Genetic Counseling Fall 2018 Applicants

GeneDawg

1 hour ago, Nefelibata said:

I feel you @Blizzard. I had 5 interviews and no match, it really stings.

Hey guys.  I didn't match either.  Bummed and a little confused.    Trying just to feel the feels right now, but I think I'm still in shock.

10 minutes ago, jadeo07 said:

Anyone know what school went unmatched? 

7 minutes ago, HalleK said:

Arizona I believe!

Nope it was ISU. They have two spots. Arizona can't participate in the post-match process until they are accredited.

8 hours ago, Blizzard said:

I did not match anywhere. I’m beyond broken this morning. 

I'm so sorry to hear that.  This application cycle has been a huge roller coaster for you.  The competitiveness of this process is the craziest thing I've ever experienced.  Don't give up! You will be an amazing genetic counselor some day!

Hi everyone! There are two genetic counseling assistant positions opening up at my job at the Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake City.  https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/76134

Wondering if anyone else hasn't heard from their PD yet and if so are you planning to email them yourself? I know the match is binding, but I feel apart of me will be paranoid until confirmation from the program itself. 

On 4/29/2018 at 7:59 PM, 03hope18 said:

Hi!!!! Me too! Congrats! ?

Yay! I sent you an inbox on here. Hoping to get you in on the group text we’ve started for the class- 5 of us in so far ?

19 hours ago, Adterry said:

Wondering if anyone else hasn't heard from their PD yet and if so are you planning to email them yourself? I know the match is binding, but I feel apart of me will be paranoid until confirmation from the program itself. 

I haven't heard anything yet and I reached out on Friday (Matched with Bay Path). Kind of disheartening when other people are hearing so quickly, but we will hear soon I'm sure! I don't think you emailing them will change when you hear from them, but if you want to show them your excitement, that's not a bad thing!

Hi everyone!!! Sadly, I didn't get matched so now I plan on applying (again?) this next year!!

Does anyone know when I should ask programs I applied to/interviewed with what I need to improve in for the next application process? Also, should I email the program directors or call them, or does it not matter??