Fulbright 2018-2019

AnnMarie

7 minutes ago, kaikaideedee said:

Hi all! I created a GradCafe account just to participate in this Fulbright thread! 

I'm a semi-finalist for research in Germany right now! The wait is agonizing!

I'd love to connect with anyone else who applied to research in Germany!

Hi! I'm hoping to do ETA, but still like to talk all things Germany. Which Bundesländer did you choose?

4 minutes ago, jbconnor said:

Hi! I'm hoping to do ETA, but still like to talk all things Germany. Which Bundesländer did you choose?

Baden-Württemberg! What about you? Feel free to DM me if you want!

On 3/13/2018 at 11:36 PM, jbconnor said:

Könnte auch nächste Woche sein. So war es vor ein paar Jahren. Wenn ich raten müsste, würde ich 26.3. sagen haha

Ach so! Ja, man denken würde, dass die Deutschen schneller sein würden, aber was kann wir machen...Nur warten und leiden und hoffen für ein schnelle Antwort! 

1 hour ago, theseriouslady said:

Ach so! Ja, man denken würde, dass die Deutschen schneller sein würden, aber was kann wir machen...Nur warten und leiden und hoffen für ein schnelle Antwort! 

Die Deutschen sind es nicht. Alle Länder mussten (angeblich) vor dem 2. März ihre Entscheidungen haben. Ich glaube, wir warten nur wegen der Bürokratie :) 

Hey y'all, here's a question I've been wondering about in regards to the French ETA (maybe a little TMI but I don't really know where else I might ask this). I have RA and need my medications to not be in constant pain. I know people teaching in France through TAPIF receive French health insurance while working and that the ETA is basically an extension of TAPIF, but do people working through the ETA still get that health insurance?

In other words, I'm poor and rely on state health insurance. Can I expect some kind of health insurance while I'm on a French ETA (if I'm selected at all)?

@NoKicktheBaby Based on the spreadsheet from the last few years and the fact that the early countries were notified Thurs and Friday, I am expecting we (Netherlands applicant as well) will hear back on or at by Wednesday. Looks like they went out in the morning recently, too. Probably less than 4 more days! Good luck

Edit: said suspecting instead of expecting. whoa, dunno what happened there

Edited by Spike_Junkie

Hi everyone! Like so many here I've been lurking since the first notifications came out and finally caved into making an account for this thread. I'm a semi-finalist for an ETA in Taiwan, so I'm hoping for good news this week. Congrats to those already accepted as a finalist, and good-luck to everyone else waiting for their results!

Hey! I've been following this thread recently and decided to make an account! I'm a semi-finalist for an ETA in Malaysia! Like most people, I'm incredibly excited and nervous! Are there any other semi-finalists for the ETA in Malaysia out there? I'd love to connect with you! Congrats to all the finalist! Good luck to everyone else still waiting!!

Also, thanks so much for making this, @AnnMarie!!!

Edited by Fleugame

2 hours ago, Muse_ said:

Does anyone know when Germany will notify research and study finalists? I'm tempted to contact them inquiring about it due to an upcoming enrollment decision deadline for a Ph.D. offer of admission.

No one knows when they'll notify. Others have recommended other people in similar situations to ask for an extension and explain your situation to the university. Fulbright won't give you information early.

12 hours ago, Muse_ said:

Does anyone know when Germany will notify research and study finalists? I'm tempted to contact them inquiring about it due to an upcoming enrollment decision deadline for a Ph.D. offer of admission.

Last year they notified on March 23rd or something. I'm guessing they'll notify us near March 30th because that seems to be the pattern, based on the administration. Look at the XL sheet. It can help you predict. I'm also waiting for a Study/Research to Germany.