1 hour ago, Hopeandwaiting said:

On the graduate application portal under the messages section. I also got an email at my ualberta account alerting of the update first. 

Ahhh I haven't received any sort of update on either of these....wondering if this is good news or bad :/ 

3 hours ago, futurejdmph said:

Ahhh I haven't received any sort of update on either of these....wondering if this is good news or bad :/ 

I don't know if it's good or bad. I can tell you that last year I got rejected from U of A on April 26. There were many people on this forum who had reported offers, rejections and waitlist status right up until then. The waiting is painful but we shall all hear back soon, and hopefully good news! :) 

11 minutes ago, goalsforgradschool said:

I'm also waiting for McMaster. For U of T, they sent their rejections about two weeks or so ago, so they're probably going through their waitlists! Hang tight!

Did they send an email stating if the applicant has been waitlisted

6 hours ago, sheisgreat said:

For those rejected from University of Alberta, what program stream were you rejected from? What other schools are you waiting to hear from?

Got rejected yesterday from UoA mph global health.. I applied for MSc in public health in global health from UoA but still no results.. rejected from sfu as well..  waiting for Uo sask now

Edited by Sonal01

4 hours ago, Sonal01 said:

Got rejected yesterday from UoA mph global health.. I applied for MSc in public health in global health from UoA but still no results.. rejected from sfu as well..  waiting for Uo sask now

Any idea.. when will usask send out d decisions....

I can see that alot of people want uofs. Can anybody provide me with further insight into what makes uofs a good public health program?  

I have been doing research and so far I can see that it has an integrated approach so you get experience with all five core disciplines, its an accredited school of public health, and they have engaged in alot of research. Anything that im missing that makes it good?

5 hours ago, Hopeandwaiting said:

I can see that alot of people want uofs. Can anybody provide me with further insight into what makes uofs a good public health program?  

I have been doing research and so far I can see that it has an integrated approach so you get experience with all five core disciplines, its an accredited school of public health, and they have engaged in alot of research. Anything that im missing that makes it good?

When I was looking for my MPH this was prominent in the news - http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/ailing-institution-the-school-of-public-health-tries-to-recover-from-an-era-tainted-by-allegations-infighting-intimidation-and-the-scars-of-questionable-teaching

Hoping they've fixed all that now.

35 minutes ago, MacPanther said:

Does UofT - Health Promo have a waitlist? I haven't heard back from them and I've noticed most members have gotten a response 

They did last year. I got an email about UT health promo waitlist on May 1 (or 9th),2017. 

9 hours ago, Hopeandwaiting said:

Well in my case after rejections from other universities, UoS is the only option left out now.. so waiting for some positive response from  them.. 

5 minutes ago, Sonal01 said:

Well in my case after rejections from other universities, UoS is the only option left out now.. so waiting for some positive response from  them.. 

From the little I researched on, SFU and U of S are the only schools in Canada that offer an MPH Thesis Option. Hence, if a student decides to pursue further education, they are at an advantage due to the research based experience they would acquire from the program.