What Schools Are You Waiting On!?

17 minutes ago, wldnjwid said:

Has anyone heard from CSU Fullerton?

Word is that they will start calling people either next week or the week after. This apparently was from Dr. Tsao herself, so we'll see!

9 hours ago, Elska said:

Word is that they will start calling people either next week or the week after. This apparently was from Dr. Tsao herself, so we'll see!

Thanks!  Are there no interviews at Fullerton anymore?

17 minutes ago, SLPsingballs said:

Thanks!  Are there no interviews at Fullerton anymore?

As of now. I wouldn't be surprised if they brought them back though in the coming cycles...they've been getting A TON of apps.  

I'm still waiting on Utah, Northern Colorado, Delaware, UMass Amherst, and Western Washington. The only program I've heard from so far was Portland State, and was rejected. Really feeling anxious about the remaining 5 because of that. My degree is in a different field, and I didn't have the best GPA since I was never sure what I wanted to major in. I've been taking pre-reqs for the last 3 semesters(GPA of 3.7 over that time), and have been able to strengthen my last 60. I have some strong LOR(1 is on the Board of Directors for ASHA!!), plenty of volunteer hours with an SLP, and alright GRE scores (V-151, Q-154, AW-4). Still, I can't shake the feeling it won't be enough. Hopefully I hear from the rest soon so I don't drive myself crazy.

Edited by bmyles

I got an email with the subject "WSU Graduate Application" and I freaked out!!! It was just an email from the financial aid department letting me know that my application was received and that I should be hearing from them in the next two weeks -.- I JUST WANT TO KNOW ALREADY

17 minutes ago, K8eCastle said:

I got an email with the subject "WSU Graduate Application" and I freaked out!!! It was just an email from the financial aid department letting me know that my application was received and that I should be hearing from them in the next two weeks -.- I JUST WANT TO KNOW ALREADY

WSU as in Wichita State or Washington State?

Does anyone know what's going on with Ohio State's second wave? In the results search people are saying that they aren't sending anything else out until mid-April. But has anyone gotten a rejection? That's kind of shitty of the program to not send out waitlist letters or rejections until decision week- and I go here for undergrad.

Also waiting on Kent State which would honestly be great because the tuition is so low.

@zurako Check your portal! I just checked mine and it says I was admitted... yesterday haha. I guess not checking obsessively for a day actually paid off. Weird that they didn't send out an email or anything, I may call them today to ask about any funding but not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, bmyles said:

I'm still waiting on Utah, Northern Colorado, Delaware, UMass Amherst, and Western Washington. The only program I've heard from so far was Portland State, and was rejected. Really feeling anxious about the remaining 5 because of that. My degree is in a different field, and I didn't have the best GPA since I was never sure what I wanted to major in. I've been taking pre-reqs for the last 3 semesters(GPA of 3.7 over that time), and have been able to strengthen my last 60. I have some strong LOR(1 is on the Board of Directors for ASHA!!), plenty of volunteer hours with an SLP, and alright GRE scores (V-151, Q-154, AW-4). Still, I can't shake the feeling it won't be enough. Hopefully I hear from the rest soon so I don't drive myself crazy.

Western Washington's website says they won't start telling people until next Friday.

24 minutes ago, ElKel87 said:

@zurako Check your portal! I just checked mine and it says I was admitted... yesterday haha. I guess not checking obsessively for a day actually paid off. Weird that they didn't send out an email or anything, I may call them today to ask about any funding but not holding my breath.

Congrats! My portal still says "incomplete" because the admissions director is out of the office and hasn't seen my GRE report yet... Oh well. 

Did you get your financial aid package from NYU yet? I was surprised I actually got 10k scholarship... *tears of joy* It's still crazy expensive but getting the money does make me feel more comfortable should I decide to attend.

@zurako Bummer about incomplete at LIU but CONGRATS on the funding at NYU - that's awesome! Those two aren't too far apart in price, right (especially with $10k at NYU)? 

Nope, I haven't received my NYU financial aid package yet. I saw your post on the results page about funding and was thinking about calling them today to ask about that and how many more prerequisites I'll need to take. I'm not sure if the online courses I took at Northwestern will count or not and I want to get a full picture of what I'll need to pay for the program before I commit or decline.

I saw you also got accepted into the Adelphi Manhattan Center (congrats again!). Is that the one that's Sundays only? I didn't apply there but I remember researching it and was just curious.

@ElKel87 They are about the same price, but I would much rather go to NYU especially with the scholarship.

I saw that result too but it actually wasn't from me so NYU must be surprisingly generous and giving money to multiple people :P The online courses should count for pre-reqs as long as they cover the same material, but I feel like NYU's list of pre-reqs is confusing because they sometimes combine two subjects into one requirement. Let me know how your call goes!

As far as I know, classes are on Sundays at Varick St, but you have to go to GC a few days a week for practicum.

I have been accepted to Radford University!!!  This is my first acceptance, and I am beyond thrilled!!!  I'm still waiting to hear from many schools, as this would be a huge move for my family, but WOW!!!!  YAY!!!  I get to show my girls that I can achieve my dreams if I try hard enough. 

I'm still waiting on loma linda (interviewed), CSULA (interviewed), CSUF, CSUN, Redlands and NYU online.

I know CSULA just made decisions on Tuesday and they're sending out decisions by mail. I heard loma linda was going to let us know by today but idk how accurate that information is, Redlands is gonna let us know by mail by April  1, and the others hopefully end of March.  I'm dying over here!!! 

I'm still waiting on Ball State, Idaho State University- Pocatello, Washington State University, & MSU-Moorhead.. this is taking foreverrrr! 

- Does anyone know when MSUM is sending out the second wave of interviews or if this length of time is just in anticipation of a "no" :wacko:

@zurako Definitely agree! NYU seems like a much better program. I spoke to LIU and they said a letter was mailed with more details and next steps so we'll see.

I also spoke with NYU. Good thing I called because apparently they were missing my social security number (even though I filed my FAFSA back in November) so my award info was on hold. Now that it's back in the queue they said I should receive my financial aid package in the next few business days. I asked about prerequisites, too. They told me they'd need to set me up with an academic adviser first and they can't do that until I put down the $500 deposit. Such a joke, I need to pay $500 before they'll tell me how many more classes I need to take? Those prerequisites could add an additional $40k to the total program cost! In my experience, most schools tell you what prerequisites you have left when they send your admissions letter. After all, they did review my transcripts as part of my application and that amount of money could make or break my final decision.

Anyway, sorry for the rant - this process has been so stressful and expensive! 

14 minutes ago, LP-SLP said:

I'm still waiting on loma linda (interviewed), CSULA (interviewed), CSUF, CSUN, Redlands and NYU online.

I know CSULA just made decisions on Tuesday and they're sending out decisions by mail. I heard loma linda was going to let us know by today but idk how accurate that information is, Redlands is gonna let us know by mail by April  1, and the others hopefully end of March.  I'm dying over here!!! 

Thanks for the heads up about Redlands- I'd been wondering about that school since I haven't received any emails, and there was no portal! I've feverishly refreshed the results page, but it did not seem as if an interview was part of the admissions process? 

55 minutes ago, jmk said:

Thanks for the heads up about Redlands- I'd been wondering about that school since I haven't received any emails, and there was no portal! I've feverishly refreshed the results page, but it did not seem as if an interview was part of the admissions process? 

No, they don't do interviews, we just have to wait for the letter haha. It's so frustrating!!