NEW Canadian universities M.S.W thread (2017)

Roxxx

14 hours ago, jaylynn said:

Thanks @2017hoping, most likely, yeah. I'm pretty committed on completing my MSW this year. I'll just have to be super frugal. Fortunately they offered me a bit of an entrance scholarship too. Anything helps!

Jaylynn,

Where there's a will there's a way.

I don't know your personal circumstances, but are you hoping to land a part time job in Windsor to make ends meet? If this is part of your deciding factor, feel free to PM me. I know of an opportunity that could work out really well for you, if this is your situation.

Judging from the comments so far no one has heard from Laurier for the 2-year program, but I was curious if anyone got a confirmation that Laurier received their application?  I just realized that I didn't get anything and now I'm panicking!

2 hours ago, hornets14 said:

Judging from the comments so far no one has heard from Laurier for the 2-year program, but I was curious if anyone got a confirmation that Laurier received their application?  I just realized that I didn't get anything and now I'm panicking!

If you log into your loris where you uploaded all of your documents, it states that the university receives your uploaded documents in real time. So basically as long as you have uploaded all the required documents, they have received them. I did not get any type of email either. 

Edited by moh230
Typo

3 hours ago, jaylynn said:

Has anyone received their acceptance package from UofT? I'm curious to know what the deadline to accept would be/if it's the same as the waitlist confirmation. 

Hi Jaylynn, 

I received mine in the mail on Friday. The deadline for acceptance is 4 weeks from the date of offer. There is also a $500 deposit that is required by June 1, 2017. 

Hope this helps :)

7 hours ago, Inspired2017 said:

Hi Jaylynn, 

I received mine in the mail on Friday. The deadline for acceptance is 4 weeks from the date of offer. There is also a $500 deposit that is required by June 1, 2017. 

Hope this helps :)

I hope I get mine today.  For me, showing "invited" on ROSI is not good enough....I NEED to have that letter in my hand for it to be real (lol).  I saw the mail man drive past my house on Friday and nearly cried (lol).  Congrats on your acceptance.  What stream have you chosen?  

2 hours ago, KarebearSW said:

I hope I get mine today.  For me, showing "invited" on ROSI is not good enough....I NEED to have that letter in my hand for it to be real (lol).  I saw the mail man drive past my house on Friday and nearly cried (lol).  Congrats on your acceptance.  What stream have you chosen?  

I keep checking ROSI to make sure it hasn't changed and that this isn't all some ridiculous dream... the letter means ROSI is legit. I'm in the same boat!

5 hours ago, KarebearSW said:

Lol, I hear you! I was very guarded until I got the official offer in the mail. Stranger things have happened and computers do have glitches! Im sure you will get it early this week. 

I was accepted into the Health and Mental Health stream - part time. Congratulations to you as well! What stream did you choose?

Edited by Inspired2017

2 hours ago, ssbbaker said:

I keep checking ROSI to make sure it hasn't changed and that this isn't all some ridiculous dream... the letter means ROSI is legit. I'm in the same boat!

Lol, I was doing the same thing! 

Anyone have any suggestions re: decision making?

I was offered funding at my second choice school but not at my first. I know it's the best dilemma in the world to have but I'm just curious how other people have/would make those kinds of decisions?

4 hours ago, ssbbaker said:

Hahaha, ssbbaker....I keep checking ROSI too.  Glad I'm not the only one!!  lol

1 hour ago, Inspired2017 said:

Lol, I hear you! I was very guarded until I got the official offer in the mail. Stranger things have happened and computers do have glitches! Im sure you will get it early this week. 

I was accepted into the Health and Mental Health stream - part time. Congratulations to you as well! What stream did you choose?

Inspired2017, I know!  I literally haven't told anyone about this "acceptance" other than my husband and kids and my best friend...lol.  

Congratulations!!!  I have chosen the Gerontology stream (full time).

I'm confused as to how York has sent out notification to people that they are on a waiting list when there are those of us who have not even heard back if we are rejected or accepted.  Would they not have to have made their decisions first before sending out notifications for being wait listed?

1 hour ago, Hopeful18 said:

I'm confused as to how York has sent out notification to people that they are on a waiting list when there are those of us who have not even heard back if we are rejected or accepted.  Would they not have to have made their decisions first before sending out notifications for being wait listed?

Colleague accepted an offer to York last week. 

10 minutes ago, Dry_Guy said:

Colleague accepted an offer to York last week. 

Yes, there are people on this very thread who have said that they have been accepted, rejected and wait listed and then there are those of us who have heard absolutely nothing back from York at all.  So it is very confusing.

2 minutes ago, lindaMSW said:

My friend's sister  is also accepted to York advanced program last Thursday and she was rejected by U of T in the beginning of the month.

Ugh, so I'm guessing they have sent everything out already and are just slow to let the rest of us know we are rejected.  It would be nice if they just did it all at once.

If it makes a difference for all of you who have been waiting for York, my online status didn't change until two days after I received my acceptance via email (acceptance came via email from Brandon E.). Hopefully some news will come out this week. In my acceptance letter, it states that we only have 10 business days to accept our offer. I image after that time period they will send out further acceptances. 

Edited by SW_Student