SSRHC 2017/2018 - CGS-M

Adelaide9216

45 minutes ago, rgood said:

To anyone waiting on Concordia - my contact said they should do both rolling and as it comes awarding, I'm still waiting at #2 so will update if anything changes.

Thanks for the update! Also, you got an offer for sure! I was waiting for my offer in order to actually get an acceptance from Concordia for my program (the supervisor would only take me if I had an award secured) and I've been accepted not long ago, along with getting a SSHRC (but didn't get the official offer of SSHRC through the portal yet)! And I was way further away on the list than you. So you're probably good :) 

Edited by Neposydko

1 hour ago, Neposydko said:

Thanks for the update! Also, you got an offer for sure! I was waiting for my offer in order to actually get an acceptance from Concordia for my program (the supervisor would only take me if I had an award secured) and I've been accepted not long ago, along with getting a SSHRC (but didn't get the official offer of SSHRC through the portal yet)! And I was way further away on the list than you. So you're probably good :) 

Hi there! Congrats on your admission and SSHRC award! Just wondering what # you were on the list for funding? I'm also at Concordia so it might give me an idae of the likelihood of receiving funding this year... :) 

7 minutes ago, summerlee said:

Hi there! Congrats on your admission and SSHRC award! Just wondering what # you were on the list for funding? I'm also at Concordia so it might give me an idae of the likelihood of receiving funding this year... :) 

I was told I was 12th when I contacted them, but I'm not sure whether that was in the original list, or after I had already moved a bit because of people declining their offers over the week-end. Hope you get an offer as well! :) 

Edited by Neposydko

3 minutes ago, Neposydko said:

I was told I was 12th when I contacted them, but I'm not sure whether that was in the original list, or after I had already moved a bit because of people declining their offers over the week-end. Hope you get an offer as well! :) 

Wonderful! Thanks for the info :) I e-mailed on April 1st and was told I was 21st on the list.. I will probably ask again out of curiosity after the deadline to accept/decline. Let us know if/when your status changes in the portal please!

32 minutes ago, summerlee said:

Wonderful! Thanks for the info :) I e-mailed on April 1st and was told I was 21st on the list.. I will probably ask again out of curiosity after the deadline to accept/decline. Let us know if/when your status changes in the portal please!

That's about when I e-mailed as well. I'll let you know for sure! :D 

20 hours ago, Neposydko said:

Woo ! - Fingers Crossed for Friday!

On 4/18/2017 at 9:50 AM, BIGAPPLEJUICE said:

Anyone know what position they are at UofT on the list? Does UofT give that info out? The uncertainty of life is killing me..

I recieved the following email from U of T's awards office:

"While SGS policy is to not provide students with exact rankings, I can provide you with your approximate location on the alternate list, and compare that to last year’s odds of receiving the award.

You are approximately in the middle of the “alternate” list. Currently, we have extended offers to approximately a third of the students on the “alternate” list. Last year, students in your approximate rank did receive CGS M offers at some point in the competition. Although each year is different, and we cannot make any guarantees regarding this year."

1 hour ago, NB_MSW2016 said:

I recieved the following email from U of T's awards office:

"While SGS policy is to not provide students with exact rankings, I can provide you with your approximate location on the alternate list, and compare that to last year’s odds of receiving the award.

You are approximately in the middle of the “alternate” list. Currently, we have extended offers to approximately a third of the students on the “alternate” list. Last year, students in your approximate rank did receive CGS M offers at some point in the competition. Although each year is different, and we cannot make any guarantees regarding this year."

Thank-you for the info. wonder where am I placed on the list, the whole process is made to be very untransparent heh

Edited by BIGAPPLEJUICE

1 hour ago, BIGAPPLEJUICE said:

Thank-you for the info. wonder where am I placed on the list, the whole process is made to be very untransparent heh

I know, it is torture! Fingers crossed for us both! 

Still nothing, unfortunately after perusing previous years forums, I'm guessing at this point my application will indefinitely remain on the waitlist. It's a relief coming to terms with the circumstances. Best of luck to everyone, please keep us posted!

Has anyone been moved off the alternate list by Carleton, or is it safe to assume that those of us on the alternate list now will remain on the wait list?  Carleton's Awards Office will not tell students what number they are on the list, or at least they wouldn't tell me.

Just now, Sakartvelosistoria said:

Has anyone been moved off the alternate list by Carleton, or is it safe to assume that those of us on the alternate list now will remain on the wait list?  Carleton's Awards Office will not tell students what number they are on the list, or at least they wouldn't tell me.

I was on the waitlist as an alternate for Carleton, and I just got an email a couple of hours ago! Congratulations to those who got it, and to those who are still waitlisted; remain hopeful!!!