Genetic Counseling Fall 2018 Applicants

GeneDawg

2 hours ago, kelly14 said:

I’ve literally been going crazy over this, so it gives me some peace of mind that I’m not the only one. Here’s to both of us single-spacers getting an interview :)

I know this is for a different school but the same thing happened with Stanford.  They changed it from 750 words to 2 pages max right before I submitted.  When I emailed them they said to submit the 750 word one because they knew changing it so far into the admissions process would cause confusion and understood there would be a lot of people who couldn't go back and rewrite their personal statement.  I know this is not the same but it might lessen some stress!

19 minutes ago, Nefelibata said:

North Carolina. So anyone who applied there, check your emails today!

I also received a big fat no. I am bummed given this is my second year and my starting it out with a rejection :( 

Anyone who applied to Augustana, their natural science calculation--did you include both times taking a class if you repeated it, or only the highest standing grade?

Also I feel really behind--today is payday so I've been waiting to submit that app til i had the money, and now that you're all getting interviews already...Do you guys think it's still worth turnin in, or??

5 minutes ago, Blizzard said:

Anyone who applied to Augustana, their natural science calculation--did you include both times taking a class if you repeated it, or only the highest standing grade?

Also I feel really behind--today is payday so I've been waiting to submit that app til i had the money, and now that you're all getting interviews already...Do you guys think it's still worth turnin in, or??

For sure still apply!! I think they're giving out interviews for those that submitted for the priority deadline but I'm sure they have more to offer down the line. For the sGPA I included both grades if I retook it. 

13 minutes ago, Blizzard said:

Hi! I emailed them about this and got this reply: 

"If you took a natural science course that counted towards your undergraduate degree--whether from a community college that transferred in or that you took at your final undergraduate institution--you should include it. Also, if you took an undergraduate course after graduating that we should consider when reviewing your application (e.g., a course to satisfy the biochemistry recommendation), you should also include it. If you took a course to earn a better grade, use the better grade and exclude the worse grade."

@genmed You can get rid of the lower grade -- they specifically stated that we can exclude it.

Hope this helps!! :)

Edited by fortysixand2

5 minutes ago, fortysixand2 said:

Hi! I emailed them about this and got this reply: 

"If you took a natural science course that counted towards your undergraduate degree--whether from a community college that transferred in or that you took at your final undergraduate institution--you should include it. Also, if you took an undergraduate course after graduating that we should consider when reviewing your application (e.g., a course to satisfy the biochemistry recommendation), you should also include it. If you took a course to earn a better grade, use the better grade and exclude the worse grade."

@genmed You can get rid of the lower grade -- they specifically stated that we can exclude it.

Hope this helps!! :)

This makes me feel better. I didn't take A&P until after finishing out my undergrad and working full time, and it was a bit of a tire fire before I finally got an A. Haha you make feel better--I was sitting here calculating and iM LIKE NO ONE IS LETTING ME IN, EVER!!!!

Anybody know if Case Western is still sending out interviews? I noticed some people got them last week, but I haven’t heard anything yet. I interviewed there and was waitlisted for admission last year, so I was pretty confident I was going to at least get an interview this year... I’ve been pretty confused/anxious about it, so just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

Has anybody out here applied to Oklahoma ? Their notification dates were 2nd & 3rd week of Jan. And today is the 3rd Friday. I did not find any mention of Oklahoma on the results page either. I m really worried now... Did anybody apply to/interview with them last year? If so, when were you notified of the interview/rejection ?

Edited by FutureGC7

18 hours ago, FutureGC7 said:

How about you ? Is it the last attempt for you too? And if so, why?

Anyone else who feels like this is their make or break application cycle ?

This is my second time around, and I think I may give myself one more try then potentially consider changing my ideas. The financial burden is definitely overwhelming so I don't see myself going more than three times.

1 hour ago, Blizzard said:

Personally, I only included the second time I took it. I had to re-take ochem and I didn't want the poor grade to impact my application more than it already did. If they want to know more about my courses, they have the transcripts...

1 hour ago, Blizzard said:

If I took it for “redo/replacement” at my school then no. Otherwise yes. And def still apply they’re giving interviews out till February 16th! 

1 hour ago, FutureGC7 said:

Has anybody out here applied to Oklahoma ? Their notification dates were 2nd & 3rd week of Jan. And today is the 3rd Friday. I did not find any mention of Oklahoma on the results page either. I m really worried now... Did anybody apply to/interview with them last year? If so, when were you notified of the interview/rejection ?

I got my rejection 2/13 last year.

1 hour ago, Brifeir said:

Anyone hear from brandeis today? They said end of this week so this is just a fun waiting game

Rejections are rolling out from Brandeis.. just got mine a couple minutes ago ?

3 minutes ago, LM1994 said:

For those who got an interview offer with Minnesota, when did you submit your application?

I think I submitted mine December 13th. Not entirely sure but it was definitely around then.

Just now, LM1994 said:

For those who got an interview offer with Minnesota, when did you submit your application?

I submitted the application around 1st December, but my recommendations weren't in until December 15th. 

Edited by GeneDawg