Hey Everyone! 

I haven't been able to find a thread for uoft ischool so I thought I would just start it here. I haven't heard back yet, I applied on January 31st for the program as well as OGS, I was wondering if anyone has found out if they have been accepted or rejected yet? I know they told us we would hear by the 3rd, but with that approaching so quickly I just thought it would be useful to have this forum. Best of luck to everyone! Thanks in advance for the responses! 

I applied in November and haven't heard back yet either, no one I know has either. I saw one person on this site say that they got a package in the mail, but online it still said under review.  Hopefully we all hear some positive responses tomorrow!  

Hey! Also an iSchool applicant. Super bummed that the March 3rd deadline for early applicants just came and went...

I applied back in October so I've been stewing anxiously since then haha

Hey! 
I also applied from Montreal! Which university are you coming from??

I applied just a few days before the early deadline and havent heard back. I contacted the department yesterday afternoon and based on my understanding the March 3rd deadline was an approximation. They have not yet reviewed all the applicants. The woman I spoke with was really nice and said she would make a note next to my application saying I needed a response as soon as possible... You guys should definitely send the admissions office an email if you're concerned with time.

My assumption is most of us will hear within the next couple of weeks. 

7 hours ago, frannyt said:

Hey! 
I also applied from Montreal! Which university are you coming from??

I applied just a few days before the early deadline and havent heard back. I contacted the department yesterday afternoon and based on my understanding the March 3rd deadline was an approximation. They have not yet reviewed all the applicants. The woman I spoke with was really nice and said she would make a note next to my application saying I needed a response as soon as possible... You guys should definitely send the admissions office an email if you're concerned with time.

My assumption is most of us will hear within the next couple of weeks. 

Hi! I'm coming from Concordia :) how about you? I also applied to the Master of Information at McGill!

Yeab I sent them an email a couple of days ago and got the exact same response! Apparently my application is still under review as well, hopefully our responses will come in soon...

I have no idea how to directly reply so I'll answer here... @gabiaconetti

I'm coming from McGill! Whats your undergrad in?? UofT is the only school I've applied to... pretty much the only place I want to go. What's your preference of the two??

1 hour ago, frannyt said:

I have no idea how to directly reply so I'll answer here... @gabiaconetti

I'm coming from McGill! Whats your undergrad in?? UofT is the only school I've applied to... pretty much the only place I want to go. What's your preference of the two??

My undergrad is in Classics and History! You? Honestly I'd rather McGill just because I would rather stay here in Montreal, but I figured I'd play it safe and apply to a few schools! 

Hey Everyone! :)

I also got my acceptance via email on March 3rd, but all it said was that I have a conditional offer and the details would be relayed through my acceptance package that will arrive via postal service, which i'm still waiting on. @frannyt is this the same for you? Also does anyone know when we'll find out about OGS?

Hey!!

@nsini My offer just says that I have to complete my degree with a mid b average (so like dont fail a class basically) as a condition. The same as every standard offer of admission I've seen!! They also said I would be getting the information in the email, but I didn't get that yet. They attached all the documents I need though (for a deposit and confirmation), I think maybe because I'm from out of province.

Did you get an email about the meet and greet? I'm going to try and go! Let me know if you are maybe we could meet up during the refreshment portion or something! 

I had applied in January, and got an admit in February itself. You might want to chase the iSchool's admission adviser(s). I had quite a few questions regarding my admission and they helped alot.

On 3/8/2017 at 8:46 AM, gabiaconetti said:

Hi! I'm coming from Concordia :) how about you? I also applied to the Master of Information at McGill!

Yeab I sent them an email a couple of days ago and got the exact same response! Apparently my application is still under review as well, hopefully our responses will come in soon...

@gabiaconetti Did you receive an admit from McGill ? I am waiting on the same as of now. Also, I was wondering which one would be better as there are mixed reviews for both the universities. Which one are you considering ?

Edited by Legacy23

@nsini Basically its like an info session about registration and financial stuff with a meet and greet with other students (new and already attending) at the end. Nothing fancy! You can probably email the admissions office and get the info.

14 hours ago, M.gooseberry said:

any international applicant following this thread? I wonder if they have even started dealing with international students' files yet.....

Yep. I got an admit about 2 weeks ago. I had requested for an early consideration.

On 2017-03-13 at 5:08 AM, Legacy23 said:

@gabiaconetti Did you receive an admit from McGill ? I am waiting on the same as of now. Also, I was wondering which one would be better as there are mixed reviews for both the universities. Which one are you considering ?

Hi! I haven't received an admit from McGill (yet?) but the admissions coordinator told me they already sent out about 100 offers so I don't know if it's looking too good...she said they'll probably be sending out about 50 more in April but idk. McGill is my first choice because I would like to stay in Montreal! You?

7 minutes ago, gabiaconetti said:

Hi! I haven't received an admit from McGill (yet?) but the admissions coordinator told me they already sent out about 100 offers so I don't know if it's looking too good...she said they'll probably be sending out about 50 more in April but idk. McGill is my first choice because I would like to stay in Montreal! You?

I sent them a couple of follow ups and got similar replies, which is why I am a bit paranoid about the admit at Mcgill. Anyway, I was considering McGill as my first choice too , but it turns out the companies there prefer people who are bilingual since Montreal is essentially french-dominant. Is that true?

On 3/19/2017 at 0:09 AM, Legacy23 said:

Yep. I got an admit about 2 weeks ago. I had requested for an early consideration.

hey! May I ask what's your rational for an early consideration? I emailed them asking if I could get the result before last Wednesday because I had to decide whether to take my second choice offer, the women (Andrea) was very kind and she forwarded my email to the admissions committee, but I think they simply ignored it....

Hey everyone! I got my acceptance package in the mail in late February and will be attending the April 1 meet and greet. So excited to see others in the MI program here.

@Legacy23 As someone who was born and raised in Montreal, I can confirm it will be much more difficult finding a job if you do not speak French (though not entirely impossible). Probably depends on the company though and how much you are dealing with public or other Montreal companies.  

@Spzr hey! I'll also be attending the meet and greet (: are you currently living in toronto? Any recommendations on decent living areas? I've started my apartment hunting.

Did anyone else apply to archives and records management or culture and technology? Those are the two streams I'm following!!