Mcmaster MSc ehealth fall 2017

Sidsak

i started with it...but its too long and the assignments seems rough somehow....not sure if i would be done in 12 weeks with my rough duty schedule at the hospital.

30 minutes ago, Sidsak said:

Hi

That's little weird. Did u get a reply from Iris regarding this matter?

Hello Sidsak,

Earlier today, I received a mail stating that I was recommended for admission, my file was forwarded to graduate department and will be receiving an official offer letter shortly.
Iris confirmed that interview invite mail was sent to me by mistake.

:)

Currently I'm looking at "EDx: Introduction to Computer Science" as university website states that it covers both the prerequisites.
A
ny idea about how much time it is gonna take to complete the course? Has anyone contacted Iris regarding the computer science course?

13 minutes ago, HNamburi said:

Hello Sidsak,

Earlier today, I received a mail stating that I was recommended for admission, my file was forwarded to graduate department and will be receiving an official offer letter shortly.
Iris confirmed that interview invite mail was sent to me by mistake.

:)

Congrats HNamburi 

1 hour ago, HNamburi said:

Currently I'm looking at "EDx: Introduction to Computer Science" as university website states that it covers both the prerequisites.
A
ny idea about how much time it is gonna take to complete the course? Has anyone contacted Iris regarding the computer science course?

it takes like 3 months if you know what youre doing, 6 if you're new to programming.

On 4/6/2017 at 0:45 AM, catman14 said:

it takes like 3 months if you know what youre doing, 6 if you're new to programming.

That's a very long time, any update from graduate department ?

On 3/29/2017 at 10:23 PM, Sidsak said:

HI everyone

Just received my official offer from the grad dept and I am gonna receive it?

I hv also created a Facebook group for the upcoming batch. Hope to c u guys overthere 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/767513160074603/

is the offer conditional or unconditional, any mention about computer science prerequisite in the offer letter?

Edited by HNamburi

3 hours ago, HNamburi said:

is the offer conditional or unconditional, any mention about computer science prerequisite in the offer letter?

Hi HNamburi

This offer is conditional till I submit my official transcripts by Sept 30th. No computer science prerequisite but I came to know from previous batch that it is actually needed in winter course. As at that time burden will be too much so better to finish before starting fall semester.

13 hours ago, Sidsak said:

Hi HNamburi

This offer is conditional till I submit my official transcripts by Sept 30th. No computer science prerequisite but I came to know from previous batch that it is actually needed in winter course. As at that time burden will be too much so better to finish before starting fall semester.

Hello Sidsak,

It means that we may receive an unconditional final offer letter irrespective of the computer science prerequisite,

I've started Introduction to computer science course in EDx, now @ week 0, seems like it may take a few months to complete :mellow:

Thanks for your info, :D

Just FYI, they dont monitor if anybody does these courses or not, they are just suggestions. However if you are planning on taking a lot of compsci courses and have no idea about coding, they do help. 

but for the mandatory compsci course, its alot different then what the online courses teach.

On 4/16/2017 at 9:58 PM, Dwabtit said:

Just FYI, they dont monitor if anybody does these courses or not, they are just suggestions. However if you are planning on taking a lot of compsci courses and have no idea about coding, they do help. 

but for the mandatory compsci course, its alot different then what the online courses teach.

That was very helpful,
Thank you :)

Edited by HNamburi

On 4/21/2017 at 2:17 AM, HNamburi said:

Hello Dwabtit,

Any idea about tution fee for international students?

I can't find it in the university website :mellow:

just email the graduate department and ask for a fee schedule or you can refer here, i think the visa fees is for international students

https://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/student/pdf/fees_grad.pdf

On 4/23/2017 at 10:40 PM, Dwabtit said:

just email the graduate department and ask for a fee schedule or you can refer here, i think the visa fees is for international students

https://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/student/pdf/fees_grad.pdf

Hello Dwabtit,

Received offer letter from graduate department, they've detailed about the tuition fee as well as other costs involved in the program.
Thanks for your help, :D

• 1 month later...