NEW Canadian universities M.S.W thread (2017)

Roxxx

On 6/7/2017 at 2:15 PM, Jools88 said:

I'm on the wait list for the advanced standing MSW at UofT and the waiting game is killing me...Angela mentioned there should be movement off of the wait list around June 1st (when the deposit was due) but I still haven't heard anything...

Had anyone else heard from Angela recently?  I'm still crossing my fingers!!

I am glad to know I am not the only one who is finding this whole waitlist situation difficult! I am on the waitlist for the 2 year MSW at U of T and my cautious optimism is fading rather quickly. 

Have you heard anything? 

On 2017-06-29 at 9:50 PM, ONE step CLOSER said:

I know this forum is very quiet around this time but I wanted to share.  I received a call yesterday from U of T and I have been offered a spot in the Advanced standing program which I have accepted.  To those of you still on the wait list, there is hope!! If you are on the wait list at the University of Waterloo, there  should be movement as I withdrew my spot. Good Luck!

Congrats!! That's so exciting! I'm hoping I'll be in the same place this time next year! Would you mind sharing your work/volunteer experience? I'm finishing up my BSW and will be applying to the advance standing program for fall 2018. Any info/advice would be very appreciated!

On 7/1/2017 at 0:52 AM, MSW2018hopeful said:

Congrats!! That's so exciting! I'm hoping I'll be in the same place this time next year! Would you mind sharing your work/volunteer experience? I'm finishing up my BSW and will be applying to the advance standing program for fall 2018. Any info/advice would be very appreciated!

Thanks! I have 10+ years of experience in ABI and medical case management.I have volunteered at Halton Healthcare (2 departments). I am also a graduate from Seneca College (SSW) and Ryerson (BSW).  I suggest to set aside a significant amount of time to work on your resume and your statement.  These are selling features.  If by chance you get wait listed, continue to provide the occasional update if there are any changes such as resume, transcript, practicum evaluation. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

13 hours ago, ONE step CLOSER said:

Thanks! I have 10+ years of experience in ABI and medical case management.I have volunteered at Halton Healthcare (2 departments). I am also a graduate from Seneca College (SSW) and Ryerson (BSW).  I suggest to set aside a significant amount of time to work on your resume and your statement.  These are selling features.  If by chance you get wait listed, continue to provide the occasional update if there are any changes such as resume, transcript, practicum evaluation. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Haha we have the same education (except different schools)! Yeah, the tip about taking time on the application is great, thanks! I looked over the forms and stuff yesterday so I know exactly what I'll have to get done. I don't have 10+ years of experience, but I'm hoping the variety of work, volunteer, and placements I've done will make my application strong.. ?? 

On 6/30/2017 at 8:50 AM, Hopeful4 said:

I am glad to know I am not the only one who is finding this whole waitlist situation difficult! I am on the waitlist for the 2 year MSW at U of T and my cautious optimism is fading rather quickly. 

Have you heard anything? 

Still nothing :(...Looks like someone else got off the waitlist last Thursday though!  

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the last day for York MSW admission...... They will send out regret letters to applicants who are still on the waiting list  :(

Good luck in the year of 2018 !!  Always keeping  your hope alive!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...