Fulbright 2018-2019

AnnMarie

1 hour ago, seanjb55 said:

When the results come in -- does it come through your advisor at your Uni? There's no fulbright page I should be obsessively refreshing, correct?

I think it will show up in the IEES portal where we submitted. Our application status should change. I also imagine we would receive an email about it. So anxious/excited about this!

1 hour ago, seanjb55 said:

When the results come in -- does it come through your advisor at your Uni? There's no fulbright page I should be obsessively refreshing, correct?

For the first round all applicants are notified by email at the same time. Last year the subject line was something like Fulbright U.S. Student Program Application Status. 

On 1/15/2018 at 3:34 PM, GraceHutt said:

Any current teachers here applying for an ETA?? I'm in my second year of teaching high school English, about to graduate with a M.Ed in policy.

Even with teaching experience, I have no idea if this will be enough to be considered for an ETA. This vague waiting time is killer! I had pretty much forgotten about my application until last week, and now the idea of notifications coming out soon has placed it in the forefront of my mind!!

I am a teacher, or I guess I should say, I was a teacher before starting my Master's degree last year. I hope it doesn't render me "overqualified" that's been my biggest fear for the ETA program. Eek! I'm applying to Czech Republic. :)

Hi all!

I applied for open study/research in the Netherlands. My area of study is automation of tech and its effects on migration and development. Fingers crossed we get decisions soon; I've received an offer of admission from my target institution already. Sure could use the funding :lol:

Good luck everyone!

Anyone else applying to an ETA in the Czech Republic get an email from the Czech Fulbright commission asking to fill out an additional country specific questionnaire? I got an email addressed "dear semi-finalist"... Not sure this means I am a semi-finalist and the Czech commission has decided to send emails out before the US lets us know. Very confusing but I would assume this means the countries already know who has moved forward, so everyone else (hopefully) should know soon too!!

6 minutes ago, graceaco said:

Anyone else applying to an ETA in the Czech Republic get an email from the Czech Fulbright commission asking to fill out an additional country specific questionnaire? I got an email addressed "dear semi-finalist"... Not sure this means I am a semi-finalist and the Czech commission has decided to send emails out before the US lets us know. Very confusing but I would assume this means the countries already know who has moved forward, so everyone else (hopefully) should know soon too!!

I would assume the countries already know -- maybe the Czech Republic jumped the gun, but maybe that means we'll know today or tomorrow! Really hope that means you're officially a semi-finalist, if so congrats! Couldn't imagine getting that email first without confirmation from IIE :o

10 minutes ago, graceaco said:

Haha I just came to post this same thing. If that's the case that we are semi-finalists then yay us!! If we're not semi-finalists then this will feel like a cruel joke. Either way I hope others find out their results soon. :)

4 minutes ago, Samye23 said:

Haha I just came to post this same thing. If that's the case that we are semi-finalists then yay us!! If we're not semi-finalists then this will feel like a cruel joke. Either way I hope others find out their results soon. :)

Congrats (I hope)! I am excited but also nervous about the whole thing. I had no idea we would be asked to add more to our applications at this stage. Perfecting the answers to these questions in a few short days is a lot of pressure. 

9 minutes ago, Samye23 said:

So you have a Czech app as well?

1 hour ago, graceaco said:

I’m another Czech ETA applicant who received this email today. Hoping that we actually are Semi-Finalists :). Good luck with the questionnaire!

1 hour ago, graceaco said:

Another Czech semifinalist here! Congrats guys and good luck w the questions! I’ll probably spend a day or 2 overthinking them myself haha 

3 hours ago, jazzyab_45 said:

This is about the time where everyones post start to look like...

9am: Maybe today?

5pm: Not today:(

...Myself included

Ugh, so true.

The emails to the Czech applicants are giving me hope, though! (Congratulations all of you--by the way! That is so freaking exciting!)

As for the rest of us, it's 9AM so I'll say it--maybe today? ;)

15 minutes ago, mostlyrainy said:

Ugh, so true.

The emails to the Czech applicants are giving me hope, though! (Congratulations all of you--by the way! That is so freaking exciting!)

As for the rest of us, it's 9AM so I'll say it--maybe today? ;)

I am thinking maybe the Czech team was told that they would send out initial notifications on the 18th, so they sent out their emails early because of time zone differences etc?  Fingers crossed it will be followed by all of the other emails later today! 

10 minutes ago, taymsmi said:

I am thinking maybe the Czech team was told that they would send out initial notifications on the 18th, so they sent out their emails early because of time zone differences etc?  Fingers crossed it will be followed by all of the other emails later today! 

Thats my hope too! 

28 minutes ago, taymsmi said:

This is also exactly what I was thinking! Historically (barring the few late Jan notifications) Fulbright applicants have been notified on January 18/19. Seeing as our applications have already been forwarded to our host countries, it would make intuitive sense (to me, at least) that not only have semi finalist decisions been made, but also that we would receive email notification pretty soon.

Of course, there could be a hold up, but this is me being hopefully optimistic! 

3 minutes ago, taymsmi said:

Is anyone else refreshing their email like an absolute madman? As if it wouldn't automatically notify me when I got an email anyways....

:PB)

right there with ya :D in the history of my life, i've never gotten an actual email while refreshing like a madman.. it's always when i stop checking it for an hour or two to go to class or do something that i get 30 emails lol

1 hour ago, daishahistory said:

Hey. First time commenting this year, I have been trying to avoid looking at it, in fear of losing my mind. 

I CANT STOP LOOKING AT MY EMAIL

Me, too, but I caved... and now I'm anxiously (and perpetually) refreshing my browser. :blink: Make it stop!!