GEM Fellowship 2017

clavic

Hey,

I saw some old forums on here from past years of students applying for the GEM Fellowship Program and I wanted to see if anyone that applied was interested in discussing/updating each other about it.

Here is the link to a few of the past years of these discussions:

GEM 2016

GEM 2015

GEM 2014

Hoping to see some of you out here!

I applied back in 2015 and it was a mess. They did send out a reminder email to complete the applications to 3 schools on Jan. 14, 2015, but they didn't do so this time around. 

Mine still says unmatched, but I was contacted by a company a week ago w/o my status ever changing.

I've been unmatched since the early deadline so I called them and they said companies have been looking in the portal and selecting people since the early deadline and their deadline to select people is Feb 23rd. It's not looking good guys ?. There is still opportunities for Associate and University fellowships though

Edited by Craftenthusiast

On 2/22/2017 at 10:48 PM, Craftenthusiast said:

I've been unmatched since the early deadline so I called them and they said companies have been looking in the portal and selecting people since the early deadline and their deadline to select people is Feb 23rd. It's not looking good guys ?. There is still opportunities for Associate and University fellowships though

So that's it for the rest of us huh? :(... Well, at least I hope my tuition gets paid. I can't be in debt for eternity!

Hello All,

I've recently had a change on my Employer Status from Unmatched to "Draft Match". The change happened over the weekend.  I'm unsure what this means but i have emailed the info page and I'll post whatever they respond with. Best of luck to everyone.

-Smith93

2 hours ago, Smith93 said:

Hello All,

I've recently had a change on my Employer Status from Unmatched to "Draft Match". The change happened over the weekend.  I'm unsure what this means but i have emailed the info page and I'll post whatever they respond with. Best of luck to everyone.

-Smith93

Thanks for that!

• 2 weeks later...

My status was updated from "Unmatched" to "Draft Match" towards the end of February. I had messaged the Consortium several times and tried to call on occasion but yesterday I just tried to get a hold of my GEM university representative and I got the message responded below. I'm not ecstatic about the message because it's the same one that has been sent in the past and looks like a generic response.

Regardless I think everyone is still in it.....

GEM.PNG

I still haven't heard anything yet :( My status changed to "draft match" and I was told the same thing as some of the previous posters (essentially just a company reviewing my application). If I've yet to be contacted for an interviewe is it safe to say chances or slim? I will say I definitely had a strong application. Thus far I've been admitted to all schools I've applied to so I've been fairly optimistic. Thoughts?

Edited by Ryanlemar

Not entirely sure... "Draft Match" indicates that your application is being reviewed (according to a phone call with a GEM employee). Not sure what the nuance between the two is though. 

Has anyone one chosen a university to attend? I'm still waiting on one more school to send out result before I choose. Just wondering if those who are matched/draft match may be dependent on if you have chosen a school.

-Smith93

Tookanapple that's awesome news, congrats!

Sadly my status just changed a few minutes ago from "draft match" to "unmatched" for employer status. I may need to postpone graduate school for a year as going into 80k in debt is not an option. Thank God I haven't shared my aspirations with my boss yet! 

Also just a general fyi to everyone, I just got off the phone with a gentleman from the GEM consortium. He did state that the review process is still ongoing. The deadline for employers to review applicants was March 15 but evidently some quantity of them asked for an extension. He stated they do send out "sorry but you weren't selected" emails, so we will know definitively when the bell has rung. 

Good luck to everyone!