Stony Brook University

Gee_

34 minutes ago, AdeMSW said:

I apply to Stony Brook, but still waiting for a decision.

They started sending notifications. Will you attend if you get in?

1 hour ago, AdeMSW said:

I may go, but I also go accepted to Fordham and still waiting for Lehman College.

I was accepted to Fordham too but I think I'll decline. That was my back up school. Lehman is great. As a matter of fact, that's where I got my BSW so I guess I'm being bias lol. 

I finally heard from Stony brook and I was accepted!!!!! 

3 hours ago, AdeMSW said:

Yayyy Congratulation, I am so happy for you. I hope I get accepted too!

Thank you! Best of luck to you too. Keeps us posted. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon. 

12 hours ago, Gee_ said:

I was accepted to Fordham too but I think I'll decline. That was my back up school. Lehman is great. As a matter of fact, that's where I got my BSW so I guess I'm being bias lol. 

I finally heard from Stony brook and I was accepted!!!!! 

Hi Gee and Ade, I submitted my application on Feb. 1 but my third letter-writer didn't submit their letter of rec. until Feb. 18...would you mind telling me when you both applied? I realize the due date was 2 days ago so I suppose I shouldn't be too upset about not hearing yet:D but SBU's program is DEF. my top-choice...agh...thanks for your input!

1 hour ago, clinical_hopeful_2017 said:

Hi Gee and Ade, I submitted my application on Feb. 1 but my third letter-writer didn't submit their letter of rec. until Feb. 18...would you mind telling me when you both applied? I realize the due date was 2 days ago so I suppose I shouldn't be too upset about not hearing yet:D but SBU's program is DEF. my top-choice...agh...thanks for your input!

Hi there, I submitted my application on January 11th. All supporting documents were submitted on January 19th, except for one letter of recommendation which was sent by my recommender until February 27th. A day or two after their March 1st deadline i received their e-mail. Clinicaly_hopeful, did you apply to the LI or Manhattan location? 

Best of luck,

- Gee

39 minutes ago, Gee_ said:

Hi there, I submitted my application on January 11th. All supporting documents were submitted on January 19th, except for one letter of recommendation which was sent by my recommender until February 27th. A day or two after their March 1st deadline i received their e-mail. Clinicaly_hopeful, did you apply to the LI or Manhattan location? 

Best of luck,

- Gee

Gee, thank you for your response! It seems like it took them about 1.5 months to get back to you, but must've reviewed your app quickly after that last person sent their letter in...or, they had already reviewed your app, knew they liked you, but wanted to make sure that third letter was in! 

I only applied to the LI location, where did you apply?

Thank you again for your help!!!!

12 minutes ago, clinical_hopeful_2017 said:

Gee, thank you for your response! It seems like it took them about 1.5 months to get back to you, but must've reviewed your app quickly after that last person sent their letter in...or, they had already reviewed your app, knew they liked you, but wanted to make sure that third letter was in! 

I only applied to the LI location, where did you apply?

Thank you again for your help!!!!

True. You're absolutely right. I applied to the Manhattan location since I live in the Bronx. & you're welcome! I'm glad I made this thread. Let us know when you get a notification :)

25 minutes ago, Gee_ said:

True. You're absolutely right. I applied to the Manhattan location since I live in the Bronx. & you're welcome! I'm glad I made this thread. Let us know when you get a notification :)

Oh wow, okay! I definitely considered applying to Manhattan campus too...but yes, I'm glad you made this thread too!! I will definitely reply here if I am notified. Thanks again for your input!!

1 minute ago, clinical_hopeful_2017 said:

Oh wow, okay! I definitely considered applying to Manhattan campus too...but yes, I'm glad you made this thread too!! I will definitely reply here if I am notified. Thanks again for your input!!

Anytime! 

8 minutes ago, AdeMSW said:

Hey everyone, I am getting very nervous still haven't heard anything from Stony Brook yet...:unsure:

Hi AdeMSW, have you call the? So far they seem to be very good at answering questions and if no one is available to talk to you they actually call back. At least that has been my experience. I called SBU a few days ago around this time so I suggest you called now which is early and most likely everyone should be there. 

26 minutes ago, AdeMSW said:

I still haven't heard anything fro SBU yet. My anxiety is super high

Have you called them? I can't wait until all of this is over. So stressful! 

Hello , everyone

I am waiting for a response as well, but i was told that the deadline was extended until April 1 , 2017, but they are notifying applicants from now until May. That is what a friend told me, when she contacted them this morning.

Hello , everyone

I am waiting for a response as well, but i was told that the deadline was extended until April 1 , 2017, but they are notifying applicants from now until May. That is what a friend told me, when she contacted them this morning.

21 minutes ago, Gee_ said:

Have you called them? I can't wait until all of this is over. So stressful! 

I just called and they said that my application is under review right. The lady stated hopefully I should hear something soon. I need this to be over now