulations!

Anyone got their initial results? Got mine (MER) and nominated for scholarship under the Geographical Window but they emphasized that it depends on EACEA approval. The only guaranteed that will get the scholarship are the ones in the main list. 

2 minutes ago, nautilus90 said:

Wow. Congratulations!

Anyone got their initial results? Got mine (MER) and nominated for scholarship under the Geographical Window but they emphasized that it depends on EACEA approval. The only guaranteed that will get the scholarship are the ones in the main list. 

Oh my goodness! You too! This is fabulous- congratulations!!!!

I have not seen a letter of any kind yet, but it seems the EACEA approval is mostly a pass-through, unless you have a criminal history or something along those lines you will get to keep that scholarship!

Looks like  a great program!

@nautilus90 Congrats to you too! My email also said the final approval will come in May.

Please note that the selection of candidates for the Erasmus-Mundus scholarships made by the Selection Committee of the LCT Program is provisional, pending approval of the nominated candidates by the Education, Audiovisual & Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) of the European Commission. We expect the EACEA decision in May.  We shall inform you of the result as soon as we can.

@LibbyCreek Thanks! I got my first choice (Saarland University in Germany) and the other school is in Spain, which I'm very happy with as well.

@nautilus90 the website for your program is so well fleshed out compared to mine! I love the diagram at the bottom of the application page, looks like they pay someone to work in communications :)  Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the geographic window does get funded because it certainly reads like the option is there for you otherwise! Pretty exciting, really!

@nautilus90 Honestly I have no idea what you mean by geographical window. I haven't seen that phrase anywhere in my application process. Is it like the category A/B scholarship thing? I'm being nominated for one of 5 category A scholarships.