11 hours ago, bailm16 said:

I’ll be joining you at lakehead via distance! I haven’t seen a Facebook page yet but hopefully one is made soon. I’m anxious to register for classes! Have either of you received emails yet about classes? 

Not yet! But the timetable is set to release this Monday so hopefully we will receive an email soon.

32 minutes ago, hannahebb said:

I got an email from SFU yesterday and I was accepted to the MPH program in population health! I was on the waitlist and I definitely didn't think I would get off it so I'm super surprised and excited. They even offered me an entrance scholarship! 

Congrats!

52 minutes ago, hannahebb said:

I got an email from SFU yesterday and I was accepted to the MPH program in population health! I was on the waitlist and I definitely didn't think I would get off it so I'm super surprised and excited. They even offered me an entrance scholarship! 

Wow, that's incredible. 

Congratulations!

7 hours ago, hannahebb said:

Congrats! I'm also doing my MPH in population health at SFU - see you in September! :)

Just got rejected from Lakehead mph epi ? it hurts but I kind of expected it since I don't have any prior epi experience or any recent statistics course. All my previous education/experiences are related to health promotion.

But on a positive note, I am so excited to start Waterloo mph program in August ?

Good luck to those still waiting.

Edited by AniSabi

On 5/28/2018 at 11:36 AM, mzericao said:

Welp, I just got my rejection from University of Toronto- MPH Socio Behavioural Sciences stream- University of Saskatchewan it is. Hope the rest of you receive good news.

Yaaayyy waited 6 months only to get a rejection from U of T!

On 6/1/2018 at 1:29 PM, Sw5 said:

Is anyone else on the waitlist for MPH at Western? 

Thank you.

I'm still on the waitlist, and I have yet to hear anything. They said they would get back in June so hopefully this week? I'm trying not to be so anxious :/

Hi all,

new to the forum here and I need help making some tough decisions. Between Queens, McMaster, and Western for MPH, which one is better? My logic is the shorter the program length the better, which would make Western a better option. McMaster is more flexible as it's a mix of online and classroom learning, which allows me to keep a part time job on the side. 

What do you guys think? I would love to see you guys opinion on this.

Edited by Sammm94

20 hours ago, ughsigh said:

I'm still on the waitlist, and I have yet to hear anything. They said they would get back in June so hopefully this week? I'm trying not to be so anxious ?

Hopefully its sooner than later, I know they had till June 1st to accept or decline. 

6 hours ago, Sammm94 said:

Hi all,

new to the forum here and I need help making some tough decisions. Between Queens, McMaster, and Western for MPH, which one is better? My logic is the shorter the program length the better, which would make Western a better option. McMaster is more flexible as it's a mix of online and classroom learning, which allows me to keep a part time job on the side. 

What do you guys think? I would love to see you guys opinion on this.

I do believe McMaster has the best reputation out of the three and a great health sciences and medicine faculty. I am not sure about westerns program but it came down to a similiar situation for me between mcmaster, queens and guelph. I decided to choose McMaster after doing research on how the school ranks globally, the MPH program itself and the practicum opportunities. I didn't really factor the program length so much into my decision so that might mean more to your decision than mine. If you choose McMaster I will maybe see you in the fall, either way good luck with your decision and whatever you choose :)

8 minutes ago, Emily_Ww said:

I do believe McMaster has the best reputation out of the three and a great health sciences and medicine faculty. I am not sure about westerns program but it came down to a similiar situation for me between mcmaster, queens and guelph. I decided to choose McMaster after doing research on how the school ranks globally, the MPH program itself and the practicum opportunities. I didn't really factor the program length so much into my decision so that might mean more to your decision than mine. If you choose McMaster I will maybe see you in the fall, either way good luck with your decision and whatever you choose :)

Thank you Emily, 

I will be rejecting Queens so a spot should open up for those on the waitlist. Now it's between Western and McMaster. 

1 hour ago, Sammm94 said:

Thank you Emily, 

I will be rejecting Queens so a spot should open up for those on the waitlist. Now it's between Western and McMaster. 

Western has career development within the curriculum so that's something to consider. Basically you'll land a job faster. 

Hello everyone,

I am dentist from India and new to this forum . I have some queries regarding admission requirements  particularly for  UBC, Uof T and SFU.

I never had any undergraduate level statistics course. I only had mathematics in my high school which i doubt will be considered for mph. Now my question is if i give general GRE scores, will it be considered equivalent to ug level stats?  If no, can anyone plz suggest me any online credited ug level course available for the same so that i can apply for 2019.

On 5/5/2018 at 12:44 AM, kaktarua said:

How long they gave the time to accept the offer. I am just curious as I am in the waiting list.

Curious about the same thing!!! 

I want to call the office but they said in the letter "don't ask us about the Waitlist..."

*freakingout* 

Edited by annien53

On 6/4/2018 at 9:40 AM, sbhardwaj said:

Hello everyone,

I am dentist from India and new to this forum . I have some queries regarding admission requirements  particularly for  UBC, Uof T and SFU.

I never had any undergraduate level statistics course. I only had mathematics in my high school which i doubt will be considered for mph. Now my question is if i give general GRE scores, will it be considered equivalent to ug level stats?  If no, can anyone plz suggest me any online credited ug level course available for the same so that i can apply for 2019.

No, the GRE can't be used as a replacement for undergraduate statistics. I believe UofT requires you take one course (or two courses) that cover a huge range of topics (listed on their website). I recommend looking to see if Athabasca University offers an online stats course. It's an online university so it should, but make sure it covers ALL of the required topics.

Edited by pianoplaya94