Genetic Counseling Fall 2018 Applicants

GeneDawg

On 2/6/2018 at 8:04 AM, CdaveyGC said:

I also applied to U of M and haven't gotten and email either way.  I'm assuming it's a rejection since I didn't get an interview offer but it's weird that others have gotten a rejection email already. I assume they send them out altogether?

I didn't get an email, but the decision was available on the application website.

6 minutes ago, Raerae32 said:

Does anyone know when we can expect to hear from Rutgers?

They're doing rolling offers, so it's anyone's guess.  I received my phone call from them 10 days after some other people on the forum did, and it seemed like they still had a lot of interview dates open when they called.

17 hours ago, AJM19 said:

Hey all! A few questions:

1. I have an interview at Case Western this Friday. Has anyone interviewed there yet and, if so, how was it??

I am interviewing at Case this Friday too! I interviewed with them last year and it was pretty chill. They mostly asked questions about my resume and personal statement. I don't think there were any ethical or technical questions. The director is super nice. Are you going to the dinner on Thursday?

On 1/29/2018 at 6:40 PM, CC_ said:

Did they email you or did you check the online app? If you checked it online is that information on the same page that you view your application status?

Applied/Rejected/Interview: CSU Stanislaus, Stanford, Utah, Denver, Pittsburgh, Arcadia, Thomas Jefferson

Its online on the application portal . hope you found it !

9 minutes ago, Lauren423 said:

I too got my rejection from Rutgers and Colorado today. Still waiting on Indiana State, Uni of Indiana, and Pittsburgh. Anyone know around when I should hear from them. Definitely feeling pretty pessimistic at this point.

IU sent out invites on Jan. 24th. I reached out a few business days later to see if they thought they'd be sending out more invites and never got a response. Also feeling pessimistic about that one haha

I emailed Baylor about interview dates in April as the ones available weren’t the best for me. The director replied that there were no April dates and that they were all on the application portal and “filling up fast”. It looks like they sent all their invites at once. They may have a short wait list, but I’m not certain.