Master's Admissions 2017(MA,MTS, ThM or Mdiv)

Johnny.S

Looks like the wait continues for Union! 

Just now, rheya19 said:

I don't know for certain about every MA student, but the people I knew were getting 50%. And it was generally known that the MDivs were getting much more than the MAs.

As it was explained to me, this is because past MDiv graduates have donated boatloads of money (I guess back in the day you could make money as a preacher?) for the MDiv program in particular, not to the Divinity School as a whole; all this money is used specifically for MDiv students. Again, I can't help more than that, I didn't think to ask about the MA nerds students. (ha?) 

Just now, rheya19 said:

Good luck!

+1!

Just now, ibn daoud said:

Looks like the wait continues for Union! 

As it was explained to me, this is because past MDiv graduates have donated boatloads of money (I guess back in the day you could make money as a preacher?) for the MDiv program in particular, not to the Divinity School as a whole; all this money is used specifically for MDiv students. Again, I can't help more than that, I didn't think to ask about the MA nerds students. (ha?) 

+1!

Yeah, my sense is that a lot of that money comes from or because of the Marties (Martys?). 

On 2/24/2017 at 9:47 PM, Johnny.S said:

Thanks Maya:) Yes, I am the Intl. poster on the results page. I'm in Religion and Modernity subfield. This will be my second Masters.

Ah I was wondering, because I applied there and was hoping we were in different subfields (haha..ha).  I was just notified of acceptance to Duke, so if UC funding doesn't come through (:/) I guess I'll be seeing you! 

According to the Results page, it looks like two more acceptances to Union were sent out via email today -- one M.Div. and one MA. At least that doesn't mean that all the acceptances were sent out on one day. Hoping to hear back tomorrow!

Hi everyone,

I am extremely grateful that someone decided to create this thread, I hope it may serve to alleviate at least a little bit of our shared anxieties. As for me, I have applied to Wake Forest MDiv (Accepted 80% funding), HDS MDiv, Union MDiv, and Vanderbilt MDiv. Does anyone know what weeks I should be expecting to hear back from HDS and Vanderbilt? From what it looks like, Union may be very soon.

5 minutes ago, ExceedinglyCaffeinated said:

Hi everyone,

I am extremely grateful that someone decided to create this thread, I hope it may serve to alleviate at least a little bit of our shared anxieties. As for me, I have applied to Wake Forest MDiv (Accepted 80% funding), HDS MDiv, Union MDiv, and Vanderbilt MDiv. Does anyone know what weeks I should be expecting to hear back from HDS and Vanderbilt? From what it looks like, Union may be very soon.

Congrats on Wake Forest! 

From what I've heard HDS usually releases decisions around March 15. 

I appreciate your note @rheya19 and @ibn daoud . - I am that nerd MA student, what a sad fate is mine, :( ha

8 hours ago, MayaK said:

Ah I was wondering, because I applied there and was hoping we were in different subfields (haha..ha).  I was just notified of acceptance to Duke, so if UC funding doesn't come through (:/) I guess I'll be seeing you! 

Wonderful! I hope to see you at Duke, even I’m crossing my fingers on your UC admission and financial-aids. And I have also received an official funding letter from the Dept. (Duke). Shoot me a PM  if you want to chat more about this (I'm also wondering about yours too :) )

55 minutes ago, avocet said:

According to the Results page, it looks like two more acceptances to Union were sent out via email today -- one M.Div. and one MA. At least that doesn't mean that all the acceptances were sent out on one day. Hoping to hear back tomorrow!

WOW. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Union applicants!

9 minutes ago, Johnny.S said:

WOW. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Union applicants!

Thanks! Tomorrow's my day off, so I'll probably be spending my whole day refreshing my emails haha

12 minutes ago, lurking said:

Got an email from Union this afternoon with an acceptance letter PDF attached! No funding information yet; letter says that will come "in the next few weeks."

Fingers crossed for other Union applicants!

Awesome!! Congrats!

2 hours ago, ExceedinglyCaffeinated said:

Hi everyone,

I heard back from Vandy either on March 15th or the week immediately prior back in 2014. From what I recall, recipients for full rides were notified 1-2 weeks before that so late February, then everyone else afterwards.

3 hours ago, avocet said:

Thanks! Tomorrow's my day off, so I'll probably be spending my whole day refreshing my emails haha

You and me both! I saw that two more acceptances were sent yesterday so I was up at 6 am checking my email... then at 7. and 9....

2 hours ago, lurking said:

Got an email from Union this afternoon with an acceptance letter PDF attached! No funding information yet; letter says that will come "in the next few weeks."

Fingers crossed for other Union applicants!

A thousand congratulations! Very excited one of those acceptances was you.

1 hour ago, ExceedinglyCaffeinated said:

Huge congratulations!! Any word on funding yet?

Thank you! The funding from the religion department covers 40% of tuition.