IDM MIT 2017

violet03

6 hours ago, SolderBob said:

Folks! Do not worry.

I called the IDM office few hours back to confirm my interview schedule. The admissions officer told me they haven't sent out many admits until now. 

So I guess you guys shouldn't really worry :rolleyes:

I guess that means there are no many interview invitations left?

This process is so emotionally draining! I just wish they would release us quicker haha. Anyway, there is always next year!

Congrats on your interview SolderBob, I'm sure it will go great.

19 minutes ago, violet03 said:

I guess that means there are no many interview invitations left?

This process is so emotionally draining! I just wish they would release us quicker haha. Anyway, there is always next year!

Congrats on your interview SolderBob, I'm sure it will go great.

As per my communication with the admissions office, majority of invitations are YET to be sent out. So, keep your fingers crossed!
Also, you can call the IDM office and ask for your status. Folks there are very helpful, and as per my experience, this wouldn't negatively impact your odds :P

12 hours ago, aj17 said:

Any idea how many invites are they sending out?

In one of the infosessions, Matt says 21 or 24 seats this year. I'm guessing no particular restrictions on the number of interviews.. 

20 hours ago, akhilm1991 said:

Anybody got into any of the other 3 related programs? CMU MIIPS, Northwestern EDI or UPenn IPD? 

I had applied to CMU MA followed by MDes .. Got through that! Integrated MIIPS as a program is different from idm.. You trying to study design thinking?

50 minutes ago, aj17 said:

I had applied to CMU MA followed by MDes .. Got through that! Integrated MIIPS as a program is different from idm.. You trying to study design thinking?

Oh is it.. The curriculum looks similar, and all of those 4 programs are part of some 'Integrated design innovation consortium', so had assumed they were similar.. 

Yes, for design thinking 

https://www.cmu.edu/integrated-innovation/degrees/miips/index.html

54 minutes ago, aj17 said:

Congrats on Cmu MDes BTW!! It's a really good program I've heard ?

54 minutes ago, akhilm1991 said:

Congrats on Cmu MDes BTW!! It's a really good program I've heard ?

Thank you.. So within design thinking, what is it that you really want to apply it in.. For ex ..m specifically interested in application of design thinking in business, strategy and social innovation. Also, what other programs have u applied to? I applied to Illinois (accepted) , Parsons ( accepted), and the rest - idm, Georgia, Iowa waiting . the Illinois program - mdes is really good

55 minutes ago, aj17 said:

Thank you.. So within design thinking, what is it that you really want to apply it in.. For ex ..m specifically interested in application of design thinking in business, strategy and social innovation. Also, what other programs have u applied to? I applied to Illinois (accepted) , Parsons ( accepted), and the rest - idm, Georgia, Iowa waiting . the Illinois program - mdes is really good

Hm not really looking at a career working as a designer. Trying to pick up some skills as I start my next venture.. 

NW EDI And UPenn IPD waitlisted. Georgia hci accepted.. Cmu reject 

7 hours ago, akhilm1991 said:

Hm not really looking at a career working as a designer. Trying to pick up some skills as I start my next venture.. 

NW EDI And UPenn IPD waitlisted. Georgia hci accepted.. Cmu reject 

Congrats on Georgia.. That's pretty good too is what I know

Except for a single interview invite reported here, does anyone know of any other instance of interview invites? One of the current students told me that the process goes on for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, Amit37 said:

Except for a single interview invite reported here, does anyone know of any other instance of interview invites? One of the current students told me that the process goes on for a long time. 

I personally know 3 very strong candidates who applied to IDM. None has heard back yet. However, one of them wrote to the admissions coordinator last week and got this reply:

Hi ABC,

Thank you for your patience.  We received many more applications than we expected in round one so our process is moving a bit slower than anticipated. Your application is still under review and we hope to be in touch soon!

Best,
Lesley

6 hours ago, SolderBob said:

I personally know 3 very strong candidates who applied to IDM. None has heard back yet. However, one of them wrote to the admissions coordinator last week and got this reply:

Hi ABC,

Thank you for your patience.  We received many more applications than we expected in round one so our process is moving a bit slower than anticipated. Your application is still under review and we hope to be in touch soon!

Best,
Lesley

Yup I wrote to them last week too. They said they would take till the end of this week