NEW Canadian universities M.S.W thread (2017)

Roxxx

20 hours ago, moli said:

Has anyones status changed to something other than waitlisted for lakehead?

My status changed to "admitted" a couple of hours ago! 

2 hours ago, kirsten107 said:

Just admitted to hbsw !

Congratulations! Is this for the Orillia or Thunder Bay campus? 

As of yesterday, I have now been waitlisted for UofT and Lakehead's Orillia campus... does anyone know when the deadlines to accept for either of these programs are? I'm feeling pretty discouraged and trying to figure out what improvements I can make for my applications to reapply next round but it would also be great to have an idea when I would be the most likely to hear if I were going to get off the waitlist. I'm stuck between trying not to get my hopes up but also not wanting to give up completely on this year :/

On 4/10/2017 at 0:55 PM, McMo2017 said:

Hi everyone,

To all those who recieved offers for the 2-year MSW at Laurier, can you share the deadline you were given to make a decision about your offer? 

I'm wondering if this deadline determines when the part-time offers will go out, in case there are some who applied to both and get to choose which they prefer? Perhaps it affects the amount of part-time seats they'll offer?

Thank you!

Full time program enrollment does not impact how many part time students are accepted because full time students have their classes in the daytime and part time students take their classes after 4pm.

16 minutes ago, CG_MSW said:

As of yesterday, I have now been waitlisted for UofT and Lakehead's Orillia campus... does anyone know when the deadlines to accept for either of these programs are? I'm feeling pretty discouraged and trying to figure out what improvements I can make for my applications to reapply next round but it would also be great to have an idea when I would be the most likely to hear if I were going to get off the waitlist. I'm stuck between trying not to get my hopes up but also not wanting to give up completely on this year :/

I believe that the Lakehead wait list will move sometime during the first or second week of May. Lots of people apply to the HBSW as a backup in case they don't get into an MSW program, so you can expect a lot of movement on the wait list. Good luck! 

1 hour ago, thelionking said:

I believe that the Lakehead wait list will move sometime during the first or second week of May. Lots of people apply to the HBSW as a backup in case they don't get into an MSW program, so you can expect a lot of movement on the wait list. Good luck! 

Definitely. I am finishing up the HBSW at Lakehead and a LOT of our class came from the waitlist, including me. I think there started to be movement off the waitlist in mid-May,  Feel free to message me with any questions about the program. 

20 hours ago, CG_MSW said:

Thank you! This was for Orillia campus. I'm sure it's frustrating but try to not get too discouraged! I hope you hear soon!!

On 2017-04-11 at 1:16 PM, mitchae said:

Is there any kind of deadline or communication from Windsor, that anyone is aware of? 

@mitchae myUWindsor shows my application as waitlisted as of today. My eGas hasn't been updated and I haven't received an email telling me I've been waitlisted 

16 minutes ago, waiting2017 said:

@mitchae myUWindsor shows my application as waitlisted as of today. My eGas hasn't been updated and I haven't received an email telling me I've been waitlisted 

Thanks for the update...mine has the same wait list status...

Has anyone been accepted on there yet? 

1 hour ago, waiting2017 said:

Thanks! Turns out I've been waitlisted as well.. 

On 2017-04-10 at 0:55 PM, McMo2017 said:

Hi everyone,

To all those who recieved offers for the 2-year MSW at Laurier, can you share the deadline you were given to make a decision about your offer? 

I'm wondering if this deadline determines when the part-time offers will go out, in case there are some who applied to both and get to choose which they prefer? Perhaps it affects the amount of part-time seats they'll offer?

Thank you!

They gave me until April 24

On 4/11/2017 at 1:16 PM, mitchae said:

Is there any kind of deadline or communication from Windsor, that anyone is aware of? 

@mitchae I spoke with Cindy earlier today to inquire about my admission status as I applied to the Advanced Standing MSW program starting in May, however she advised me to follow up with her next week if I did not receive anything by then. I was advised of my wait-list status in February but have not received any form of correspondence since then which I assumed meant I had not been admitted and I am pretty sure still does.  I am curious to know if others who were wait-listed have received any notification about their admission status to the Advanced Standing program at Windsor? If I somehow missed the response to this question I apologize in advance!

Edited by Msw2017_

2 hours ago, moli said:

Has anyone's status for windsors 2 year msw not changed yet? Mine still says in progress. Also has anyone been accepted or rejected yet?

You need to check your eGas, not just your MyUWindsor. I got confirmation that I was accepted to the 2-year MSW yesterday :). I got an email, and my eGas was updated as well. 

17 hours ago, Eric@York said:

I was off of the York MSW waitlist last year.:)

Hey! I'll be attending york this September! Do you remember what date or how long after you received your admission letter that you received your detailed funding letter? Thanks! 

Does anyone know from passed experience how the Windsor waitlist works, for the 2 year program? I am currently on the waitlist for the 2 year program and am just wondering how likely it will be/ when I would know I would be off the waitlist. Any insight would be appreciated! 

Just now, mitchae said:

Does anyone know from passed experience how the Windsor waitlist works, for the 2 year program? I am currently on the waitlist for the 2 year program and am just wondering how likely it will be/ when I would know I would be off the waitlist. Any insight would be appreciated! 

In the past, this is how it worked. It's possible that things have changed though.

Offers are sent out to a certain number of people based on the number of spots available. As people decline their offers, more offers are sent out. People have 2 weeks to make a decision. Considering that it's an MSW program, there is a lot of movement on the wait list. My guess is that because Windsor is far from all the majors centres in Ontario such as Toronto and Hamilton, and it's also far away from other mid-sized cities like London, it ends up being low on people's list of preferred schools. It's not uncommon for people to get off the wait list as late as June, so there's still hope for you. Good luck!