GLOBED 2017-2019 (Or other Erasmus Mundus Programs)

moates2013

Hello guys,
I did the EPOG Skype interview (it was the final step) last week, they said results will be by the beginning of March.

Have you heard anything from them?
I think my interview was a bad one, it lasted only 5', they said that they were in a hurry and always stop me while talking. 

Thank you. 

10 hours ago, Germano said:

Hello guys,
I did the EPOG Skype interview (it was the final step) last week, they said results will be by the beginning of March.

Have you heard anything from them?
I think my interview was a bad one, it lasted only 5', they said that they were in a hurry and always stop me while talking. 

Thank you. 

The EPOG program looks engaging. I didn't have an interview with CoDe, the application noted not all applicants are interviewed. My impression of the interviews is they are mostly looking for English fluency, not as much examining content of your application- so maybe your 5' is just fine!

Now we hurry up and wait :)

Well it looks like I'm not eligible for the scholarship after all :/. For anyone curious:

The residence (tourist/travel does not count, only so-called "main activities": study, work, and so on) must not have been more than 12 months in total in the past 5 year period (ending on the application deadline, January 8th, 2017).

I'm at 13 months if we're counting 5 years from Jan 2017. My fault for not clarifying this at the time I applied.

What do you mean with 'unclear'?  Just to verify the English fluency? 

EPOG email said that the interviews was about 10', and advised to prepare a self presentation of 2'.

However, they stopped me while talking only after 40" and then made me 2/3 questions about my motivations and then closed the call really fast.  

So I thought they were not interested 

Hi all, I just found this forum, oh God I feel less alone :D 

I applied for Erasmus MER and MSP program. I am in the reserve list for the MER scholarship (Geographical Windows) waiting May for the final EACEA decision and I didn't hear from the MSP program yet ( MSc on Maritime Spatial Planning ). Did someone here applied to this program??

In the Letter I received from the MER secretariat late Feb they advised me to look for Scholarships so I can attend the program because they are not sure all the Geographical Windows would get one. Thus, I've been looking and contacting universities for financial aid in vain :/  @nautilus90 did you look for alternative scholarships? 

@Firlim Well, I'm keeping my hopes up and I'm a little confident with my overall score. I tried to email our coordinator asking for my ranking so I'll know how did I fare among all applicants but as of the moment they cant disclose it until EACEA confirmation.

Which Geographical Window were you selected? I read in other forums that last year EACEA gave more than 5 Geographical Window Scholarships. For ACES alone, they gave 24 scholarships. 

Lets just hope for the best.

50 minutes ago, nautilus90 said:

@Firlim Well, I'm keeping my hopes up and I'm a little confident with my overall score. I tried to email our coordinator asking for my ranking so I'll know how did I fare among all applicants but as of the moment they cant disclose it until EACEA confirmation.

Which Geographical Window were you selected? I read in other forums that last year EACEA gave more than 5 Geographical Window Scholarships. For ACES alone, they gave 24 scholarships. 

Lets just hope for the best.

@nautilus90 woow 24 Geographical Window Scholarships for one program that would be awesome!!  I hope they will give as much for the MER program. Tell me how did you know about your overall score though? I have no idea how I did scored 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

I applied GLOBED, QEM and MARIHE programmes. 

I got admission for QEM but EM scholarships haven't announced yet.They say it will be declared at the end of March or April. However, I don't think I will be awarded EM scholarship, anyways I still have a little hope. Is there anyone at the situation. I would like to talk about their application process which is really awkward. I think people are confused just as me. 

Also GLOBED first selection results will be announced tomorrow. I am excited about it but at the same time, I am worried because even if I am admitted I will have to take the TOEFL in 3 weeks and it's doubtful if I can get the result that they require. It is a really stressful period for me. :(

Lastly, I am rejected by Marihe programme, just because I can't submit my final university diploma until 15th of June. I have no idea why they insist so much about this diploma deadline. It really doesn't make any sense to me. I wonder what the logic is behind it. I will make an appeal by letter. For sure, I can be rejected but this way feels really unfair and I just don't want to accept it. 

How did it go with your applications? It's really hard to get some information by the people who applied to EM programmes. There is a lack of communication..

i applied for EPOG and got a response that am on the reserve list and have been accepted as self-paying student...anyone in a similar situation?

Edited by cabza

• 2 weeks later...

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here =)

@mica_c I also applied for MediaAC, and am on the reserve list. Do you think you are going to accept? I have so many questions about the reserve list, to be honest: they said to let them know by the 20th if we accept the offer, but then there is also a slim possibility that you will be moved to the main list. So how does it work? Say, if I were to accept this offer, but only out of hope that I'll be moved to the main list (or if I am waiting to hear from external funding source), what is going to happen next if the money falls through? They did not do a great job explaining this in the email. Also, they way I understand it, they are not even allowed to tell you how high you are placed on the reserve list if you want to assess you chances of moving up.

1 hour ago, Eno_R said:

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here =)

@mica_c I also applied for MediaAC, and am on the reserve list. Do you think you are going to accept? I have so many questions about the reserve list, to be honest: they said to let them know by the 20th if we accept the offer, but then there is also a slim possibility that you will be moved to the main list. So how does it work? Say, if I were to accept this offer, but only out of hope that I'll be moved to the main list (or if I am waiting to hear from external funding source), what is going to happen next if the money falls through? They did not do a great job explaining this in the email. Also, they way I understand it, they are not even allowed to tell you how high you are placed on the reserve list if you want to assess you chances of moving up.

Hey there,

At this point I don't know, because the details are so vague. I wonder though, if the letter is different for everyone, because their exact words to me regarding the Main List were "Instances when applicants on the Main List decline or are found to be ineligible are rare." Or is this what you are pertaining to by "slim possibility of moving to the Main List"? I'm not banking on getting on the Main List, although I would like to know more about "It also means you will be prioritized for other funding outside of the Erasmus Mundus scheme." There's been mention of Geographical Windows on this thread, and I wonder if MediaAC also has that, and whether one must first (like you said) accept the self-funded/external-funded placement offer to be prioritized for these. But from what I gather, they send out external funding offers together or shortly after the Main/Reserve notice. Well, I guess it's best to ask the Secretariat. I would actually try to ask them about my exact ranking too, I don't know, it might be kind of disheartening to find out I'm #39 out of 40 haha. Keep in touch and I hope it works out for you!

Edited by mica_c
detail clarification

Just now, mica_c said:

Hey there,

At this point I don't know, because the details are so vague. I wonder though, if the letter is different for everyone, because their exact words to me regarding the Main List were "Instances when applicants on the Main List decline or are found to be ineligible are rare." Or is this what you are pertaining to by "slim possibility of moving to the Main List"? I'm not banking on getting on the Main List, although I would like to know more about "It also means you will be prioritized for other funding outside of the Erasmus Mundus scheme." There's been mention of Geographical Windows on this thread, and I wonder if MediaAC also has that, and whether one must first (like you said) accept the self-funded/external-funded placement offer to be prioritized for these. But from what I gather, they send out external funding offers together or shortly after the Main/Reserve notice. Well, I guess it's best to ask the Secretariat. I would actually try to ask them about my exact ranking too, I don't know, it might be kind of disheartening to find out I'm #39 out of 40 haha. Keep in touch and I hope it works out for you!

@mica_c that was the same exact phrasing in my email, so they probably used the same template for everyone. As far as the external funding goes, I am not very optimistic, just because on the website there does not seem to be that many concrete funding avenues to explore, unless you want to try and apply for government-based scholarships in each individual country in your mobility route (at least, that was my impression). I think I'll email the Secretariat soon, just to get a better feeling on what happens from now on. That said, let's hope for the best!

Edited by Eno_R
forgot to add something

Hi guys! The EACEA scholarships offers are starting to come up, Mundus IMBRSEA and MAPP got theires, how about you?? 

I applied for MER and MSP, accepted as self funded & waiting list for the scholarship for both still no EACEA answer, crossing fingers!

Hi guys! The EACEA scholarships offers are starting to come up, Mundus IMBRSEA and MAPP got theires, how about you?? I didn't hear from them yet, I applied for MER and MSP, accepted as self funded & reserve list for the scholarship for both.