1 hour ago, Taylomac said:

Hey Guys, 

Has anyone heard anything about awards or funding yet? I feel like I saw someone mention that they said at the meet and greet that they would be announcing those decisions this week but I could be making that up...

Hi @Taylomac I'm waiting too, let me know if you hear anything!  (also, they did say "next week" which would be this week, but with the number of applications it could be changed to closer to the end of the month I would guess :) ) 

Edited by francescak

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 9:06 AM, Legacy23 said:

Does anyone know if 2 concentrations (ISD and KMIM) would be too hard to squeeze in along with co-op? Or is it do-able?

It's totally doable, I was considering doing this myself. Only thing is you have to plan for your courses carefully because you won't have many spare credits. 

Hey for anyone asking about funding, I heard from a friend who emailed the department that first offers for funding went out last week. Any chance of second offers depends on whether or not someone rejects an offer from the school at this point. 

@frannyt Do you know if they sent them out by mail or email? I dont know about anyone else, but I didnt really get an 'official' email when I got accepted, so I was just wondering if they are also sending it out via mail.

6 hours ago, Taylorski said:

@frannyt Do you know if they sent them out by mail or email? I dont know about anyone else, but I didnt really get an 'official' email when I got accepted, so I was just wondering if they are also sending it out via mail.

I'm not really sure. I assume they would have done it by email. You can always message Andrea. She gave my friend a lot of information about it. 

Hi guys,

I haven't heard from the ischool. I am losing hope by the minute. I submitted my application in Feb. Do you guys know if they send out rejection letters or after a while do we have to assume that we are not selected? I am asking this because so far the ischool has been extremely unprofessional.

So I don't think they will waste time to inform the rejected students .... :(

Sorry about the rant!!! Don't mind to offend anyone.

@dobby_wesealy I feel you. I actually applied quite late around March, but my professor only submitted the letter on 12th of April. I have some background in UXD but I am afraid that the fact that I applied late will significantly impact my chances of entry. 

All the best to you! :) 

On 4/27/2017 at 7:26 PM, Gudetama123 said:

@dobby_wesealy I feel you. I actually applied quite late around March, but my professor only submitted the letter on 12th of April. I have some background in UXD but I am afraid that the fact that I applied late will significantly impact my chances of entry. 

All the best to you! :) 

All the best to you too. :)

I recently did a boot camp course in UX design. I am currently working on developing my portfolio. 

@dobby_wesealy I see, thats nice. Are you planning to do co-op? There are not many option available for international students in terms of funding that I know of. doesn't help that the fees are so expensive so doing some work will at least off set the living costs. 

Btw I emailed Andrea yesterday, maybe you can try emailing her again. She forwarded my mail to the committee. 

On 4/29/2017 at 4:24 PM, Gudetama123 said:

@dobby_wesealy I see, thats nice. Are you planning to do co-op? There are not many option available for international students in terms of funding that I know of. doesn't help that the fees are so expensive so doing some work will at least off set the living costs. 

Btw I emailed Andrea yesterday, maybe you can try emailing her again. She forwarded my mail to the committee. 

@Gudetama123 Hey how are you? Yes, I'd love to be considered for the co-op opportunities, I know the co-op's positions would be highly competitive so I want to be prepared in advance.  I have written to Andrea a couple of times since Feb 2017. The problem is I haven't applied anywhere else so I can't request her to expedite the process.

All the best with your application.  

@dobby_wesealy I am fine, thank you so much! :) Hope you get a reply too. For me it's not the school application but my workplace. I got to renew my contract in advance with my firm but I have applied to grad school so I am in a hurry to know the results to determine if I want to sign on another year. I heard that they rank school grades over work experience which kinda suck haha. 

Well it's already May so hopefully they will tell us soon. No worries I also just applied to only this school. It's really all or nothing ain't it? 

I applied around late November and after several emails to Andrea, I was initially told that I was waitlisted. (That was 2 weeks ago). 

Last week, I had to email them again for them to tell me a decision was made and I was rejected, even though I was also in a hurry since I am a full-time employee.

I surprised at how unprofessional they are honestly, all that wait for nothing. I also have 2 years of ICT consulting experience and a 3.5 GPA with extra courses in information systems.

However, I did get my acceptance from McGill yesterday. So that's good

3 hours ago, Nick.lb said:

I applied around late November and after several emails to Andrea, I was initially told that I was waitlisted. (That was 2 weeks ago). 

Last week, I had to email them again for them to tell me a decision was made and I was rejected, even though I was also in a hurry since I am a full-time employee.

I surprised at how unprofessional they are honestly, all that wait for nothing. I also have 2 years of ICT consulting experience and a 3.5 GPA with extra courses in information systems.

However, I did get my acceptance from McGill yesterday. So that's good

@Nick.lb

Oh man. Seems like its really tough this year isn't it. Are you local or international? Congrats on your acceptance :)

For those of you on waitlist, just wanted to let you know that there are people who have offers they're sitting on. Was given 4 weeks to decide on my acceptance, but I'm trying to determine whether I want to be in Toronto or Montreal (McGill). :/

Anyway, I've been in agonizing waits for other application cycles, so I just wanted to let people know that there might be more waitlist movement than anticipated, if they're basing it on acceptances sent out, not just confirmed acceptances.

Lol I feel kinda bad about my rant earlier... I finally decided to email Andrea and she told me a decision was just made today and that I've been accepted! I'm so so happy! My ROSI/ACORN have not yet updated, so gonna wait until I recieve the official letter. For those of you waiting, I suggest you make sure to email Andrea if you haven't already done so. She will tell you the status of your application. 

12 hours ago, Sam.E said:

Lol I feel kinda bad about my rant earlier... I finally decided to email Andrea and she told me a decision was just made today and that I've been accepted! I'm so so happy! My ROSI/ACORN have not yet updated, so gonna wait until I recieve the official letter. For those of you waiting, I suggest you make sure to email Andrea if you haven't already done so. She will tell you the status of your application. 

Congratulations! What was your GPA and work experience like?!

On 5/4/2017 at 2:00 PM, Anonymous2 said:

Congratulations! What was your GPA and work experience like?!

Thanks! I graduated with a psych degree and lots of research experience from undergrad. 3.7 or so GPA. Work experience was kinda irrelevant, just worked with special needs kids which I connected to UXD. I think it was my personal statement that sold me because I spent a whole month on it, versus a week when applying to U of T in past years.

I couldn't find a Facebook group specific to the Masters of Information, so I am going to create one. Can I have someone's email address so I can create it?

On 5/6/2017 at 7:37 AM, Sam.E said:

I couldn't find a Facebook group specific to the Masters of Information, so I am going to create one. Can I have someone's email address so I can create it?

Hey Sam! Congratulations on your offer! I'm also going for the UXD concentration. My email address is mengxuzhao@outlook.com