SSHRC 2010

Hypatia

Awwww, so sorry to check in and find everyone still waiting! I hope good news comes soon. I mean, it's almost time to start a SSHRC 2011 thread.

Has anyone received their first installment cheque?

My school breaks it up into monthly payments, so I won't get my first payment until the very end of September.

Ceiling%20cat%20900.jpg

I see you lurking there, SpaceJump... Why are you here during such an uneventful week?

I've been caught!

Ah, checking this page has just become so much a part of my routine now, that I've still been checking this week - albeit with a lot less anxiety than normal :)

Canuck, you are planning on emailing MSP at the beginning of September, right?

Yes. Yes I am. I'm holding out that we might hear something tomorrow, should those key people be back. Otherwise, I'll e-mail next friday, to see where we're at. At the moment, I'm more 'nail-bitey' about the imminent comprehensives results -but of course, still worried about this, too.

It's not the good news I expected (having previously checked my emails, good SSHRC news for you would have been bad news for me), but congratulations! Now you would be able to hold the scholarship, so that's good.

I'm in maths boot camp. Painful.

I'm in maths boot camp. Painful.

It always is. It's like the initiation process into what is going to be an all-around painful first year. But if Ruqu is teaching Micro, you'll have a great time. Ditto if Amy is teaching macro. I'm just a bit in love with that woman.

Hey Canuck,

Could you email MSP on Wednesday or Thursday instead of Friday? I'll be away from the computer Fri-Mon and I don't want to miss the update that there is no update, haha...

^^ awesome, thanks!

She replies, and I quote

"Unfortunately, there has been no movement yet, and no end to the hold at the moment. I apologize for not having more information for you."

Cheers,

Canuck

EDIT: At this rate, we could be the year that gets royally screwed. That said, there are 4 months until December...

Edited by Canuckonomist

EDIT: At this rate, we could be the year that gets royally screwed.

Yeah, at this point, that's pretty much my bet. I mean, I'll keep checking this page for updates, but if absolutely nothing has happened by now...

That hold has got to end at some point though, doesn't it? And Canuck, if the Vanier winners accepted, how can you not have a SSHRC? This process still doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

*clings to hope*

My concern is: Everything I've heard suggests that they didn't get the number of declines that they were expecting. So maybe they overextended themselves in the actual original sending out of awards, and now there's nothing left?

I did check in today as well and from what I've heard, the budget people are back in the office. Beyond that, everything I heard was the same as Canuck.

I dunno. Either way, I'm truly sick of this wait. Time to get going on my new application, I suppose...