Louisiana Schools

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was accepted into La Tech's Aud program off of the waitlist last week. From what I have been told they are taking only 4 or 5 students in the fall.

On 3/20/2017 at 11:44 PM, futureslp123 said:

Current undergrad at LSU, speaking on what I have seen/ heard being close to this program. We have similar professors in undergrad that also teach in grad school, also alot of our classes are in same building.....LSU BR has a good program! There is a mix of Phd and MA/MS professors and clinical supervisors. They all seem to be hands on and friendly. Class size is usually about 30. Our clinic is nice with lots of small rooms all with cameras for supervisors to watch, nice grad student breakroom. Phd's want students who are interested in research and possibly writing a thesis. Good balance of adult and pediatric clients. The department is in the basement of a building though, so no windows or amazing view- but the LSU campus is beautiful. Baton Rouge is not the most fun city, it has things going on but not as many cool restaurants or things to do as compared to somewhere like New Orleans, Houston etc. This is a big reason why I don't want to go hear for grad school bc I need something different/ want a big city. Don't know too much about clinical placements but there are different opportunities in the city..being the only program in BR there is alot to choose from. IMO the program lacks diversity but is something they are trying to get better at (not sure if this matters to you) 

In terms of funding, a great thing about LSU is that you can get a graduate assitantship in any department on campus pretty much! So you don't have to be a GA in the comd department, you could be in the office of admissions, career center, college of Ag whatever. This typically pays for tuition or gets an instate waiver - only catch is its 20 hrs work a week. Contact department about other scholarships/ tuition waivers, they like out of state students!!

Thank you so much! That was all super helpful. I officially accepted LSU's offer and now I am looking for funding and roommates and what not!