NEW Canadian universities M.S.W thread (2017)

Roxxx

47 minutes ago, nicoleMSW said:

So I think this week will be the week Laurier starts getting back to us! Good luck everyone, sending out positive thoughts! :D 

I was just going to say the same thing! Come on Laurier...!! Not like our whole lives depend on this one letter or anything haha 

I have accepted my offer at Carleton... anybody else?

I'm just wondering if anyone on here knows what the format of the 2 year program is like? I'm just trying to figure out what my life for the next 2 years is gonna be like... lol. any break during the summer? stuff like that. anyways, would be very appreciative of any info that anyone has! 

congrats to everyone and good luck to those still waiting to hear!

1 minute ago, hornets14 said:

I just got my acceptance email from Laurier!!

was this for the 2 year program?? wow lucky you, im guessing i did not get in. DId your laurier log in thingy change and does it show the offer of admissions?

1 minute ago, moh230 said:

was this for the 2 year program?? wow lucky you, im guessing i did not get in. DId your laurier log in thingy change and does it show the offer of admissions?

Yeah for the 2-year program.  I JUST got the email like 3 minutes ago and it's changed on LORIS.  I've already accepted Western's offer though so I'll be declining Laurier's as a lot has changed for me since applications and I can no longer relocate to Kitchener from London.

10 minutes ago, hornets14 said:

Yeah for the 2-year program.  I JUST got the email like 3 minutes ago and it's changed on LORIS.  I've already accepted Western's offer though so I'll be declining Laurier's as a lot has changed for me since applications and I can no longer relocate to Kitchener from London.

Congratulations! Oh boy that's exciting! 

Where did you see that it changed on LORIS? :) I've been wondering where to look haha

1 minute ago, mcvhb said:

Congratulations! Oh boy that's exciting! 

Where did you see that it changed on LORIS? :) I've been wondering where to look haha

Go under admissions then click on the link where you uploaded all of your documents for your application.  All my documents I uploaded are gone and there's my offer letter there instead now.  Hope that helps!

35 minutes ago, moh230 said:

did yours change right now? still got nothing on my e-mail :/

I got an email and then my LORIS account changed. All the best everyone, I heard at the info night at Laurier that over 600 people applied and 90 people got into the full time program. Looking forward to meeting you! 

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to all those who have received acceptance to their university of choice!

Does anyone know when Laurier will be releasing acceptances to the part-time MSW for Fall 2017?

Thanks!

Get my acceptance from Ryerson! I was also accepted to York and I'm not sure which to accept... Anyone have information on which would be better? Honestly, my first choice was u of t (was waitlisted, not holding out much hope that I'll get in) so I didn't actually do much research on any other school. 

8 minutes ago, McMo2017 said:

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to all those who have received acceptance to their university of choice!

Does anyone know when Laurier will be releasing acceptances to the part-time MSW for Fall 2017?

Thanks!

I also applied to the part time program, and in the email after I sent in my application it said part time letters go out in the end of April. Hope all is well for you!

Got an email from Laurier at 12:04pm that I was accepted into the 2 year program. My last name starts with "C", but will be declining it to accept UofT's 2 year.

I still didn't get an email or a notification of admission. I'm happy that there's progress at Laurier at least and I'll finally know if I got in or didn't soon enough. It was my first time applying and this journey has taught me so much that even if I don't get in this year, I'm confident that I'll get in next year. 

Good luck to everyone waiting. It looks like a few people will be declining their offers so if we end up on a wait list there's hope. 

Edited by Amira86

10 minutes ago, mcvhb said:

I also applied to the part time program, and in the email after I sent in my application it said part time letters go out in the end of April. Hope all is well for you!

Thank you very much for letting me know! Was this information in the email you recieved after completing the online portion of your application? Prior to uploading all of your documents? 

Now I'm nervous that perhaps I missed something...