UT LBJ 2017

avocado48

10 hours ago, Obecalp said:

For the past several years (something like 7), the LBJ school has given in-state tuition to everyone. The UT system has the second largest endowment of any school in the country. Something like $24 Billion.

Really? I'm surprised that something like that isn't prominently mentioned on the site. I suppose I'll know for certain where I stand when everything's wrapped up and I receive the formal offer letter.

5 hours ago, Ingo93 said:

Really? I'm surprised that something like that isn't prominently mentioned on the site. I suppose I'll know for certain where I stand when everything's wrapped up and I receive the formal offer letter.

They mentioned it at the open house I went to in the fall. I think it's something that is not guaranteed, so they don't put it on the website, but that they've been able to do for a while now.

Has anyone else still not received an admission decision on the MGPS track?

I submitted everything in December, have a solid Undergraduate GPA from a great school and considerable work experience abroad and working here in the U.S. in immigration. I'm really frustrated about not having heard anything, considering that it's almost April. 

Edited by WMK21

Just now, WMK21 said:

Has anyone else still not received an admission decision on the MGPS track?

I submitted everything in December, have a solid Undergraduate GPA from a great school and considerable work experience abroad and working here in the U.S. in immigration. I'm really frustrated about not having heard anything, considering that it's almost April. 

Have you called them? They told me that people who were concerned should really reach out. Something seems wrong here. 

5 hours ago, Obecalp said:

Have you called them? They told me that people who were concerned should really reach out. Something seems wrong here. 

Yeah, and emailed. No real responses. I'm a little baffled. 

9 hours ago, WMK21 said:

That's really strange. I didn't apply until February 18th and I don't think my application was actually complete until either the 24th or 25th of February.

3 hours ago, chipsandqueso said:

Anyone still waiting for a decision?? :wacko:

Hello,

I’m from the admissions office at the LBJ School and I’d like to address your concerns. We apologize for the confusion and frustration as a result of the delays in our admission cycle. If you have not yet received a decision, the Executive Director is offering to speak with you about your concerns. Please call 512-471-4292 to schedule an appointment with Kellie Sauls, OSAA Executive Director. When you call, please reference the Grad Café discussion board.  

In the meantime, all decisions will be released by April 15th.

On 3/30/2017 at 3:48 PM, WMK21 said:

Hello,

I’m from the admissions office at the LBJ School and I’d like to address your concerns. We apologize for the confusion and frustration as a result of the delays in our admission cycle. If you have not yet received a decision, the Executive Director is offering to speak with you about your concerns. Please call 512-471-4292 to schedule an appointment with Kellie Sauls, OSAA Executive Director. When you call, please reference the Grad Café discussion board.  

In the meantime, all decisions will be released by April 15th.