Fall 2017 Waitlist Thread

OptimiscallyAnxious

1 hour ago, eveline said:

@Sjbionia @HopefullyDr I'm right there with you guys. Wait-listed at my #1 and accepted to a decent but not ideal program. I, too, really don't like making the other school wait.  I wish I could know where I am on the wait-list -- is it appropriate to email them (maybe in a week or so, or late March if I haven't heard) to find out more specifically where I rank?  Is that too pushy? 

What scares me is that I know someone currently enrolled in my #1 program who got off wait-list on April 14th :unsure:.  Moreover, my colleague heard from his school that same day too a few years ago.  I'm really hoping that does NOT happen! 

I'm in exactly the same boat. I told my POI that I would wait until April 15th if I had to (or is it 17th this year?) but I feel bad about keeping my current acceptance on hold until then.

2 hours ago, That Research Lady said:

I'm in exactly the same boat. I told my POI that I would wait until April 15th if I had to (or is it 17th this year?) but I feel bad about keeping my current acceptance on hold until then.

This is so tricky! Clearly there are a lot of us who are in this similar mess. I almost wish there was a formal "match" system like internship! 

1 minute ago, eveline said:

This is so tricky! Clearly there are a lot of us who are in this similar mess. I almost wish there was a formal "match" system like internship! 

I've read that the wait list starts moving in mid-March so I'm trying to keep the faith. I can see the ups and downs of making it a match-like system but I certainly agree that the current system leaves room for improvement.

4 hours ago, refreshingmyemail said:

I declined my ucsb counseling offer earlier today. hope this helps someone here! :)

I'm curious but if you don't mind me asking, was it because of the funding?

I'm in a situation right now (different program) where I really like this school, research, students but it's a partially funded program with no future guarantees.

Holding out for 1 fully funded waitlist offer.

On 3/13/2017 at 11:05 PM, Wellbeing said:

I'm curious but if you don't mind me asking, was it because of the funding?

I'm in a situation right now (different program) where I really like this school, research, students but it's a partially funded program with no future guarantees.

Holding out for 1 fully funded waitlist offer.

I'm in the same situation, except I'm holding out on 2 waitlists. I've decided I'm going to go to the partially funded program if I'm not accepted elsewhere because I can handle it financially without taking on any debt. But it's still a lot of money, so I'm really hoping I get accepted off a waitlist.

It seems as though waiting to hear about funding is a common hold up on decision making. I'm not sure if this is this same as previous years but it really seems to be a theme. I, like many others, am still waiting for funding from one of my schools that I was accepted at. I expect that the funding will be better than my other acceptance, but I have no way of knowing for sure so I can't reject the other offer yet. In addition, I am waitlisted at 2 wonderful schools and haven't heard a word. Anyone else finding this to be an issue?

2 hours ago, Necrovex said:

Thus people being called off the wait list begins! Congrats, man! Must be a jubilant feeling for such a random call to occur. :-D 

Absolutely. I was not expecting this and had internally given up a bit of hope. It was a really great surprise, to say the least.

Hi everyone! I declined offers at the following:

Chestnut Hill College - Clinical PsyD

U La Verne - Clinical PsyD

Pace University - School-Clinical Child PsyD

Yeshiva University (Ferkauf) - School-Clinical Child PsyD

Hopefully this helps someone out!

20 hours ago, MyDogHasAPhD said:

I just got accepted into my top choice off the wait list!! There is hope!!!! 

Thank you so much for posting this and congratulations on your top choice acceptance!  I am so happy for you.  I was starting to feel like waitlist acceptances never happen.  Even if it is not the case for me, it is just nice to hear it worked out for someone on a waitlist. :D

Hey everyone, I was recently waitlisted for the University of Hartford PSYD program. Has anyone else been waitlisted for this program and heard if they're giving out some type of ranking for the waitlist? Just wondering how far down I am. Also, has anyone been accepted to Hartford's PSYD program and thinking about declining? Good luck everyone! 

On 3/15/2017 at 7:07 PM, FluffyPancakes said:

Thank you so much for posting this and congratulations on your top choice acceptance!  I am so happy for you.  I was starting to feel like waitlist acceptances never happen.  Even if it is not the case for me, it is just nice to hear it worked out for someone on a waitlist. :D

Thank you so much. I was feeling that way too.. I was so shocked. Best of luck and really, don't give up hope! I have heard from a few people that usually end of March, early April is a big time for wait list offers to start coming through.

18 minutes ago, MyDogHasAPhD said:

Thank you so much. I was feeling that way too.. I was so shocked. Best of luck and really, don't give up hope! I have heard from a few people that usually end of March, early April is a big time for wait list offers to start coming through.

Congratulations! It's heartening to see these offers finally begin to come. It's also pretty amazing having communities of support like these forums as we go through the process.

5 hours ago, MyDogHasAPhD said:

MyDogHasAPhD - Thank you!!!  It is always nice to feel a little validation for holding out hope. :) 

4 hours ago, schizometric said:

Congratulations! It's heartening to see these offers finally begin to come. It's also pretty amazing having communities of support like these forums as we go through the process.

Schizometric - I feel the same way!

Edited by FluffyPancakes