Texas A&M

Bobb Cobb

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Cool. I have been once and really liked it, especially the political science facilities. I will be going back for the admit weekend at the end of March for a full introduction, so that should give a good feel for what atmosphere and grad life is like.

Good luck! How does A&M rank among the other schools you applied to?

I would consider the program I applied to as my first choice among them even if it isn't ranked higher than the others. It's just a perfect fit program for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from an interview conference at Texas A&M's Bush School of Government and Public Service for a MA International Affairs. I was blown away by the department as well as the university itself. College Station is small, but it seems like it could be fun. The campus is awesome, especially the Rec Center, and the sports will be fun to get involved in.

As for the Bush School -- I thought it would be a very conservative program, but it turned out to be very non-partisan, which was something reiterated by former President Bush Sr when we met him there.

The area, of course, is quite conservative, but it seems there's space for all beliefs there.

I intend on going there and am no longer considering my other offers, even though some of them are completely funded with large stipends.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them. The department I applied to doesn't have visitations till August I think. When all accepted get introduced to faculty and current students.

Yeah its in the Allen building.

Bush School =1st floor

Political Science = 2nd floor

Economics = 3rd floor

Kind of important to know that so you can pick up on the subtle bashing of the other departments in the building by your faculty.

Yeah its in the Allen building.

Bush School =1st floor

Political Science = 2nd floor

Economics = 3rd floor

Kind of important to know that so you can pick up on the subtle bashing of the other departments in the building by your faculty.

Just cruise the hallways and listen for shit talk? I am good at that as I have been in a similar environment. That building is pretty damn sweet as academic facilities go.

I've heard from the last school today, so I'm sending an email today to let them know that I will attend in the Fall. I've already lined up housing as well, so I'm getting really excited.

Which department are you going to??? How did u find housing?? I am also going to send in my acceptance soon so any info will be really helpful.

Which department are you going to??? How did u find housing?? I am also going to send in my acceptance soon so any info will be really helpful.

I'll be in the English department. I was checking craigslist daily. It took some time, because I had fairly specific criteria (i.e. house, larger, close to campus, allows pets) to accomodate my significant other and me. If you're moving by yourself, or if you don't have a so many criteria, it should be really easy to find a place. Right now people are advertising for openings in June, July, and August. I also googled "College Station rentals" and used links from the grad housing area of tamu.edu.

Well since I am moving from India...i was thinking that maybe for the first year or atleast the first semester, i will live in university housing and then look for off campus when i have a better idea of the city...is that advisable?? are the university apartments good?

I think that makes a lot of sense. One of my younger professors went to Texas A & M for her Ph.D., so I know someone with recent information about the area. As far as on campus housing, all that I know about it is what they have online. I only looked at "family" housing, so I don't know about apartments for single students. I do know that they are building a new on campus apartment building, but the old "family" apartments are pretty old. That may not be the case for single grad housing though. I also know that on campus housing doesn't allow pets.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use