Fulbright 2018-2019

AnnMarie

Hello, my name is Yuliia, I an a former Fulbrighter from Ukraine, I was studying Mechanical Engineering at Western Michigan University in 2015-2017. Right now I am in the USA as a J-2 dependent - my husband is also a Fulbrighter and he stayed here for PhD. 

I have a Youtube channel where I interview Fulrighters from all over the world. It that can be useful for future and current Fulbrighters since we talk a lot about applicatin process, personal motivation and specifics of the program for those who are already in the Program (post-AT training, coming to the US with your family, etc).

Check it out and feel free to message me on Instagram or in the comments to the videos! Thanks and good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm7PSWFwlihC0bwlxBjfaVQ 

https://www.instagram.com/yuliia.sergeeva/

• 3 months later...

Hi all!

I'm a current PhD student interested in applying to the Fulbright program (research) at the end of my grad program (in ~2 years), likely for French or German speaking Switzerland.

For current participants, those who have been accepted, or those with application experience...do you have any tips/recommendations for starting to build a strong application?

Thanks! It sounds like an awesome program and I look forward to hearing about your experiences :)

-J

Edited by OdysseyOfHomerSimpson

• 5 months later...
On 1/26/2018 at 11:42 AM, SocGender_Grad said:

Anyone else applying to a UK partnership Award? I'm hoping to get good news about Leeds today!!!

Do you remember when you heard? I am still waiting to hear about Leeds partnership award. I was notified of semi finalist status in Jan. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Everyone,

I was a Fulbright grantee in 2014 and due to my Fulbright experience in Sweden ended up creating an app that helps people meet each other when moving abroad. Within the app there is a specific Community designated just for Fulbrighters, so now no matter where you go you will be able to find others in the Fulbright network and see all your overlapping interests with those nearby. For those of you looking to connect with other Fulbrighters while traveling or with alumni from past years, please check it out.

It's called Panion:

And please help spread the word!

Thank you,
Melanie