Jump to content

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, vstrindberg said:

Is it possible to get an offer after 15 April if schools have not made a decision on my application? What is the likelihood? I have 2 rejections but 3 schools have not answered me?

It might be worth reaching out to those schools. If they have waitlists and if you are on a waitlist, it is very possible to be offered admission after the April 15th deadline.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, TheHoff said:

I just went to a solid 9 now that I received a rejection from my desired school.

Hope to have better luck next year or get an acceptance from another choice

Oh no! That sucks. So sorry. 

@light10491 I'm calling my POI later today and then accepting on the portal. Tomorrow is my day to celebrate!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: I'm at a 2 now. I received my acceptance email from RIT on the 13th so yay! RIT doesn't follow the April 15th rule so I have until May 1st to put in my deposit. The little anxiety I have left is finding an apartment, maybe last minute applying for an assistantship, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.04.2017 at 5:13 PM, AnniKatt said:

Update: I'm at a 2 now. I received my acceptance email from RIT on the 13th so yay! RIT doesn't follow the April 15th rule so I have until May 1st to put in my deposit. The little anxiety I have left is finding an apartment, maybe last minute applying for an assistantship, etc.

April 15th Rule is applied for offers given before 1 April. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well now I'm at a 10... or a 0... rapidly oscillating between the two.

I received my final rejection from my top choice and best hope for admission. Applied to 13 schools, and was rejected by all but one. The final one, Emory, hasn't responded to a single call or email since October, and their generic email response has dates from 2015 in it. So I'm counting that as a rejection.

I was so sure that a career in academia was right for me, as did my references and work colleagues. Maybe not. Now all I have is regret for all the hours I poured into prepping for tests and applications and interviews, instead of spending time concentrating on my family and job.

So sometimes the 10 hits me hard, and then I just sigh and return to an indifferent 0.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jpain3 said:

Well now I'm at a 10... or a 0... rapidly oscillating between the two.

I received my final rejection from my top choice and best hope for admission. Applied to 13 schools, and was rejected by all but one. The final one, Emory, hasn't responded to a single call or email since October, and their generic email response has dates from 2015 in it. So I'm counting that as a rejection.

I was so sure that a career in academia was right for me, as did my references and work colleagues. Maybe not. Now all I have is regret for all the hours I poured into prepping for tests and applications and interviews, instead of spending time concentrating on my family and job.

So sometimes the 10 hits me hard, and then I just sigh and return to an indifferent 0.

Well Emory just said 'no' so it looks like I won't be pursing a career in academia after all :(

My next year just got turned upside down. Solid 10 on the stress level right now.

Congratulations to everyone who got into a program, maybe I'll join next year!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting to hear back from a waitlist still... I thought that this hell would be over by now! Oh, academia. I had given up but the DGS contacted me one week ago saying they were going to make a decision 'within the next few days.' I'm freaking out because I had finally come to peace with having to reapply next year, and I'm in the middle of writing the final draft of my master's thesis which requires my full attention (yet now my mind wanders). The school is in South Carolina which is on the opposite end of the country from me so I don't know that I want to move to such a drastically different and far place. Of course, if they accept me, I will consider it, but the timing is horrible, and I would absolutely need to visit the school first (meanwhile, thesis). I wouldn't ever be ungrateful for an acceptance, but I'm really on the fence about the school. 

So, I guess considering all of the circumstances, I'm about a 9 on the scale :D I wish I could at least get some advice from people but there's no advice to be given until I know if I'm in or not. A rejection might be more of a relief. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.