Jump to content
BellaAung

How to Delay an Admissions Offer Deadline

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I am in a tough situation right now so I'd really appreciate it if anyone can give me some advice. I have been accepted to 2 of the 6 schools I have applied to. They are my number 3 and 4 schools so I am pretty pleased. Simon Fraser offered me a full ride plus TA positions on February 7. However, they want me to reply to their offer by February 21.

Even though I am very excited about the offer, I'd still like to hear back from my top 2 schools before I make any final decisions. I am thinking of a way to communicate it to SFU without making them sound like they are a backup plan or being disrespectful to the department, especially when they offer me a lot of money.

If anyone would help me with a sample template of email to request a deadline extension or something along the line, it'd be very much appreciated! Thank you so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have emailed two universities (Imperial and UCL) for deadline extensions. At least in the UK, it's a very commonly done thing so there's no need to worry. I just went with something along the lines of "I am still waiting for a decision from other universities. Is it possible to extend the deadline by which I need to respond to this decision as I do not want to make a decision in haste". Last thing they want is uncertainty in their decision replies so I'd be very surprised if they didn't allow you the extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.