NEW Canadian universities M.S.W thread (2017)

Roxxx

3 minutes ago, MSW-hopeful-2016 said:

My advice, as someone who was waitlisted last year, is to not focus on the waitlist at all. Apply for jobs (if that's your plan of action) and focus on moving forward. Try to get the best opportunities you can to strengthen your app, and remember that you're beginning to re-apply in a few short months. 

That being said, accept your spot on the waitlist and whatever happens, happens. If you do find an amazing job opportunity and happen to find out in August that you've been accepted off the waitlist, you quit your job. Until then - do not focus on getting off. That's just my two cents. 

That's what I was thinking. I have a backup plan that starts in May which could help me find opportunities to strengthen my application, and if I get in off the waitlist I'm definitely going to quit (because it won't affect me adversely to do so) and start at U of T in the fall. Definitely hoping to see you there! 

Hey does do any people here know what Laurier's 2 year MSW schedule looks like? Or if there are any people here who currently go there I'd love to talk! 

Edited by Lindsay22156

Has anyone heard anything from Windsor regarding their 2 year program? It's been almost a month since I saw someone post  that they sent out acceptances, but I haven't seen anyone post that they got in. This is my first year applying with not much experience so I didn't expect to get in anywhere and then I was waitlisted at UofT so I'm starting to feel hopeful...

On 4/4/2017 at 5:45 PM, nutella06 said:

Same here. Does anyone know how quick the wait list moves??

I'm on the waitlist for the 1 year program and wasn't even told how many people are on it. 

As for the 2 year, my friend was waitlisted last year and said a lot of people got in within a month. So hope remains for all of you :) 

2 minutes ago, kirsten107 said:

Has anyone heard from lakehead HBSW ?

Apparently we won't hear until mid April, so maybe starting next week? Hopefully.. 

3 minutes ago, mitchae said:

Apparently we won't hear until mid April, so maybe starting next week? Hopefully.. 

Hopefully! I saw last year people were receiving rejections by this week (before anyone receiving acceptances).. so hopefully at this time no news is good news lol

On 2017-04-05 at 2:09 PM, Lindsay22156 said:

Hey does do any people here know what Laurier's 2 year MSW schedule looks like? Or if there are any people here who currently go there I'd love to talk! 

Course info (not a schedule unfortunately) is found here: https://www.wlu.ca/programs/social-work/graduate/social-work-msw/program-details/index.html 
Course registration opens mid-May, but before then you might find the Fall 2017 schedule on here: https://telaris.wlu.ca/ssb_prod/bwckschd.p_disp_dyn_sched

Is there a FB group for Laurier MSWs this year? :)

3 hours ago, mcvhb said:

Course info (not a schedule unfortunately) is found here: https://www.wlu.ca/programs/social-work/graduate/social-work-msw/program-details/index.html 
Course registration opens mid-May, but before then you might find the Fall 2017 schedule on here: https://telaris.wlu.ca/ssb_prod/bwckschd.p_disp_dyn_sched

Is there a FB group for Laurier MSWs this year? :)

No Facebook group yet. Want to create one and post the link? 

Thanks for that info about the schedule!

10 hours ago, jaylynn said:

So who's going to Windsor in a few weeks?! :blink:

I was wondering the same thing Jaylynn-I'll be starting there in May for the advanced standing program and I am really excited! Are you all set to start there too?

12 hours ago, Newfor2017 said:

I was wondering the same thing Jaylynn-I'll be starting there in May for the advanced standing program and I am really excited! Are you all set to start there too?

Pretty much. Still trying to figure out my work schedule and how i'll commute back and forth from Toronto. I just can't believe it's creeping up so quickly! 

Hey guys, just got my status for lakehead, it says I have been waitlisted. To be honest, was happy that I did not get accepted because I really wanted to do UVIC online. So I am going to start University of Victoria 2 year BSW in a few weeks! and then hopefully apply to the advances standing MSW

19 minutes ago, moh230 said:

Hey guys, just got my status for lakehead, it says I have been waitlisted. To be honest, was happy that I did not get accepted because I really wanted to do UVIC online. So I am going to start University of Victoria 2 year BSW in a few weeks! and then hopefully apply to the advances standing MSW

Congrats on UVIC! For lakehead, did they email you or you only saw on your student portal ?

20 minutes ago, moh230 said:

Did you ever hear back from Windsor about their two year program?

Hi everyone,

To all those who recieved offers for the 2-year MSW at Laurier, can you share the deadline you were given to make a decision about your offer? 

I'm wondering if this deadline determines when the part-time offers will go out, in case there are some who applied to both and get to choose which they prefer? Perhaps it affects the amount of part-time seats they'll offer?

Thank you!

32 minutes ago, kirsten107 said:

Congrats on UVIC! For lakehead, did they email you or you only saw on your student portal ?

No they didn't send me an email yet on my lake head account. I viewed it by clicking on application status and it said no have been wait listed on there. I am guessing the emails will be followed shortly. 

12 minutes ago, moh230 said:

No they didn't send me an email yet on my lake head account. I viewed it by clicking on application status and it said no have been wait listed on there. I am guessing the emails will be followed shortly. 

Is this for the orrilia or thunderbay campus!?

12 minutes ago, moh230 said:

I've been wait listed too! Just like @moh230 I didn't get any e-mails, I just checked the "application status" tab on the Lakehead myInfo page 

Hey all who just replied about the Lakehead admissions, just wondering where you can see that you have been waitlisted. When I click on the 'My Application Status' tab it shows me the application for both Orillia and Lakehead but then just has the regular columns of 'Start Term, Program Choice, Campus, etc.' Where does it show that your status has somehow changed? Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, PregnantSeahorse said:

Hey all who just replied about the Lakehead admissions, just wondering where you can see that you have been waitlisted. When I click on the 'My Application Status' tab it shows me the application for both Orillia and Lakehead but then just has the regular columns of 'Start Term, Program Choice, Campus, etc.' Where does it show that your status has somehow changed? Thanks in advance!

Click on the applicant tab & then click on "my application status". It should show a little grey box with your status on it.