2 minutes ago, fieldingfanatic said:

Was just accepted off the waitlist.

Boy do I envy you... Congratulations still!

I'm still waiting on Cornell complit. Should anyone happen to know something about them please do let me know.

Edited by steve3020

5 minutes ago, LurkyLurker said:

Anybody else around here still hopeful for some movement? :rolleyes:

Yes! I still haven't heard anything from UNC Chapel Hill. I contacted them, per my advisors' suggestions, but they did not respond. I know since I wasn't one of the original waitlists it's a long shot, but it would be a dream come true.

I'm second on the waitlist at Duquesne. They only matriculate 4 students. Of those offered admission, so far 2 have accepted. No word on the other 2 or on the person ahead of me on the waitlist. So, I could still get in, but my odds aren't great.

I never heard back from U Maryland CP, but I am pretty sure they just can't be bothered to reject me. 

5 hours ago, Joasia0429 said:

@ratanegra19 @positivitize ... good news... got in with funding at Indiana. :) Took me over 24 hrs to process the info, but I wanted to share the happy news. Feeling over the moon :D

5 hours ago, positivitize said:

Awesome! Congratulations!

That's so cool! Congratulations--it's a kickass program!

16 hours ago, LurkyLurker said:

Anybody else around here still hopeful for some movement? :rolleyes:

I am. I have made a choice among the schools I've heard back from and declined the other offers, but I still really, desperately hope to hear something from UNH. If anyone here is the person-currently-considering-their-offer, I would be immensely grateful if you let them know something soon. I emailed DGS, and she told me I am next in line--however, if the person currently considering takes the full two weeks to respond, it will be past the April 15th deadline and too late for me. Argh!!

Today I had to turn down offers from The Ohio State University and Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. I hope that helps somebody! I was extremely impressed by both programs, and the reason it's taken me so long to decide is because they are so great. I also took myself off of the Maryland waitlist, where I was first in line, and the Iowa waitlist. 

I'll be removing myself from the Princeton waiting list and declining an offer of admission from the University of Toronto later today. Hope that helps!

EDIT: English PhD, and PhD / MA offers at U of T!

Edited by Krobotnik

1 hour ago, Krobotnik said:

I'll be removing myself from the Princeton waiting list and declining an offer of admission from the University of Toronto later today. Hope that helps!

Phd in English, right? (thanks for the edit)

Edited by steve3020

I was on the wait list at Ohio State for Rhet/Comp, but I've accepted my offer from Arizona State, so I removed myself. Ohio State's wait list is interest-based, so if anyone else is into post-process writing in online spaces, you've got one less person to compete with over the next 3 days.

I just got an email from the DGS at Duquesne: "I just wanted to update you on your waitlist status. The deadline for replying to offers for the PhD program is this Saturday. I have one candidate who I have contacted multiple times and who has never responded; I am assuming that she does not intend to accept the offer. If, by the end of the weekend, we have not heard from her, I will instruct the graduate office to extend an offer to you." 

I'm freaking out. I think I might actually get in. :)

29 minutes ago, anxiousgrad said:

I just got an email from the DGS at Duquesne: "I just wanted to update you on your waitlist status. The deadline for replying to offers for the PhD program is this Saturday. I have one candidate who I have contacted multiple times and who has never responded; I am assuming that she does not intend to accept the offer. If, by the end of the weekend, we have not heard from her, I will instruct the graduate office to extend an offer to you." 

Good luck!!!!

5 hours ago, anxiousgrad said:

Aaaah! I'm anxious (!) for you! Fingers, toes, arms, legs, and eyes crossed for you!

Such a nerve-wracking time, even as an observer -- I hope this thread explodes with happy posts in the next three days! :)

2 hours ago, Old Bill said:

Aaaah! I'm anxious (!) for you! Fingers, toes, arms, legs, and eyes crossed for you!

Such a nerve-wracking time, even as an observer -- I hope this thread explodes with happy posts in the next three days! :)

Thank you! 

So far, wine has been the only effective way to forget the anxiety 

I'm on the waitlist at UTK and my fellowship fell through at Temple, so I'm on a waitlist for funding there.

Please, someone throw me a bone and decline offers from either school. I don't care which. Look, I know it's sad, but if you decline and get me into either program, I'll send a card to your parents and/or guardian(s) telling them how wonderful you are due to their fine parenting. I'll also high-five you at every conference we attend together. I guarantee I look super cool and others will think more highly of you to be seen in my company.

Till then, it's margarita time.

15 hours ago, Old Bill said:

I second this! I've mostly just been stalking to find out what everyone is doing, but I'm on the edge of my seat, too. I'm sending lots of positive vibes to those still waiting, it's almost over! Hang in there, guys! 

I just declined an offer at UConn after more funding came through from the other school I was still considering. Good luck to everyone still waiting! 

Edited by SophieHatter
grammar