SSRHC 2017/2018 - CGS-M

Adelaide9216

2 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Can I reapply next year for my second year of study at the MSW?

If it is a two year program, yes. 

Anecdotally, my friends who have gone to McGill (PoliSci and History) both applied and ultimately got SSHRC, but were only successful once they were in the second year of their program. I think with two year programs, departments tend to prioritize second year students. 

40 minutes ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I guess I am going to stay up all night tonight to check the results. Who else?

Yup. I'm out west, so hopefully the postings end up 12:00AM EST. 

10 minutes ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Yes, and worst case scenario, I reapply next year. And I have greater chances to get it next year. 

I'll cross my fingers for you

4 hours ago, Saiyph said:

Yup. I'm out west, so hopefully the postings end up 12:00AM EST. 

It should be 12:00AM EST so less than 1.5 hours left!! Also to Adelaide9216, it is possible to be waitlisted!! For those that applied to multiple schools and reject offers then these will be re-distributed to students. However, I am not sure if it says whether you are waitlisted on the site or if you need to ask the university. 

2 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Thank you :)

16 minutes ago, Adelaide9216 said:

OMG! Two universities offered me the scholarship including the one I'll be attending! So surprised!!!!

Great job congrats

I'm an alternate for the University I'm going to attend. Hopefully I will move up. Anyone know if there is any conceivable way to know where you are on the list?

Offered for MA political science at McGill, Toronto, and UBC – will be declining to go overseas, however, so keep watching if you're an alternate!

Edited by rjkingston

I was offered CGS-M at one university and alternate at 2 others. Unfortunately, the university I'm attending only put me as an alternate. Final decision on admission has been made so I can't change the past anymore, really hope that I can move up.

A lot of alternates move up! I got offered the award at all my schools and will obviously only accept 1, so 2 will be given to alternates! I have also been told you can ask where you are on the list as well so you can get an idea of whether you will end up getting funding in the end! Fingers crossed it works out!

1 hour ago, RBspkRuP said:

A lot of alternates move up! I got offered the award at all my schools and will obviously only accept 1, so 2 will be given to alternates! I have also been told you can ask where you are on the list as well so you can get an idea of whether you will end up getting funding in the end! Fingers crossed it works out!

Thank you for this info. I came in here to ask what the chances really are for alternates. I'm wait-listed at 3 universities - got offered SSHRC at one that I sort of regret applying to and don't really want to attend (and haven't even interviewed there yet!), and alternates at the other two that I am interested in attending. The whole process is just really odd.