Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey Everyone, a little late to the party...I applied in January and was notified last month that I am on the waitlist. Admissions asked for my final transcript which I hope is a good sign! Hoping to hear back soon about the outcome of my application. UofT is my first choice! I feel like this program was made for me! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Everyone!    I haven't been able to find a thread for uoft ischool so I thought I would just start it here. I haven't heard back yet, I applied on January 31st for the program as well as

Hi everyone!!! I just got the offer email from the ischool!!! I am going for the UXD concentration and I'm from China. Do we have a fb group or something?

hey Im going for the UX concentration!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Anonymous24 said:

Hi everyone,

For those who have been accepted, have you guys received both email and snail mail? I recently got accepted, and have only received an email acceptance.

Cheers

I received an email on the 4th of May and still no physical mail. Not much other information either from the school. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

Need a little help here. I also applied to UofT in February 1st, 2017 and still haven't received a decision yet. In my UofT account, it says "Decision made" and nothing else.? Will I receive the decision via post or email? Should I write to them asking the status of my application?Or should I just wait? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Edward40hands said:

Hi Guys,

Need a little help here. I also applied to UofT in February 1st, 2017 and still haven't received a decision yet. In my UofT account, it says "Decision made" and nothing else.? Will I receive the decision via post or email? Should I write to them asking the status of my application?Or should I just wait? 

Try emailing them to check and make sure so you know the status of your application.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:07 PM, Amapyjama said:

Hi all. I'm on student council at the ischool if you have any questions :)

Hi Amapyjama, do you have an idea of when they will post the fall class schedule?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2017 at 9:50 PM, M.gooseberry said:

any international applicant following this thread? I wonder if they have even started dealing with international students' files yet.....

Hello,

I'm Chinese too. Did you get accepted? If yes, maybe we can exchange wechat!!:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2017 at 3:31 AM, Legacy23 said:

Thanks for the help. I did a bit of research at my end , and I think I am gonna go with UofT . I really suck at learning a new language and it'd suck to not get a job after masters cause of the language criteria haha so yeah.

And for the stats - I had a 4.0 GPA in my undergrad and close to 1 year experience as a Consultant. But I have some friends who got acceptance with a much lower gpa and no experience, cause their SOP was pretty good (atleast that's what they say). One of my friends got a reject from UofT last year , but got admitted to UT,Austin. So you never really know what is it that they consider.

Have you tried reaching out to the admissions counselor (Andrea). She is quite helpful and almost always replies on the same day. Let me know if you need her email address.

Hello, wow your GPA is really impressive. I had half year consultant internship experience in US. What is your concentration?

 

Anyone know which school is better, Mcgill MI and UofT MI? I received both offers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2017 at 10:42 AM, dobby_wesealy said:

I submitted my application in Feb. Currently there are very few UX programs in the world, most of them are in the US. Over the past 2 years, I prepared really hard to apply to the schools in the US but then Trump happened. Canada has only 3 grad programs in UX UToronto has one, UniCarleton has two programs.

Hi, did you get accepted in UofT. I'm very interested in UXD too. I did my undergrad in US, then Trump came. I received some offers from US too but still hesitate should I stay in US or Canada. Based on your research, do you think UofT offers great HCI/UXD studies? Not sure UofT will invite Google or other Big 4 for career fair. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2017 at 7:37 PM, Sam.E said:

I couldn't find a Facebook group specific to the Masters of Information, so I am going to create one. Can I have someone's email address so I can create it?

Hi Sam,

Congrats! My email address is itsjesmiu@gmail.com. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2017 at 2:04 AM, itsjesmiu said:

Hello, did you accept the offer? Where are you from?

Hi, Yes I did! I am still deciding between ISD and KMIM as of now. 

I've done a fair amount of research regarding Mcgill's MI course vs UofT's before finally picking one, and I would definitely suggest you to choose UofT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2017-6-20 at 4:32 AM, itsjesmiu said:

Hello,

I'm Chinese too. Did you get accepted? If yes, maybe we can exchange wechat!!:)

@itsjesmiu Hey, I am also from China and i have already linked up with gooseberry :) Maybe we can chat more on FB. Both of us are doing the UXD concentration. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/4/2017 at 4:06 PM, ShellyShell said:

Hey! I'm applying this year and was wondering how many people are usually accepted to Toronto and Western?

My best friend and I vaguely recall one of the admissions officers at UofT saying they accept ~200 applicants each year, but I'm not positive. Unfortunately, we have no information on Western's admission numbers.

 

My last reference finally submitted to UofT and Western yesterday, so now the real waiting game begins! The anxiety is already building :o

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I applied to the PhD program but haven't heard back yet.  I was accepted to my 2nd choice and need to give them a decision by March 15th which is stressful when I don't know U of T's decision.

I saw a PhD admission from last week on the results page.  Anybody else hear anything?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2018 at 3:29 PM, displaynamesarehard said:

I applied to the PhD program but haven't heard back yet.  I was accepted to my 2nd choice and need to give them a decision by March 15th which is stressful when I don't know U of T's decision.

I saw a PhD admission from last week on the results page.  Anybody else hear anything?

I'm in a similar situation! I'm hoping to hear back from them soon. Please let me know if the admin people email you back! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2018 at 3:35 PM, A2018 said:

I'm in a similar situation! I'm hoping to hear back from them soon. Please let me know if the admin people email you back! 

So I got a reply.  He said that the committee hasn't made all of their decisions yet and my application is still being reviewed, but they're meeting again this Thursday.  So if they make a decision on your application this Thursday those will be communicated either Friday or early next week. (I'm guessing in February they sent out offers to the clear candidates and now they're going back to sort through the ones they were unsure of, or maybe they just decide on applications as they go and we're just further down the list.  My last name is towards the end of the alphabet lol, who knows)

So definitely still hope!

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, displaynamesarehard said:

So I got a reply.  He said that the committee hasn't made all of their decisions yet and my application is still being reviewed, but they're meeting again this Thursday.  So if they make a decision on your application this Thursday those will be communicated either Friday or early next week. (I'm guessing in February they sent out offers to the clear candidates and now they're going back to sort through the ones they were unsure of, or maybe they just decide on applications as they go and we're just further down the list.  My last name is towards the end of the alphabet lol, who knows)

So definitely still hope!

I don't even know anyone who already got accepted aside from the one person on the Result page lol Thank you very much for the update! At least there's now a timeline to look forward to :) 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.