CSUF MSW Fall 2017

les1ie

Hi everyone! 

I'm wondering if anyone has had any updates on their application status? I submitted my application for the Flex program on 1/19/17. I called yesterday to ask what the notification process is like and a woman in the MSW Dept. told me that they "don't know" and that some years it takes a month and some years it takes three months. She did say that the next step would be to get called for an interview.

My Application Status still says "Thank you for applying to Cal State Fullerton.  We have received your application.  No admission decision has been made at this time"

Has anyone (2-year or Flex) heard anything or heard anything different than what she mentioned?

Let me know! 

Hello, I also applied in January. The application status on student portal says "your application file has been sent to the department for graduate review. If you have any questions please contact the department." I haven't heard anything back either though.

Haven't heard anything back either. I only applied to csuf and csudh. I got accepted to csudh but csuf is closer and I finished my bachelor there so I'm hoping for some news soon ...This waiting thing is so annoying lol

I applied to csuf in November so should have heard something by now...

Edited by Maytebravo

15 hours ago, les1ie said:

I got an e-mail yesterday for an interview to take place on Monday! Wish me luck! 

Good luck Leslie! I am really upset because I believe I have a great shot at the program, but I didn't receive an email :( 

All I can hope for now is a second wave of emails that includes me! Does anyone know if they send out a second round of emails?

Edit: I didn't realize you were applying for the flex program, I wonder what the situation is for the full-time program.. perhaps I will call in later today 

Edited by Neeks

8 hours ago, Neeks said:

Good luck Leslie! I am really upset because I believe I have a great shot at the program, but I didn't receive an email :( 

All I can hope for now is a second wave of emails that includes me! Does anyone know if they send out a second round of emails?

Edit: I didn't realize you were applying for the flex program, I wonder what the situation is for the full-time program.. perhaps I will call in later today 

When did you apply? I don't think they're done reviewing them all...

2 minutes ago, C22 said:

When did you apply? I don't think they're done reviewing them all..

I applied sometime in late January. I just called the Social Work department a couple times and didn't get through to anyone, so I had to leave a message 

Hi  everyone I also applied to the MSW flex program but I haven't heard anything back either. I applied January 21st,  my status it says the following: 

"Thank you for applying to Cal State Fullerton.  We have received your application.  No admission decision has been made at this time.  Please click on the 'View All To Do Items' hyperlink for more details." 

Keep us updated on how your interview goes and good luck Leslie ?

I hope you hear something soon I've been checking every day as well ?

16 hours ago, MLA90 said:

Hi  everyone I also applied to the MSW flex program but I haven't heard anything back either. I applied January 21st,  my status it says the following: 

"Thank you for applying to Cal State Fullerton.  We have received your application.  No admission decision has been made at this time.  Please click on the 'View All To Do Items' hyperlink for more details." 

Keep us updated on how your interview goes and good luck Leslie ?

I hope you hear something soon I've been checking every day as well ?

Were all of your recommendation letters submitted by the 21st as well?

yeah, I turned in my 3 letters of recommendation, I actually had to turn my letters in person because for some reason I was not able to send out the online form to my references. 

46 minutes ago, C22 said:

What does your application status say?

Online admission responses for the current term are not being accepted at this time. If you have any questions, contact the Admissions and Records office at (657) 278-7788.

34 minutes ago, C22 said:

Thats for the accept or decline link... If you go to "application status" and then "view detailed information for this application " it should tell u the status of yours..

Your application file has been sent to the department for graduate review.  If you have questions, please contact the department.  Graduate program contact information can be found at http://www.fullerton.edu/graduate/.

Edit: 3:23 PM, just checked my email inbox and found an email from the MSW department saying they uploaded the two physical letters of recommendation that I gave to them when I originally applied. 

Edited by Neeks

1 hour ago, Neeks said:

Your application file has been sent to the department for graduate review.  If you have questions, please contact the department.  Graduate program contact information can be found at http://www.fullerton.edu/graduate/.

Edit: 3:23 PM, just checked my email inbox and found an email from the MSW department saying they uploaded the two physical letters of recommendation that I gave to them when I originally applied. 

It seems like neither of our applications have been reviewed yet.. My status says the same thing.

Hi everyone! 

I want to share with you that I did have the interview on Monday morning at 9am with Kelly Segovia, the Admissions Coordinator for the MSW department. I was surprised that it was not a panel interview. For the most part, the interview was fairly easy. She asked me questions like "Why did you choose social work?" and "What is a population that you think might be difficult to work with" (I said teen moms have been difficult to work with in a parent education setting but shared my reflections about my own biases and expectations and then explained the resources I used to overcome that challenge). She then basically asked me if I had any questions for her and was pretty detailed with me about the timeline for the program. I asked her what she felt she liked best about the program and she said that it was the community that the students form. I told her how much I would value that community too. The whole thing lasted half an hour.

At the end, she ended it with "You should hear from us within a week or probably less than a week." and "We would be really lucky to have you." So, all in all it went very well! and was a great experience. I definitely felt really good leaving and like I got this in the bag However - I have not received an e-mail yet (it's Thursday afternoon) and believe me, I have been checking my application status and refreshing my e-mail profusely since. Nothing is ever certain but I'm keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed that the last couple of things that she said mean an acceptance e-mail is coming. 

22 minutes ago, les1ie said:

Hi everyone! 

I want to share with you that I did have the interview on Monday morning at 9am with Kelly Segovia, the Admissions Coordinator for the MSW department. I was surprised that it was not a panel interview. For the most part, the interview was fairly easy. She asked me questions like "Why did you choose social work?" and "What is a population that you think might be difficult to work with" (I said teen moms have been difficult to work with in a parent education setting but shared my reflections about my own biases and expectations and then explained the resources I used to overcome that challenge). She then basically asked me if I had any questions for her and was pretty detailed with me about the timeline for the program. I asked her what she felt she liked best about the program and she said that it was the community that the students form. I told her how much I would value that community too. The whole thing lasted half an hour.

At the end, she ended it with "You should hear from us within a week or probably less than a week." and "We would be really lucky to have you." So, all in all it went very well! and was a great experience. I definitely felt really good leaving and like I got this in the bag However - I have not received an e-mail yet (it's Thursday afternoon) and believe me, I have been checking my application status and refreshing my e-mail profusely since. Nothing is ever certain but I'm keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed that the last couple of things that she said mean an acceptance e-mail is coming. 

That's awesome!!! Hopefully you hear back soon..I know the waiting part is terrible but I'm sure if you got called for an interview you basically have it in your pocket :) 

Would you mind sharing your stats?

1 hour ago, les1ie said:

Hi everyone! 

Sounds great! Good luck!!